1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does COMMA work on Prius Prime LE?

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by bubakazouba, Feb 19, 2022.

Tags:
  1. bubakazouba

bubakazouba New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    The comma website says that it supports 2022 prius prime Le know the 2022 Prime Limited has more sensors on the side. Does it also support the 2022 Prius Prime LE with the 1 front camera and 1 radar sensor?
    Has anyone tried it before?

AddisonSnyder likes this.
  2. AddisonSnyder

AddisonSnyder New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Also wondering.

3. Fud52

Fud52 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    22 Prius prime xle.
    Openpilot on a comma 3 engaged over 6000 miles
    Same sensors as the le. Works great. I bought the car specifically for openpilot. Best purchases ever. On the highway it's super stable and competent. I've driven from San Antonio to Houston without interfering. Only engaging the blinker.

Openpilot uses the comma forward facing cameras above 15mph on the prime. Uses forward radar below. Doesn't use side of treat radar in any approved forks. There are banned forks that do but you won't go there. Openpilot is about to go vision only. I'm sure I'm the future there will be features that utilize the BSM, but we just won't get to use them. Shouldn't affect the main purpose of openpilot.

Get openpilot it's awesome. You won't regret it. Go to their discord and interact with the community. They want to help. I run sunnyhaibin, erich, and Shane forks. They offer different things. I'm mostly on sunnyhaibin.

The Taco Bell run is a level 2 trip to Taco Bell via gps, without driver interference. The 22 Prius prime, all trim levels, are on the top of the list to do it right now. Not there yet, but getting close.

4. AddisonSnyder

AddisonSnyder New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Banned forks?? How do you ban a fork on an open source project? Link :whistle:?

5. Schrauger

Schrauger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    When you use the standard fork of OpenPilot, it lets you upload your videos to their servers, so you have a cloud-backed dashcam. You can also allow them to use those videos as part of their AI training if you want.

If you use a forbidden fork, if the fork isn't configured to block all connections to the comma server, then the comma server will detect you're using a bad fork and block your device from connecting to their servers.

It doesn't actually brick the device or anything. You just won't be allowed to upload videos to their servers, and your device won't be allowed to connect in the future even if you reinstall a regular fork.

It doesn't really affect much. Those who choose to bypass the safety requirements are usually also people who wouldn't care about uploading the dashcam videos. And you can still download the updates to standard forks (it doesn't block the device from being able to contact GitHub, where the repo and code are stored), but you will probably be banned from the Discord server if you mention you're running a fork they deem unsafe, and your device (with its unique id) will be banned from connecting to the Comma servers.

AddisonSnyder likes this.
  6. BChoAss

BChoAss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Absolutely. I have a 2019 Prius Prime Plus with a Comma 2 since 1/2020. IMO definitely worth it and easy to install. The Discord Comma community are super helpful.