1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does DICE void factory extended warranty?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by smith401, Jun 16, 2009.

1. smith401

smith401 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I installed my DICE unit in my Prius last summer and it's been working fine ever since. Recently, I've started noticing that the buttons on my radio are intermittently unresponsive. The steering wheel buttons and MFD continue to function correctly.

I have an extended factory warranty on the Prius and I want to know if I should remove the DICE unit before bringing the Prius in to have the radio replaced. I can't see why the warranty would be voided from DICE, but some reassurance would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would remove it, just to see if the problems you are having go away. If they do, BAD Dice.... if not, bad car, keep the Dice out and bring the car in. After you get it back fixed, reinstall Dice!

3. Frayadjacent

Frayadjacent Resident Conservative

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    No aftermarket part can void warranty on any stock part UNLESS that aftermarket part CAUSES a stock part damage.