1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does driving in PWR mode increase chances of blowing head gasket?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by elmofongo, Mar 29, 2022.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    was the o/p joking?

2. Kevdo1

Kevdo1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    so I put everything together and I forgot to tighten the grounds so it was misfiring so after it was fine drove it home for 15 mins , started it the next day and drove for another 15 mins and the “Check Hybrid System “ came on, engine wouldnt turn on, was only driving on battery, car stopped immediately and wouldn’t let me accelerate and I pulled over, while I was pulled over my auxiliary battery died also, which I found weird, note the car was sitting for a month with the battery unplugged and orange service plug for the hyrbid battery unplugged also, after putting everything back on that same message appeared, resetted it with the scanner and that’s when it popped up the next day, charged the auxillary battery after it randomly dying and it’s still holding its charge at 12.5 volts so I think the battery is still good, I don’t know what cause the battery to die also, so I tried plugging in my mechanics scanner, the expensive ones with the bigger screen and it wouldn’t let us connect, kept saying failed, the only thing that worked was my cheap obd 2 scanner, got a code for a U0100, something about the pcm or ecm, but that code wasn’t there yesterday when i drove home fine, it only came on after all this happened! Any thoughts on what could be wrong? I really need help