1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does everybody else just LOVE their Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by DeanFL, Nov 16, 2009.

?

OVERALL, how much do you like your Prius?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2009.
  1. LOVE IT

91 vote(s)
    64.1%
  2. LIKE IT A LOT

32 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. LIKE IT

10 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. IT'S OKAY

6 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. HATE IT

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. RoyThePriusGuy

RoyThePriusGuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Love it? Not quite. A few too many "not quite there" points... Perhaps more Lovers for the '11. Hope Toyota listens to us current / early adopter owners. Not quite sure if they do. I think Money and Marketing talks.

2. G3priusV

G3priusV Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I feel same way about split window. It blocks big glary lights of cars behind me at night so I actually like it! :p

3. G3priusV

G3priusV Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I agree with you Dave! Because so far I think 2010 Prius is a great car with no major problem. It has a great style and technology inside and out. Yes, I'm saying inside! Because I actually like its interior which feels roomier, cleaner, nicer and most importantly really convinient! A lot more comfortable than 2008 Subaru I drove previously. I do wish sometimes it had a better power/ faster acceleration as Subaru has but its MPG is twice as much as better than Subaru. So, I think Prius is a great investment for commuters like me and it doesn't only save on gas but it also saves my time from going to gas station every week. So, anyway, if it stays with no major problem like now for years to come, I will be happy to keep my prii for as long as I can!

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmmm, I haven't noticed rattles or creaks in rentals, only a bit of window rattle when open a certain amount.

I thought the seat is really good. Luckily I don't need lumbar support. The steering wheel could telescope a little more, escpecially compared to a new Civic which scopes maybe twice as much as the Pri.

Car and Driver gives Civic 5 / 10 stars for enthusiast rating. I don't doubt it. Prius is not a car for Laguna Seca, that's for sure.

'10 power, well, it's not very powerful. But, I've seen high 50's MPG's in rentals. 'Nuff said there.

Sorry you're not so happy with it.

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They do listen. The 'Echo class' seat / steering wheel adjustments of the 04 -09 Pri have been nicely improved on the '10 and the fuel tank bladder is gone, two of the biggest complaints of the Gen2.

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    just a quick comment here since the "worthiness" of a car is really mostly personal opinion based on personal need.

i had questions about the materials that composed the interior and lack of "standard" assembly and connection processes employed as well.

now, i have not disassembled the 2006 nearly as much as i did my 2004 and really did not have the 2004 long enough to see any problems, but the 2006 has gone over 3 years of ownership and the dash was disassembled a few times but there is still not a rattle, buzz or any other noise that was not solved by rearranging the contents of one of the glove boxes.

7. sendconroymail

sendconroymail One Mean SOB

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

If I do a lot of highway driving I get about 46. If I do a combo of city/highway which is what I normally do I get about 48.

1 person likes this.
  8. nooaah

nooaah New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I got this car because I'd rather spend my money on technology than on oil. My last car, before my Gen II, was a 2004 Mazda 6 Sport. That care was insanely fun to drive. My Prius, both of them, get me from point A to point B. It can be fun to drive at times. For what it does, I love it.

I'm hoping by the time this car is ready to move on to another owner, Ford will have something interesting. I'd like to not pay for gas and spend money on mostly American.

9. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree. I like the split window also. It gives me a feeling of privacy and helps block lights.

10. Indyking

Indyking Happy Hyundai owner...

I don't know... Indy, Chicago, Madison (WI)... it
    Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Rattles and creaks is by far Prius biggest issue, at least for me, and I'm definitively not alone in this boat. It is aggravated if you live in cold climates. Despite of other good qualities, and indeed there are many, unfortunately, the rattling by itself made me conclude that this is my first and probably the last Prius... I don't care about FE... since I can get a loaded Honda Fit instead and will have to drive it over 150K miles until its additional cost with fuel breaks even with the extra cost of the Prius price tag and expensive OCI...

Have had many civics before... my fisrt one, a 2002 model felt more powerfull than my 2010 Prius in PWR mode...

I, too, am in the list of unsatisfied people... not any close to be a catastrophe by any means, as the car is giving me the FE I needed to make it financially worth compared to my replacement, a SUV… However, it gave me just awareness for future purchases as, to me; FE can be found at a much better value with other options…

11. ajc

ajc Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I like my Prius but there are a couple of things that need attention.

1. The Bluetooth SUCKS. I can't get my Blackberry Curve to transfer over the contact. My wife's KIA, I had no problems at all.
    2. Rattles
    3. Quality not so great since this is my first Toyota? Everyone talks about Toyota's great quality :eek: It's not so great.

The MPG is very good. :D