1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does installing a Cat Shield and enrolling in Toyota Safety Connect reduce your Insurance Rate?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Sal43, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Sal43

Sal43 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The crime rate where I live in extremely extremely low.
    Montgomeryville, PA Crime Rates & Map
    I will eventually be moving to the L.A. area(Glendale or Temple City).
    Those areas are safe by L.A. standards, but still have far far higher crime rates than here.
    Do you think installing a cat shield and enrolling in Toyota Safety Connect for my 2011 Prius 4 will reduce my insurance rate in Los Angeles? Does anyone have experience in dealing with your insurance company to lower your insurance rate with a cat shield and or Toyota Safety Connect?

2. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Usually you can ask the insurance company what the difference in price would be and see if the product qualifies for a discount. I think garaged or not garaged also affects the pricing.

BTW-. We live on the border with Temple City. (Not trying to sway you just saying).

moto g(7) power ?

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Always good to temporarily boost your home/renters & auto insurance when moving to a new place. Then once you get settled in and have a better sense of where you're living and what's at risk and what's not you can adjust insurance accordingly.

4. Fitcious

Fitcious Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I’m also from temple city!

To answer your question, I remember asking my insurance (AAA) and they said they don’t have a code in their system for safety connect or a cat shield so no discounts

iPhone ?

#4 Fitcious, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021