1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does leather seats, Pckge 4 really matter at $2,800 extra?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by winebuff, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, it's the front side windows only. I don't call the windshield "front windows" hehe.

2. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just transferred my sheepskins for the front seats from my old car. Good sheepskins are better than that thin OE leather these days.
    The Prius option 1 for a $1000 with the smart key is worth it. The higher cost options are overpriced. In the 08s, option 1 (pkg 2) included smart key, backup video and stability control--all for $1000. Well worth it.

3. accordingly

accordingly Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The biggest issue for me is how nice the standard cloth seats will feel. I was really disappointed in the seats on the 2009, far below any other car I tested or even my 15 year old accord. I assume there will be no 'manual' lumbar support lever in the base seats? Can anyone confirm the standard seat will be the same design only without the heat pad, electric lumbar bladder thing and the leather cover?

I actually prefer cloth- they don't get as hot or cold in the crazy Midwest temperatures. I would like lumbar support and nice side bolsters though. I am very hesitant to pay $2800 for lumbar support, the garage door thing I can live without and the rest seem pointless. Leather (like NAV) does command higher resale of course, but to me are not worth paying extra for.

4. GatorJZ

GatorJZ Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid

Try Aquapel by PPG (the automotive paint company)....it's like Rain-X on steroids.

My understanding is the Toyota water repellent glass is permanent.

5. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think if it were possible to get this on a pkg 2 I would get it as an option but Rain-X and a random orbit buffer will do wonders for making water repellant glass and no swirls because it's random orbit. The Buffer costs $29.99 and Rain-X is like 43-4 a bottle. I used about 1 bottle on my wifes Honda Fit. I'll do the same to the Prius and save the money.
    Rain-X works really well but needs to be reapplied once a year.
    Cost is much cheaper and you can do all the windows. :cool:

6. raidbuck

raidbuck New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Can you get the IV tinted with the water-repellant glass?