1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does mp3 playback offer a "skip ahead" or "quick fast forward" option?

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Dogwood2, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Dogwood2

Dogwood2 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Forgive me if this is a stupid question or the answer is sitting right there in the manual and I missed it.

I sometimes stick multi-hour mp3 files on a USB key. Playback is fine on my C3; however is there an easy way to skip (for example) an hour into the file? I know there's a "fast forward" function that you get by holding steadily down on the "skip to next track" button; however this seems to steadily skip ahead at approximately 2X speed (I didn't see it speeding ); thus it would take 15 minutes to skip ahead half an hour. Is there a better way? Thanks!

2. Dave_not_my_real_name

Dave_not_my_real_name Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, first reply didn't work.
    We have a new Prius Four and I noticed the same problem. Has anybody found a way to scan a file faster than 2x ???

3. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You're probably gonna have to chop the MP3 into multiple files at shorter lengths.

4. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    U have to hold longer it does fast track at a faster pace still it will take a while for you to get to where you left off.
    U can choose to split it up or load it in a ipod (supports resume).

5. los panda

los panda Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two