1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does Optima Battery really fit?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by scott180, Dec 17, 2011.

1. scott180

scott180 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So I poked around here a little bit because my battery is dying. I try and start the car and get the red triangle. Usually it's because I didn't turn off the lights when I powered down. I have to wait a bit, shut the car down, turn off the lights and start it up again.

A parts website that I've purchased from in the past has what I believe is the OEM 12V battery for $129.95. I found the Optima DS46B24R online for $199. I've seen a couple people say that it doesn't fit their car. I have a 2007 touring edition Prius. I've also seen a metion that some kind of wiring kit is needed as well.

So does the battery fit without modification or is it larger like some of the links I've seen?

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The DS46B24R is the same size as the OEM battery and requires no wiring kit. I just installed it in my own Prius a couple days ago.

4. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    There is an issue with the hold-down bracket on non-SKS cars, but if you really have a Touring, then you must have smartkey, so it is fine. Get the one directly from Optima to save some hassle.

1 person likes this.