1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does phone need to be connected via USB for Entune to work?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by jtse818818, Apr 18, 2012.

1. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I remember reading somewhere that not all packages support BT connectivity. My experience with the ATP on a Five is that the BT works well. No tethering data plan is needed (I don't have one). I can connect via BT to my iPhone 4S or to various iPads. The 3G/4G iPads pair to the car as a phone, whereas the wifi-only iPad pairs as a mobile music device (I don't recall exactly what the NAV unit call it, just that it doesn't see a wifi-only device as a phone).

The only issue I have had (so far) is operator error when switching between devices. The car won't automatically release a connection (i.e., iPhone) when you want to connect to a new device (i.e., iPad (or iPhone #2). There might be something I am not doing quite right but other than that the BT works on the premium NAV. I know this is perhaps an apples to oranges comparison if your base package doesn't support the same BT functionality. :rolleyes: