1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does Prius C store mph?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by raty4R, Nov 22, 2017.

1. raty4R

raty4R Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm wondering if I can pull the top speed my 2013 Prius C has ever gone form the computer?
    Reason: I got a ticket for going 96 mph in an 80 mph zone. I had my cruise control set at 78 mph. I don't have a dash cam and my navigation doesn't show speed.
    Thank you.

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I know they can pull the speed information in the instance of a crash... but I think that trips an alert. I don't know of any way to capture max
    speed of the vehicle, unfortunately.

You could maybe take in some information on the car itself, doing some math.
    Toyota Prius C Reviews, Specs & Prices - Top Speed
    Seeing as the "tested" top speed is 105, 96 mph would probably require some "get-up" room to get to.

If you can prove that there was not enough time for you to get up to 96 mph in the area that he "clocked" you, then maybe... but most likely, just show up in court, tell the judge that you weren't going and that you want to fight it. It will either get lowered, or the cop may not show.

Main thing, if you do this though, be stupid absolutely super respectful to all parties, including the officer if he does show.

3. priustexasbob

priustexasbob Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    even "IF" it did it most likely would not log with a date/time stamp so there would be little proof. you could ask for calibration logs of the speed gun used, calibration methods used etc.

or you could tell judge "I have a Prius C with a 99 HP motor I couldn't go 96 mph" lol

cyeremian likes this.
  4. raty4R

raty4R Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm screwed : ). My research didn't come up with anything that would show top speed. My google maps only shows average speed for the trip.

5. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Best bet then is to show up and just be respectful. Maybe the court in your area has the if he doesn't show rule. Not all of them do, but it still wouldn't hurt to talk to the judge and say that the officer must have been mistaken as you drive a Prius and the car would take many miles to get up to 99mph. Kind of like a Delorean getting to 77mph.

6. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I would check with your dealer and see if tech stream can pull the info of highest speed the car has ever been driven.

ztanos likes this.