1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does replacing battery reset 5000 mile oil light system?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by slickvik, Mar 12, 2013.

1. slickvik

slickvik Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just replaced my battery and am wondering if by doing that my the system that counts 5000 miles until next oil change reset. My clock, radio stations, the consumption (miles since last fill up) all reset, so I'm wondering if the count to 5000 reset also. The odometer did not reset though, and the gas tank amount was correct. Just wondering because I didn't write down when my last oil change was. Thanks.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Don't know for sure, but what the heck: I strongly doubt it. When you reconnect the 12 volt the car's computer just looks at the odometer reading, which better not have reset, LOL. And then compares to the odo reading at last Maintenance counter reset.

Interesting side question, how does the car store the odometer reading (and odo reading at last reset)? Mechanical? Flash memory?