1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does Safety Recall C0T duplicate Service Campaign 60C?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by mfa-prius, Jan 7, 2013.

1. mfa-prius

mfa-prius Old member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I had SSC 60C - Steering Intermediate Shaft Replacement - done in 2006. Now I've been notified that they want to do it again under C0T - Steering Intermediate Extension Shaft. It looks like there are different symptoms, but no detailed information was sent to consumers for either bulletin. I'm going to call a dealer tomorrow, but wonder if anyone knows the scoop.

2. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    C0T is the third time my 2004 steering column has been opened. Besides C0T and 60C, I had to replace my Intermediate Shaft three years ago at my expense. I have opened a case with Toyota Customer Relations to get my $890 refunded.

JeffD

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No. See http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM431107/RCMN-12V537-6789.pdf from Recalls Documents | Safercar.gov | NHTSA. I've posted links to the recall documents in multiple threads relating to the recall but it seems people keep missing it.

4. mfa-prius

mfa-prius Old member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks -- it looks like I don't need it, based on VIN. I wonder why they would send me the letter, when my VIN is in the letter and it's n/a. I wonder if, when 60C was done, they might have installed a bad shaft, now requiring C0T? I'll call the dealer today.

I searched on Something like "Safety Recall C0T" but didn't get any hits. Maybe I was too restrictive.

Update: Oops, my bad. I misread my VIN when I compared it to the range in the dealer letter; I'm going in Tuesday for the fix.

5. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ...just got our COT recall in the mail today...last week we got a notice for 90L Floor mat follow-up recall.

6. bogeybob513

bogeybob513 rtc513

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius