1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does Subaru Imprezza Steel Wheels Fit Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Siward, May 12, 2017.

1. Siward

Siward Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I managed to get set of 15" winter tires with steel wheels 195/65r15 that came from a Subaru Impreza. The previous owner crashed his car so he had to get rid of the tires.

Would the Subaru Impreza steel wheels fit my 2012 Prius? Since they both use the 5x100 bolt pattern. I guess I can always try putting them on to find out, but I would rather like to know and save the work.

2. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    The wheel specs should be in your owner's manual. Then examine the wheel to see if its specs are stamped somewhere.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It would be well worth it to try them on. Apart from clearance, there could be "gotchas":

1. Are the lug nut seats compatible with Toyota nuts, or would you need different nuts? There are tapered and rounded seat styles for example, Prius are tapered, Honda's I've seen are rounded (acorn) style.

2. Is the "offset" correct, or close? This being the distance between bolting interface and rim centroid or whatever. With same tire size, I guess outside face of tire is as good as anything, if you can measure reliably.

3. Is the hub opening exact fit, or bigger, needing spacer rings? Smaller hub opening would be deal breaker.

FWIW, Corolla steel rims are 100% compatible:

Corolla steel rim, part no: 42611-02471 (2003-2008 corolla or matrix, CE, LS, S)
    steel rim lug nuts, part no: 90942-01007 (plain, open-ended, galvanized)

I got a set for $70 apiece (new rims) through dealership, in fall 2010. Prices may be a bit higher now, not sure. The lug nuts above were $31 for all 20.

ukiltmybrutha likes this.
  4. RyanEJ25

RyanEJ25 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I had quite a few Subies wrx/sti and I know the wrx and Impreza are 5x100, sti is 5x114. Stock wheels should have an offset of +55, their max offset before fender roll/pull is +35 like I have been reading for the 3rd gen. I would say you should have no problem.

5. Siward

Siward Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well, I already have set of steel wheels for the Prius. I can always pay to transfer them over. I was just checking if I can use the Subaru steel wheels directly.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  6. trentofdestiny

trentofdestiny Master Finagler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You can use the Subaru wheels directly but you must use cone shaped lug nuts not the kind from Toyota with the washer on. Also you cannot use the Subaru lugnuts as they are M12x1.25 thread and the Toyota needs M12x1.5

iPhone ?

Mendel Leisk likes this.