1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does the 2015 Prius C Have A 'Miles Til Empty' Setting?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Alex@PC, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Alex@PC

Alex@PC New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----

I recently rented a couple of 2015 Prii...

The first, (not the C) had a 'distance til empty' reference in the digital display area...

[​IMG]

The second rental, the C, does not seem to have such a setting, or at least I cannot find it.

I've searched online, checked the official manual, these forums and called local dealerships, but haven't been able to get a definitive answer.

-> If anyone's familiar with the 2015 Prius C and has an idea of whether or not it has a distance til empty feature, (and if so how to enable it) please enlighten.

Thanks in advance

2. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It's shown on the lower left corner of the radio's display. You can switch between displaying the radio stations, instant mpg's or energy monitor. There is also a button on the steering wheel where you can switch up the displays on the dash. In that mess of available displays you'll come across one that shows you your current distance traveled, outside temperature, EV mileage etc. I'm pretty sure that one also has distance to empty. Been awhile since I've used that display though so not sure.

Be warned though - that distance to empty is what we all call a "guess-o-meter". It's somewhat accurate, but do not rely on it to tell you the truth.

3. Danny13pruisc3

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    It's called "cruising range" in one of the dash's screens, i think it's called trip info or soemthing

4. davidc83

davidc83 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2015 Prius C 2....It has a cruise range, which counts down...However, when it gets to 0 miles, the gas gauge is at 1 bar, and the little gas pump symbol also comes on....When the cruise range gets to 0, and I immediately fill up, the car takes 7.8-8.1 gallons which means there is at least 1 gallon of gas in tank tank (has a 9.1 gallon tank)...I have hit 0 bars on the gas gauge one time, and the fill up was 8.5 gallons.....Do not allow these cars to run out of gas....usually need to place 5 gallons of gas in the tank before the car will go ready and sometimes owners have had to have the car towed to the dealer to get the system reset....

5. Danny13pruisc3

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I ran out of gas about 2 weeks ago. I found a 32 oz empty water bottle and filled it up. It doesn't need 5 gallons to get going agian, but you have to disconnect the battery
    to reset the computer.. even then it only drove me 10 feet, then I used my bluetooth OBD2 to reset all trouble codes.. then i was able to get to the gas station 1/4 to 1/2 mile away.. i was headed there anyway.. I highly recommend keeping some kind of code scanner in your vehicle these days.. when you get down to that one bar GET GAS. it doens't go to no bars and then give you more miles like some vehicles do.

6. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    To be honest, you shouldn't let it get down to 1 bar either. The fuel pump itself kept cool by the fuel in the tank.