1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does the 2021 Prime really support Android Auto?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by andrewe2, Mar 29, 2021.

1. andrewe2

andrewe2 Junior Member

I've been having difficulty connecting my Pixel 3XL to my 2021 Prime. It says device not supported. When I looked in the Projection settings I see you can enable CarPlay but Android Auto is absent. My dealer is clueless. Anyone have any success connecting an Android phone to a 2021 Prime?

upload_2021-3-29_20-57-45.png

2. chickenhawk

chickenhawk Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Android Auto is only available in the LE model. You can see that on Toyota site. The other models XLE and Limited only has Apple CarPlay

3. andrewe2

andrewe2 Junior Member

I must have missed that, oh well. I wonder if they'll make it available for 11-inch displays. Otherwise my options are a phone mount, switch to iphone, or live with Toyota's built-in apps. Too bad Toyota has stubbornly stuck with their sub-standard internal apps all these years instead of opening up to the world of apps everyone prefers. Otherwise it's such a brilliantly engineered machine.

4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yap, if the infotainment system is important, don't pick Toyota. But for consolation, from what I have read, the AA implementation on the LE model is very poor. So you are probably not missing much.

5. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Ditto, AA simply mirrors your phone screen and your apps are limited to whatever is compatible to AA, it must be plugged into one of your usb ports to function. It's weird that the Bluetooth connection would automatically trigger AA on my phone, but I need to plug it in to get functionality. This is using a Samsung galaxy S9 phone.