1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does the brake software fix work?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Dark_matter_doesn't, Feb 5, 2010.

1. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Exactly, I want to hear some replies on this one. Does the regeneration seem to be just as strong? What does the efficiency meter say? I can't wait to hear from some of the veterans that really track their mpg's and watch things obsessively. :) If I get confirmation that it's ok then I will get it updated.

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I too have concerns about the effect on regeneration and the control of regeneration with the brake pedal. I have decided to wait a while and see what others discover. Once it's done there is no going back.

3. Susan4ET

Susan4ET Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    As far as I'm concerned the regeneration slowing the car down is stronger then it was on the 2007. I can feel a significant difference. Accelerating or decelerating using Cruise Control also has a noticable stronger effect--but I don't think this is regeneration--just something I noticed. Is the acceleration/deceleration rate with the CC adjustable? If you use the CC to speed up or slow down does it figure best fulel economy to your new speed?

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    No.
    It is a speed control only. I have not accurately measured the cruise control acceleration rate in the ZVW30 but this is what I found resume speed does in the NHW11:
    [​IMG]

There were some questions about pulse and glide in the ZVW30 at speeds above the hybrid mode, 46 mph, and I recorded some data. Unlike my GPS mouse that reports data in 1 second intervals, this data comes from a Garmin nuvi which uses a larger, variable reporting rate. This makes an accurate record of the acceleration rate difficult. My memory was the acceleration rate was constant on each "pulse:"
    [​IMG]

The only way I found to change the acceleration rate was to modulate the accelerator to hold a target HSI power setting:
    [​IMG]

Bob Wilson