1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does the NRA hate Prii??

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by MarkMN, May 18, 2007.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Are Priuses rare in MN/KS? Around here you literally can't look around on a busy road and NOT see at least one. Those guys would go mad out here just trying to decide which one to go after.

2. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree with Tom 06. He does not represent the NRA as such. I am proud to belong to the NRA. Every organization has it crack pots, even PC. Every now and then the moderators have to kick one off here.

In this day and age you did the right thing by not confronting any of them. As much as you and I would like to confront them you just do not know who you are up against. If they are tailgating for a long time or threating call 911 and let the police handle it.

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ May 19 2007, 12:03 PM) [snapback]445708[/snapback]</div>
    not rare at all in MN... There are 3 in my parking lot, at least another 5 in another parking lot here at work, and another one that lives on my block... I see them all the time :)

4. Swanny1172

Swanny1172 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't really think that the typical stereotype of who is buying the Prius actually fits. I read that the average Prius buyer is a middle-age, well-educated, professionals. Because the Prius is a $20,000 car, the age demographic does not represent entry-level buyers. That seems to fit, considering some of the posts that I have read on here concerning what kind of luxury vehicles people were trading in when they bought their Prius.

In terms of the response I have been getting, it has all been positive. People are interested in how the car drives and of course in how the mileage is. Sure, you are going to get some wackos out there, but the same goes for the eco-weenies that slap stickers on SUV's and flip them off in traffic. The whole thing goes both ways folks.

5. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  6. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It may be you!

I've put 107,000 miles in SoCal, the desert, and Vegas, on my 05 Prius and have never had a road rage incident due to the hybrid status of my car.

7. sb.rocks

sb.rocks New Member

Semper Fi! I joked to my friend about asking my son for a new marines sticker for my new Prii. We have one on our Camry and our Ranger. After reading this thread - and the one started by the troll driving on veg oil - I think I will. Just for fun maybe I'll add an NRA sticker too. I can then pull the Whole Foods cloth bags out from below the floor and display them prominently in the hatch. That ought to cause some eyebrows to raise.
    I don't classify myself as way left or right. I bought the car because the Ranger died, we needed a new vehicle and decided what the heck, we may as well reduce our fuel bill while we're at it. If gas does go up over $4 we'll be patting ourselves on the back. If not, shrug, I like the little car.
    I got the car on Saturday, today is Thursday and I already feel myself swinging back to my old speedy driving ways. My last couple of days in the Camry had me driving even more aggressively because I figured I'd be missing the big V6. I'm happy to find that the Prii is pretty zippy too, I'm just reminding myself to be careful because of the break-in period - as I was when the Camry was new.

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarkMN @ May 18 2007, 12:10 PM) [snapback]444907[/snapback]</div>
    Well its nice to see the dumb red-necks are migrating north & west of the mason-dixon line and out of the south... :D :lol:

I will agree with other posters, if the driver behind you is suffering from road rage or agressive driving, its best to move over or speed up to the normal flow of traffic until you can get out of their way....

Is driving slower to get better MPGs worth someone shooting at you or your family or running you off the road? :huh:

Remember the person behind you could be having the worst day of their lives, they might have lost their job, angry at their kids or significant other, or another driver cut them off and your the next slowest dirver to catch their wrath. ;)

Be safe, be curtious, get better MPGs in the right-lane.. B)