1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does the prius share any parts with the yaris/matrix/corolla?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Supreme, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Supreme

Supreme Hypebeast

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've read that the matrix trd rear sway bar is a direct bolt on. I'm wondering what other parts would possibly be a direct swap? Coilovers? Intakes? Etc.

Aren't the yaris engine & prius engine similiar?

2. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wish someone knew the answer to this. I have the TRD struts/springs in my '05 Prius and they have over 100K miles on them now and I want to replace them with another performance strut. Only KYB seems to make anything for these cars but KYB has a bad reputation and seem to be of poor quality with numerous complaints of failure within a short period of time. I would love some Koni's.

I do have the Matrix rear bar and it was a direct bolt-in replacement that was much more stout than the stock bar.

3. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The SCCA Solo II FSP Prius used Celica and Matrix front struts and rear suspension.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-main-forum/16285-prius-scca-solo-ii-fsp.html