1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does the Prius v lowercase v for the Prius v wagon have LKA?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by ClintJCL, Nov 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ClintJCL

ClintJCL Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Seriously.. I've been canvassing the national used car market for weeks.

Every Prius v lowercase v for the Prius v wagon Five that I see with the ATP (Advanced Technology Package) has a dummy button where the "LKA" lane keep assist button is.

Are people not buying this option?

Or is my wife right? Is it true? LKA is available for Prius, but not Prius v wagons? Please don't tell me she's right. (Then again, it would be a good thing: I could finally buy my car, if the one I am waiting for doesn't actually exist! Because every one I find with ATP has the dummy blank button below the DRCC button.)

#1 ClintJCL, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    Offline likes this.
  2. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    LKA = Lane Keeping Assist?

LDA = Lane Departure Assist part of an optional package on the 2017 v Model 5 per Toyota.com

3. ClintJCL

ClintJCL Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I should have expanded my acronym...

Yes... The online tutorials had you activating this by pressing the LKA button.

I turned down buying a car because this button didn't exist.

Now I'm thinking that was a false negative, these buttons are no longer labeled LKA (but left as a dummy button for some reason), and I should have bought that car, and have been holding out for something that doesn't exist.

But I'm really not sure. Thus signing up for an account here...

4. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Vehicles currently made by Toyota that have Lane Keep Assist still have a steering wheel button labeled LKA such as the one on the Lexus LS steering wheel shown in the gallery at 2017 Lexus - LS Luxury Sedan - Gallery | Lexus.com

I remember a post on a Lexus forum from a person who had an LS600h with DRCC and a forward facing camera but no LKA button. He bought either a steering wheel or steering wheel button assembly with an LKA button and found that installing it gave him LKA.

I've wondered if LKA could be added to other Toyota-made vehicles that have DRCC and a forward facing camera but a button blank instead of an LKA button.