1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does this look like a healthy battery?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Ewhitaker0020, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Ewhitaker0020

Ewhitaker0020 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just purchased this 2006 Prius last week for $3500. I'm very new to the batteries on these, although I've been reading a lot so I am learning. I was wondering if anybody could take a look at these results from Dr Prius along with a couple of pictures I took of my display.

I'm currently getting about 48.5 mpg so I'm very happy about that. The battery meter usually stays in the highest blue bar or in the lowest green bar. The more I drive this vehicle on my 150 mile round trip for work the better it seems to be doing.

I did the battery longevity test on doctor Prius and it says I have about 62% battery life left. It says this is between fair and good so I think it's a good thing. Where would I actually expect the battery to start failing at?

One last thing, I noticed all my voltages seem pretty decent although block 4 is always the lowest at 16.59 volts. All the resistance values are within 23-25 milli-ohms with almost all of them being 24 milli-ohms which I guess is a good thing?

This car needs to last me as long as possible while I finish the last 2-1/2 years of my apprentiship so I'm hoping I bought one with a decent battery. I'm prepared to replace it with one from 2K1Toaster if I have to but would rather not as you could imagine.

The car has 142,000 miles on it if that matters. Thanks for any insight or helpful info anybody can give me!!

Attached Files: