1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does Toyota Offer Roadside Assistance?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Paul58, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've been through all the manuals, and I don't see a word about Toyota Roadside Assistance. Do they not offer this as part of the vew car warranty? Is Toyota the only company that doesn't offer Roadside Assistance? I know I had it on my GMC, and both our Hondas have it for the life of the warranty... I can't believe Toyota wouldn't have it!

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Roadside Assistance is included for 1 year/12000 miles. It is probably included with Safety Connect. Doesn't make much sense if you can call for help but none is sent.

3. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It's included with the 2 year prepaid maintenance program for the same duration. It includes
    towing for mechanical breakdown and collision recovery
    jumpstarts
    lockouts
    fluid delivery but does not include parts and fluids; up to $100 per occurrence
    flat tire change
    If you need roadside assistance call 1-800-444-4195

2 people like this.
  4. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks! I have not received any documentation on the 2 year maintenance program. Is this something that I should receive directly from Toyota or from my Dealership?

5. Danorob

Danorob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I purchased my Prius on 07/21/2010 and I just received the Prepaid Maintenance package from Toyota Yesterday… It came from Toyota Financial Services, and not the dealer…

It does include roadside assistance for the term of the maintenance plan… You also get 5 service vouchers for each of the 5,000 mile maintenance visits, along with other various discount coupons for other services at the dealership you purchased the car at…

Hope this helps,
    Dan

1 person likes this.
  6. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks Dan! I guess I'll wait till the Maintenence Plan arrives. Still seems odd Toyota does not include the Roadside Assistance as part of the 3 year 36K mile basic warranty like Honda and the majority of the other automotive manufacturers... Then again, most of Toyota's publicized problems don't deal with vehicles that won't go...

7. Colonel Ronson

Colonel Ronson New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The maintenance plan/coupons comes from Toyota Financial and i bought my car about 6 weeks ago and it came yesterday. It takes awhile. But yeah you get roadside assistance for the duration of the service contract.

1 person likes this.
  8. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This is great news for those who bought their car before the PR nightmare, go figures...

9. zonie911

zonie911 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, and it's always good to have a backup, such as AAA, just in case.

10. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We have AAA as well, I just found it odd Toyota does not offer free roadside assistance for the length of the warranty like Honda and so many other Brands...

11. Going Greener

Going Greener Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I was pleasantly surprised Emergency Roadside Assistance was included w/the 2 year Maintenance Premium Plan which includes the above.

Also, what's nice with the Toyota Plan for our family is "This service is available to you or your family while driving your Toyota Prius."

I already had AAA roadside assistance in place for an older Toyota vehicle. Since I am the primary driver of that, I only purchase membership for me. That means I would have to be present for any AAA emergency service call for either our cars, or someone else's(this is the advantage of AAA...I could be in a friend's car needing assistance...and AAA will cover that call if I'm there).

If another family member wants to drive somewhere I don't need to go, esp. far away, the Prius would be our choice since they'll have coverage in that vs. our other car.

LOL, not that I'm worried about the Prius needing a jump start, running out of gas, or anyone getting locked out of it. More likely for a flat tire with the ever-present construction/repair debris around.