1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does [you] want the [you] tag consigned to the trash heap of annoying stuff?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rufaro, Jul 1, 2006.

?
  1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No. I am a complete doofus.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Click reply to this message, [you]. That may help you in understanding why [you], is the talk of this message board.

And yes, I agree, can the [ you ] tag.

2. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tochatihu @ Jul 1 2006, 06:59 AM) [snapback]279643[/snapback]</div>
    It is somewhere near the planet of the lost biros and odd socks... :rolleyes:

3. FishHawk

FishHawk New Member

Flash, Rufaro has trading in the Prius for a Hummer H1. FishHawk :p

4. JohnKDietz

JohnKDietz New Member

"Jealousy is indeed an ugly emotion"

Scooter 7/02/06

5. JohnKDietz

JohnKDietz New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 1 2006, 02:55 AM) [snapback]279590[/snapback]</div>

Are you a naturally white poodle?
    Scooter

6. mr.whit

mr.whit Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I am just a consumer looking to find information about one of the best cars made at this time. thanks for the Air Play.. :p

7. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Keep the [ you ] tag, just because some pansies get annoyed that it grabs your attention (like a wedgie). Then you get curious its human/primate nature to be curious ..... Ahh but you hate the [ you ] tag! You can get mad and stomp your feet, hold your breath, run the other way or even pick your nose in protest.. but you'll always come back to see whats behind the you tag.. na na na :p

8. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scooter @ Jul 2 2006, 06:36 AM) [snapback]280063[/snapback]</div>
    Is that a racist question? :eek:

9. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 1 2006, 02:55 AM) [snapback]279590[/snapback]</div>
    Yes - put it in the trash, dustbin, litter bin, waste-paper basket, loo, john, privy, latrine, garbage can, skip or take it to the junkyard, dump, tip, civic amenity site, or scrapyard. Or shred it.

It's childish and it uses up valuable resources as well as time - like this response.

It might also confuse or upset newcomers to this otherwise useful site, and we don't want to put off any users.

10. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Any moderators out there paying attention here? I got a fairly hostile PM from someone who had clearly not noticed I am fairly obviously against the continued use of the tag, hassling me for wasting space for using the tag.

It can be slightly amusing, but it does seem to upset lots of newbies, and irritate lots of oldies.

[you], is it possible to leave the threads that exist, but prevent future use of the {you} tag, assuming you are someone with admin privileges on this board?

11. CraigCSJ

CraigCSJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ Jul 2 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]280004[/snapback]</div>
    As the person who uses CraigCSJ, I state that I am a very contented Prius owner with about 40,000 miles on my Prius. I have a good understanding of how the Prius works, and believe it is the best car I have ever had. I have explained Prius to people at two Earth Day celebrations, and have probably been instrumental in many others purchasing Prius.

From time to time I enjoy looking at material others have posted on PriusChat, but only if it relates to Prius, global warming or environmental pollution. CraigCSJ

12. mkworks168

mkworks168 New Member

hi presto, im confused here...i just registered yesterday and i was already a topic???

13. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(synergydriver @ Jul 3 2006, 09:29 AM) [snapback]280487[/snapback]</div>
    You are seeing an html tag which gets replaced with the login of the user. You see your name, I see my name, everyone sees their own.

14. mkworks168

mkworks168 New Member

thanks for the info...but do i need to change my login name?? so as not to annoy other members?

15. Drift Motion

Drift Motion RMS13

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i dont really care, but its fun sometimes to use it
    haha

16. GCRCPBXBOXFAN

GCRCPBXBOXFAN New Member

you think mine should be trashed. lets see rufaro what are you retarded or something. if that your realname you must have been picked on. you guys are just a whole bunch of snobs thinking your so cool about owning a prius. then i come on and trie to learn more about them. childish and very immature. and how old are you. come on. stop posting about insignifiacnt stuff like my user name and talk about the car you stupid . you can figure the rest. Thats for everyone who thinks there funny. Karma will get you. oh, and GET A LIFE or lose one because old people don't have a place in life.

17. Katrina

Katrina New Member

see, and here my gut reaction was 'gads. another badly phrased topic about the damn hurricane.'

18. pete bogumill

pete bogumill New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ Jul 2 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]280004[/snapback]</div>
    this tag b.s. should not be allowed because its chasing new people away and they are getting so they don't even want to post questions anymore.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 3 2006, 05:28 AM) [snapback]280453[/snapback]</div>
    hi yes you can leave it. but many people including myself are getting the wrong.idea. but once again if it means that much to anybody then leave it.

19. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Dump the [you ] tag! Now! Just do it! It was funny the first time, but it's a childish joke that has no place on a serious discussion board devoted to a great car!!!

20. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GCRCPBXBOXFFAN @ Jul 3 2006, 11:52 AM) [snapback]280592[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to PriusChat, GCRCPBXBOXFFAN!

Did someone abuse you on another thread?

Take a deep breath...we have a lot of good folks here, including a few pranksters, which will always annoy some but can be refreshing and fun at times.

Rufaro is not retarded. She wasn't even tarded originally. She's...she's...well, never mind.
    Lots of us have quizzical user names---we even have a thread on THAT. :p Yours is...is...nah, pretty normal name. :rolleyes: