1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does Your Prime have this Sticker about Reduced Load Capacity?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by stevepea, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Prime Example

Prime Example Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    This sounds like the perfect storm for a class action suit. I specifically purchased my prime to carry exactly 6 more pounds than it can now safely carry based on the sticker unless I remove my floor mats or poop before I get into the car. Now every time I get into my Prime, I need to do a weight and balance calculation - you pilots would understand. Hmmmmmm; maybe I shouldn't joke. I'm sure there's an attorney out there who will take this on and make millions and each of us would receive 27 cents and a coupon for $1.00 off an oil change.o_O

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  2. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You're in Cali. TJ's has a 1/2 gallon french vanilla.

3. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hey there you go again picking on those poor attorneys. I bet if they poop they would lose about 12 pounds, which might imply that they're full of.....
    Oh there I go picking on those poor attorneys, after I have been a salesman for some 25 years, and people say salesmen are full of... Har, har, and no my eyes are NOT brown, so I must be a quart low (not a gallon!!), uh, what was the topic again!!

4. CaliforniaPrius

CaliforniaPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Not in my prime advanced. Nothing on the door frame. BTW, I just installed the customary light. Not bad.

Attached Files:

walterm and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    You installed it upside down. It is supposed to project into the sky!
    [​IMG]
    That is why Prius owners don't wave at each other.

Bob Wilson

ps. In memory of Adam West who has ascended to another place.

alexcue and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  6. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Honda Hybrid Class Action story:
    While I actually do believe there is a place for class action lawsuits, there's no question many of them are just get-rich-quick schemes for lawyers. Example: the 2006/2007 Honda Civic Hybrids. (Just the 2006-2007 years). The hybrid batteries Honda used were lemons, and constantly had to be replaced regularly every 2-2.5 years. Honda soon saw this after a couple years, but because California law (and other states that adopt the CA standards) had a 10 year battery warranty, Honda would be on the hook for $$ to keep replacing them all the time. So what did they do?

Sent notice to all 2006/2007 Civic Hybrid owners to bring their cars in for a downgrade, er... "performance repair" -- which pretty much shut off most of the hybrid system of the car. When the car was purchased, it was an active hybrid, and the hybrid meter would often go up to 8-10 bars. Afterwards, 3 was the max (unless accelerating from zero for just a split second). Because.. if you never turn on your flashlight, you won't have to replace the battery, right? If you didn't bring it in, the downgrade was still forced on you, because they would not replace the battery under warranty (when it failed every 2 years) unless you consented to the downgrade. Because of this (it not being anything like the car people originally bought), there were multiple lawsuits (you can google it), including one lady who sued Honda herself and won $10,000 in small claims court, before Honda appealed and won the money back (again, google it for the full story). But there was also a class action suit on it. At first the judge wouldn't allow the initial settlement because -- get this -- those affected (ie, us Honda hybrid owners) weren't even given 1c! Just a coupon, while the lawyers got millions. So the judge rejected it. So, the lawyers simply altered it slightly, giving us Honda owners $100. Whoo-hee. Lawyers got millions (I forget exactly how much, but you can look it up). We got a $100 and a coupon for $500 off a new Honda (like I was going to buy another Honda hybrid after this). So you're not too far off about us getting a coupon or $1 in your joke...

As far as the ice-cream... I sit corrected. But other than a few exceptions like TJs or Costco, almost all of the "half-gallon" ice-creams today really are only 1.75 or 1.5. Of course I think I need to investigate this further. Can you pass the mint-chip, please?

#46 stevepea, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Prime Example and HPrimeAdvanced like this.