1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Doesn't like the heat - Red Triangle with A/C On

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Ken D., Jun 27, 2022.

1. Ken D.

Ken D. New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My 2007 Prius doesnt like the AC on! When the car is driven with the AC on the red triangle comes on and then, if we continue after a few minutes we go into limp mode. Any ideas??? Also could I get a recommendation for a reasonable and reliable shop in Tucson Az.?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You may have a failed inverter pump, causing your car to get hot. You should get the codes read on the car, to pinpoint your problem.

SFO likes this.
  3. Ken D.

Ken D. New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thx

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I had a problem after an engine swap air conditioning system stayed in the car untouched when I tried to reconnect it I kept getting codes of the communication error between the car and the compressor I literally left it unplugged for about 3 weeks as I was doing other things to the vehicle while driving it and at about 3 weeks unplugged was starting to get hot I decided to attempt it one more time I turned the car completely off had the remote 20 ft away I plugged up the orange plug to the compressor the signal cable on the top of the compressor had never been removed I plugged up the orange cable like I said got in the car started it up started driving down the road first and then I put on the air conditioner and it came on ran ice cold like it always had been with the old engine and working fine it did not put on the triangle and I did not get the communication errors anymore I do not know why.