1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

dog hair and battery failure

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by [email protected], Jun 28, 2014.

1. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ..think we got a right hand turn at the fan, so I do not know if it's easy. Lot's on Amazon, the one below is justa sample

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The black piece lying across the middle of the seat back is what you'd have to fish through. It's not that long, but a cable might jam at the corner, or would it even fit through the grill? Also, the state of disassemble you see there took me maybe an hour. The main issue is fighting with the many fasteners between hatch floor and top of battery, really tenacious. Maybe on purpose. Once you get them off the first time, you can leave the bulk them off and still have enough to keep it secure, make the next exploration easier.

Just opening it up is a lot easier than buying and running a scope in, and if you do find stuff with the scope, you'd have to open it up anyways.

5d_057-108.jpg

And here's a filter material I used, tucked in behind the inlet grill. It's vacuum motor filter material.

5d_057-109.jpg

3. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I love dogs, just not in my car! :p