1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dogs in the Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Micky Lee, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've seen that in the catalogue.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mswhealer\";p=\"67327)</div>
    I never had much use for it as I let the dogs all over my Saturn. But with these beige velour seats I'm having second thoughts. I've got a black Lab/terrier mix and while he doesn't shed that much he does like to ride in the car. I have a halter/seat restraint for him and was planning on riding him in the front seat, but now that I've seen the "hammock" might get one for him to have the run of the back seat. He can sleep or look out the windows. Very cool.

[​IMG]

2. popoff

popoff New Member

There's a similar "hammock" also available from www.orvis.com . It's a great way to keep the rear seat clean. Now if we could figure out a way to keep the wet nose stuff off the windows.......

You are looking at "Sparky." He was a stray we picked up at the Humane Society almost 3 years ago. His ribbon was awarded at the Humane society dog show at the mall for being the shaggiest dog in attendance.

3. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have 2 cats, one is very old and the other is fairly young. The old cat is now 17 years old and is arthritic and partly deaf, but continues to hang on and her quality of life is pretty good. She loves riding in the car, ans spends most of her time wandering about the car and eventually sitting down in the front seat or rolling up on the floor when it gets boring.

I always drop the back seats and cover them in a blanket and I cover the front passenger seat and armrest in a blanket also. That really keeps the cat hair down and under control. The height of the lower rear window is perfect for her to sit back there and look out the back window at the world going by.

The younger cat is also a stray. I picked him up in college from a friend of a friend who found him but couldn't keep him. He was a Spokane street cat and another more mature kitten. I have no idea what his early life was like, but I know it had something to do with dumpster diving because he has an affinity for bread and potatoes, staples of the fast food industry.

Anyway, he doesn't really like riding. He gets restless, and then starts to find places to hide, like under the seats. Not good at all. I guess he gets to ride in the crate from here on out.

I should post a picture of the younger one.

4. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I would love to post a picture or two of my two POOCHIES, Sheila and Kobie, but I can't figure out how to make the files small enough to post. Any advice or directions on how to make the files smaller will be greatly appreciated!

5. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

You can use Paint to reduce picture files.

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman\";p=\"67389)</div>
    Mine can outshed your newfie!! :mrgreen: I have TWO Great Pyrnees, and they REALLY pump out the hair. Spring molt is just around the corner. :crazyeyes:[/b][/quote]
    Sasha gets her spring shave this weekend. She will be a short haired Newf for the summer! Cuts back on a lot of sheding and it is cooler for her. Black is not a good summer color.

7. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This is Rox.......she loves chasing balls at the beach.........

I pesonally like the tan interior............it hides the sand pretty well.... :oops:
    She sits right in my lap......paws on the window sill and loves the Prius!

[​IMG]

8. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Junior Member

[font=Comic Sans MS:7fdcc64301]Bshef,
    Is Rox a mix? What breed? How old is she in this picture? She looks a little like my lab/terrier/pointer mix, but much smaller.

Godiva,
    your lab/terrier mix looks a little like mine when he was a puppy. How old is yours in this pic?

Here\'s a picture of Sonny getting ready to take a ride in the Prius. Sonny is three and extremely active. His Hammock is there in the back seat. When the car starts he likes to lie down.

Mary Lou[/font:7fdcc64301]

9. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Rox is a Jack Russell Terrier (Low Rider version). Pic was from New Years.....approx 3.5 months old.

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Anubis-Dog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mary Lou\";p=\"79837)</div>
    He was maybe three months in that pic. He's over a year now and between 45-50 pounds. Very active. He digs and chases birds (I'm sure the terrier side) and he loves to splash in the water and is a fetching fool, which is the lab side. I hope he mellows a little with age. He does keep me hoppin'.

There may be some German Shepherd in him as I can't explain the ears othewise. Sometimes up....sometimes down....sometimes semaphore.

[​IMG]

11. senna4ever

senna4ever New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Not the Prius, but here's Blue, a yellow lab in our ES300:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have a Chihuahua named Kid Rock. He loves the Prius, and I even got him a Lookout Seat so he can get his head a little bit out the window. He wears his regular walking harness, and I found this awesome strap that clicks in to the LATCH system. You can read about it on my Prius blog (link below), it's really good to secure your dog.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]