1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"DOH" Recall - Brake Booster Pump Assembly (Accumulator)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Den49, Aug 6, 2013.

1. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    No. There was a class action settlement on the Inverter even though that is the one thing Toyota is still covering on a 2010.

This reads like a bizarre joke. Don’t go to Vegas. Your best recourse would be to lawyer up on the guy who sold it to you. Sometimes a good lawyer can threaten enough such that some will give your money back.

You rent the guy at a shop who has Techstream. Probably $125 an hour which if you installed the part correctly might be the bill for bleeding and calibration.

2. Seymour1

Seymour1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you rjparker. I can only blame myself for not having a mechanic check the car before I bought it. A lawyer might cost more than I might recover. And, the guy moved soon after I bought the car.
    As for the inverter class action lawsuit, the inverter in my car seems to be good.
    I have always known to not buy a newly designed car. Too many bugs. The 2010 was the 1st year for the 3rd generation. I figured that Toyota had 3 tries to get it right. The consensus is that the 3rd generation had the most flaws and the 2010 had the most flaws of the worst generation.

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It took until 2015 to fix one thing, eg the rings. The next generation largely fixed the rest. Hybrid battery is expected on most NiMH batteries around 10 years 175k or more.

#103 rjparker, Apr 1, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2024