1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Done Deal! Prius 06 placed in Order Today!

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by habel, Nov 14, 2005.

1. habel

habel New Member

Hi!

Just wanted to tell you that I have ordered my 06 Prius today! :)

It's the so called European Tech Edition - that comes with:

- smartkey entry
    - foglamps
    - cd player (also MP3/WMA)
    - external MP3 player interface
    - full map DVD navigation system
    - Intelligent Parking Assist
    etc.

[attachmentid=834]

Ordered mine in Black, taking delivery in February 06!

Henrik

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    How many Priuses do you see around Oslo? Gen 1 or 2?

I remember one Norwegian who posted on one of the Yahoo boards in about '02, who said he had the only Prius he knew of in Norway.

Curious to know what other car(s) you considered, if they're so rare there. Are diesels as prevalent there as in most of Europe?

Oh, and congrats!

3. habel

habel New Member

and thanks - Jack!

Gen 1 is rare over here, but there are a few.

Gen 2 can bee seen now and then, but still not plentifull.

The govt. is discussing to lower the tax on hybrids and even to open our taxi/buss lanes to hybrids as well. Let's hope for the best - as this will definately heighten the demand!

Diesels have become more popular the lase 3 or 4 years, mainly due to lower consumption and lower price on diesel than on gasoline....

But still we have significantly more gasoline powered vehicles.

Henrik

4. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

how much was the tech edition above one level below? (should be "sol", with JBL & smart entry, but not IPA or DVD NAV)

5. habel

habel New Member

Hi.

In Norway there are 3 available versions:

Std. Edition
    Business Edition
    Tech Edition

The Tech is just marginally more expensive than the Business version, and has IPA, Navigation and std. stereo, Business has Navigation, JBL and Bluetooth.

I opted for IPA, as this is the only model you can get with a rear camera, and the IPA is a great gizmo too. JBL is overrated I think, and the bluetooth system I can live without.

Henrik

6. habel

habel New Member

UPDATE

I was called by my salesman today - black color will not go into production before Jan 06 - March delivery.....

Well - so I opted for 8S2 (called Oceanic Bue in Europe) instead - delivery in January!

The sooner the better.... ;)

Henrik

7. Stevep

Stevep Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    congrats. Now comes the hard part--Waiting---

8. cap_ut

cap_ut New Member

Me too!

I had originally put down a deposit on Oct 3, essentially holding a place in line for the dealers first allocation of '06 Prii. Yesterday I stopped in to officially select USA Package #6 in the Classic Silver for delivery in January (so I can get the tax break).

I wanted Package #5 which is not available in my region and asked the dealer about making a switch with another dealer to get the #5. He blustered about shipping charges etc costing more than the difference between the packages and suggested that it wasn't really worth it. I pointed out that the cost of a one-way plane ticket to a different region was less than the difference between packages and I was willing to drive across several states in my quest, and he agreed to drop the price on Package #6 to be closer to the Package #5 that I wanted.

The countdown has begun!

9. habel

habel New Member

Yeah Steve... But at least I managed to cut the wait from March to January ;)

That helps!

And also XMAS and New Year are in between - helping me to have my thoughts elsewhere for at least part of the wait!