1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dont buy from the Prius shop on here (Now the PriusChat Shop Lovefest thread)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dogtrainer, Nov 12, 2005.

1. msirach

msirach Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(alg @ Oct 16 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]526602[/snapback]</div>
    I ordered a sharkfin and flaps last night. The final page said that I would receive the order in two days. I tried to log in this evening and it said my email address was not recognized. I received confirmation from PayPal only.

Where are the items shipped from?

2. derkraut

derkraut Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(alg @ Oct 16 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]526602[/snapback]</div>
    My sharkfin took a couple weeks---but well worth it. Reception is just fine, and it looks GRRRReat. No worry in the car wash either. :)

3. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've ordered several items through the shop and have had no problem with the orders. The *only* time I got antsy was waiting on the scanguage and Danny was just waiting for them to update with the new x-gauge feature so that was my bad.

4. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have ordered two items from PC Shop, with no problems. BT Plate and Shark Fin antenna. Took about 3 weeks for Shark Fin, which was shorter than they advertised, and that included sending in money order.

5. bustedryde

bustedryde Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The PC shop responded to me and asked for my address since they see a payment/order posted, but didn't have a shipping address. After responding back to them, they informed me the Shark Fin would probably take about 4 weeks to get to me...at least I know it's been handled!!!

6. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Nov 12 2005, 09:11 PM) [snapback]154868[/snapback]</div>
    UPS charges a lot for brokering the shipment. I think it is at least a $30 fee even for a cheap $10 item. If I buy something from the States I hope to hell it ain't coming UPS.

7. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    When I ordered my BT Plate, the website said "1 week delivery". I waited
    a good 3 weeks for it to arrived. I wrote PC Shop, and got email back after 3 days.
    The email said that PC Shop would inform "supplier" to check the order.
    A few days later, I got a track number from Brian. When it finally arrived, it
    was about 3 weeks.

So, my point is that there are communication issues between PC Shop and "suppliers".
    Leave a couple more weeks for delivery. True, the email response from PC Shop was slow.
    Yes, I used PayPal but don't write me off because of that. My process with PayPal was
    perfect. No issue with $$$$ thru the 3 weeks process.

Just a summary of my experience with PC Shop. It really should remove the "1 week delivery"
    message from the Web. :angry:

8. skguh

skguh Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I ordered decals, mudflaps, and bumper protector on Monday, 15 Oct. I received everything by noon on Friday, 19 Oct.

9. msirach

msirach Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skguh @ Oct 19 2007, 02:07 PM) [snapback]527853[/snapback]</div>
    I received an email promptly from Nicole at: [email protected] We emailed back and forth several times this week during the day and response time was 15 minutes to 2 hrs.

The Shark's fin is ordered from the manufacturer when we order it. delivery time is about 4 weeks. The OEM mudflaps are ordered from the supplier as well. They were shipped this week.

They do need to take down the "one week delivery".

10. CaptainMatt

CaptainMatt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Let's see, I've ordered the heatshield, shark fin, body side molding, all weather mats (a set for my Prius and my wife's Rav4), trunk mat and mud flaps from the the Shop and have had excellent customer service. I sent a check on the first order and wanted to expedite the following orders, so rather than risking the crap with PP, I used Google Check Out - it worked great! If you want to use Google Check Out, just e-mail Danny and he'll set it up for you.

The shark fin took about 3 weeks or so - they must make them as they receive orders. I'm not real thrilled with the way the heatshield sags in the middle but have sent Danny an e-mail regarding that issue. All in all, it has been a very positive experience. I'll definitely order more stuff as it becomes available.

11. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sliderule @ Oct 14 2007, 08:29 PM) [snapback]525631[/snapback]</div>
    Mailed my check on the 11th and the Front Window Sunscreen arrived today via UPS. A total of 12 days from order date to receipt.

Slide

12. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    First off, I wanted to thank everyone for their positive reviews of the Shop and our service. Nichole has been a huge help to me to get things organized and flowing correctly. Watch for a re-launch of a whole new shop soon where we'll be able to take all types of credit cards, live chat functionality to answer questions and resolve issues, and a 1-800 number for customer service.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(msirach @ Oct 20 2007, 10:32 AM) [snapback]528146[/snapback]</div>
    Done :) Sorry for overlooking this in the past. Delivery times vary based on suppliers, but Nichole includes standard delivery times when she updates your order from "Processing" to "Updated" status.

We keep the DICE and ScanGauge units in-house, so those ship same-day if ordered before 2pm.

13. prius2go

prius2go Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skguh @ Oct 19 2007, 08:07 PM) [snapback]527853[/snapback]</div>
    I wanted those but couldnt find a ship to uk button :(
    ebay has similar parts and similar issues

there are so few prius retailers in uk - I could start a shop
    unless there is a reason no one else has done it

14. skguh

skguh Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I can order them and mail them (maybe). Probably just not a big call for shipping right now. Ask them if they'll mail a package to you.

15. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    when you bringing back Priuschat coffee cups? left mine on other side of mountain.... need another

16. bustedryde

bustedryde Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Received my Sharkfin in the mail today!!! Paint looks great, just gonna add some polish and wax then install this weekend. Ordered on Sunday night the 14th (even with the issues on the Paypal page), sent an email, Nichole responded, and here I have it two weeks later! Awesome! Going to get the BT plate when the new site is unveiled....

17. msirach

msirach Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I received mine today also. I ordered it the 15th. Shiny black matches perfect.

18. madler

madler Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Note on the Heatshield (I got mine 2.5 years ago, so this might have changed): the little strap with the velcro in the end is glued in place. In high heat, the glue gets soft and will let go. I recommend sewing the strap on at the attachment point.

19. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Oct 27 2007, 10:03 AM) [snapback]531213[/snapback]</div>
    Oh... Danny, make note of all of us that sang your praises... who have spent $$$ at the shop... and reward us with coffee cups :D

I'm a collector of cups, man. DH is howling now "no! we have no more room!!"

20. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just got my rear bumper protector that I ordered a little over a week ago. Got emails all along keeping me advised. Thought the service was very good!!!!!!