1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door arm rest and center console questions 2014

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by HoustonEvolution, Mar 18, 2018.

1. HoustonEvolution

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Thanks everyone for the advice on the license plate question. I read up on the missing extra fob & it looks like the best ( i.e. easiest) method for replacing a keyfob might be to hit up the dealership. I'm gonna call tomorrow and ask.

Now my remaining questions (I think) are about the driver's side door armrest and the center console lid replacement. (2014 Prius Two, cloth, grey interior). I did a bit of searching and found discussions about replacing whole doors but not the interior piece only.

The driver's side door armrest looks broken once you put pressure on it. To just look at it in the normal state looks fine but once you press on it, it easily gives way. Has anyone else encountered this and if so, any ideas on how to fix it (or replace it)?
    2018-03-18 14.55.11.jpg 2018-03-18 14.55.08.jpg 2018-03-18 14.55.02.jpg

The center console lid is pretty badly worn & if the rest of the car was in similar condition then I likely wouldn't even bother with it. I believe I can order a replacement lid. That's easy enough but I forsee that exact thing repeating in a year or two. What about ordering a leather one? (I have the cloth interior). Does anyone know if the leather one could be a direct replacement? From the parts diagrams, it looks like you can just remove the lid and put a new one on.
    2018-03-18 14.55.18.jpg

2. HoustonEvolution

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Hi everyone. Just a polite bump to see if anyone knows the answers or has any tips on where to look.

thanks!

3. m3pare

m3pare Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    For the panel, you can remove it off the door and reattach the center portion to the frame with glue or screws. The armrest is replaceable, and either the black Persona or grey trim level Five armrests will work from a 2012-2015.

4. gak27

gak27 Prius, Take Two

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've seen a couple of videos on YouTube discussing how to repair the armrest "collapse" issue - not all glues work; I know one video has links to the two-part epoxy he used to fix his...

m3pare likes this.
  5. HoustonEvolution

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    thanks to all the responses and it might sound strange but its good to hear that this has been seen before. I hope to investigate this soon. (dang work schedule isn't allowing the time lately!)