1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door check fix/replacement (with poll)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by wsalopek, Aug 27, 2013.

1. jorober5

jorober5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    New (to me) '07 Touring owner. Thanks for the help with this thread. I came here to say that I got one for $12 off Amazon, just installed it, and it works great. The hardest part for me was that I never did figure out how to unclip the wiring harness going to the power windows. Eventually I realized I could do it with the door panel hanging there. It would have been easier with it completely off but still done in about half and hour. If anyone has a touring the pillar door speaker just "pops" off (that wasn't in any of the instructions I read, so thought it might be useful).

Edit. I tried to link to Amazon but the forum won't let me because I'm new. Here is the product description: Door Check Strap Stopper Jam Hinge Driver Front LH Left or RH Right Fits 2003-2009 Toyota Corolla Matrix Prius Pontiac Vibe Replace 68610-02061 68620-02061 68630-02060

#41 jorober5, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    George W likes this.
  2. fredmortensen

fredmortensen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    were you able to find ones that work for the rear doors too?

3. jorober5

jorober5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry for the late reply as I just saw this mention. I only had an issue with the driver's side front door of my 2007. This worked great for that. I'm not sure if the part is different for the rear or not. One of the reviews said they purchased 4 of them for their Prius so my "guess" it that it would work. For $12 and Amazon's amazing return policy I'd, personally, be willing to give it a try!