1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door Handle Scratch Guards

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by mdfraser, Mar 29, 2012.

1. mdfraser

mdfraser Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I haven't seen this as of yet. But, I did this to my 08 Prius, when I first got it a few years ago, and it's held up very well. I noticed on my wifes old Civic "gold/silver color" that there was a good amount of scratching going on behind the door handles. The Civic was purchased new and was only 1.5 years old at the time.

Solution:
    I had some leftover clear vinyl window sticker sheets from a local print store. I approximated the shape of the location to put the sticker, cut it out with scissors, test fitted it, trimmed for any adjustments, and then applied the stickers behind the door handles to all four doors. To date, not a scratch on the paint, you can't see the material at all, and they show no signs of peeling. I'll be applying this to the new "V" we picked up also. Priceless if you ask me. Those sheets were about $1.25 for an 8.5"x11" a few years ago. Totally worth it.

2. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I saw the chrome door handle cover and am thinking about it.