1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door handle sticking open

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by liamr, Jan 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MichaelM44

MichaelM44 New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    I think that I have found a solution to the problem of the exterior door handles on my Gen 4 Prius not clicking back into place.

I put some silicone spray on the handle mechanism at the lock end (but NOT the lock itself) and the handles are now closing correctly. I don't know if there is a design or manufacturing fault in the mechanism but I am satisfied with this simple solution.

2. liamr

liamr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry for the absence. Yes indeed, I brought it back to my dealer. They checked with Toyota who acknowledged there was an issue and they fixed it for free.

RCO likes this.
  3. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome back Liam. How's the new car working out for you?

alanclarkeau likes this.
  4. liamr

liamr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Works great. This is my third Prius here in Ireland.

I just wish idiots would stop hitting their doors off my bodywork in parking lots. I find that the gen 4 is much more prone to scratches and dings than my previous Gen 2s. I think this is because of the more slab sided nature of the side panels and doors. I'm thinking of getting some side mouldings actually.

RCO likes this.
  5. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good to know your pleased . Mine got dinked twice by the same white car in a public car park. Two similar vertical marks 1cm apart on front passenger door! :mad: Their car wasn't there when I parked, but of course, they left before I got back and no sign of an apology.

alanclarkeau likes this.