1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door lock / unlock with OBD

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by kiyoshi, Dec 8, 2016.

1. kiyoshi

kiyoshi New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Help me
    I am trying to control door lock / unlock with PRIUS - C at OBD,
    Although locking / unlocking itself can be done,
    Is there a way to check if the current state is locked or unlocked?

Experiment with the description of unlock in [075040053011068000] in the previous forum [075040053011068000] and it is successful with that command alone, but as long as detecting the speed, unless you send a command several times You can not unlock it.

If I know the state of LOCK / UNLOCK, I think that it will be possible to send it several times while watching the information, so someone please tell me.

I am Japanese and I am using google's translation, so I'm sorry if it was a weird sentence.

2. Umar Muslim

Umar Muslim Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    N/A
    Kindly restate your query Kiyoshi

it is not clear what your question is

3. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I think what he is asking is: if, with some diagnostic aid plugged into the OBD2 port, can he use some command to send a query to a certain location/value to read out the signal to tell him if the door locks are on or off. If so what is the location/value and what signal indicates what state?

My gut tells me there must be some such value as the settings done from the radio alter the settings for when the doors should lock. When you manually lock the doors, the auto-lock doesn't seem to trigger implying it somehow knew that the locks were already locked.

Sorry, I'm not into doing anything beyond the factory settings they allow. So I can't answer the question. But hope I've helped with a rephrasing so someone else can help.

#3 mikefocke, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  4. kiyoshi

kiyoshi New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    sorry...

Sometimes you may not be locked properly even if you send a door lock signal at [075040053011068000].
    For that reason I check the state of the current door lock and I want to keep sending signals until it is locked properly.

5. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Not an answer, but there is another thread on this: Door lock code via CAN | PriusChat

The other thread reports a recording of signals sent when the lock/unlock buttons are pressed. The 075040 sequence seems more like what Techstream would send. 075040 is the body ECU which is known to control door locks. Perhaps monitoring CAN while pressing the lock/unlock button would provide clues.

6. kiyoshi

kiyoshi New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Mr. RobH
    thank you for your answer.
    I tried it today, but I can not solve it yet.

I would like to try various ways from now on.
    Please tell me if you have any good advice.

Thank you very much

7. kiyoshi

kiyoshi New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Still no information on door lock / unlock has been obtained.

But I sent a signal of door lock or unlock, I received a return saying that ecu received and worked, so I decided to check the operation based on that signal.

Thank you very much.