1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door problem

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Jungenas, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Jungenas

Jungenas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello, couldnt find thread with same problem, problem is that when i try to unlock doors with key fob or using keyless entry it opens passenger door straight away, but struggling with other 3. When i try to lock it, it locks straight away, just bought this car, so dont know anything about it.
    I uploaded a video.

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    How is the condition of the sealing rubber strips between the door frame and the outside base of the window glass? On my 2011 the drivers door and drivers side passenger door window sill rubber were rotted out. It probably faced the sun on that side more than any other side. This will allow rain and dirt to ingress into the delicate mechanicals inside the door. The power window function will be affected and perhaps the power door locking mechanism also. Mine was just starting to squeak a bit when I traded it in. The least of what you might try next is a disassembly and inspection. Just watched your video. Hmm, interesting. Not really sure how the locking mechanism works, but it seems as though some electronic bit isn't getting the message that the door is indeed unlocked and finally does so after several unlock cycles. I assume you have checked your 12 V battery health. A weak auxiliary battery can cause all sorts of electrical problems.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    check your fob and 12v batteries