1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Doors wont lock with black button on handle(SKS)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ovni, Apr 1, 2013.

1. ovni

ovni Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Client brought me a car after dealer could not fix problem....

2006 Prius with Smart system..

Smart key button was in the out position.

Car doors would lock and unlock fine when pressing the buttons on the FOB. When approaching the car, the doors would not open. Pressing the black button on the door handle would give a loud long beep.

I ask the client how many keys she had and she said she bought the car used with one key.

I noticed an aftermarket alarm(fleet car) and I pulled it out as she didn't need it. The car's smart system still will not work.

I knew the beep was the same as when someone leaves a key in the car. I told her to look carefully around the car. She found a smart key hidden in the glove box!!!!

Point of the story..The car will lock the doors IF you use the buttons on your second FOB.

ldanoski and nh7o like this.
  2. ldanoski

ldanoski New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Sorry to necro an old thread, but I just bought a 2007 Prius with this _exact same issue_. Pressing the black button = long beep, proximity would unlock from the trunk but not from either front door. Lo and behold, the car would start even without my FOB in it! Digging around, I found a second FOB under the passenger front seat. Removing this FOB solved the issue.

_THANK YOU_ for saving me a trip to the dealer.

bisco likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome, that.s a $400. find!(y)