1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dorman inverter water pump

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jo-Jo Joseph Mims, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Jo-Jo Joseph Mims

Jo-Jo Joseph Mims Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Finally... What more do I need to say!

I'm currently using a spare heater pump...but I'll be getting one of these soon. In the mean time, anybody that gets one and would like for me to install it for free for them, just let me know...(100miles of augusta, ga)...

Finally!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I had one in a 2006 I purchased. I removed it and installed a Toyota pump. It's on the shelf as a a backup if you're interested in it. It actually looked to be flowing harder than the Toyota pump, but I just prefer the Toyota.

#2 TMR-JWAP, Jun 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    SFO likes this.
  3. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The one which was in our 2007, briefly, worked great except that every once and a while it wouldn't start and then the inverter would overheat. When it was going it produced much more fluid turbulence in the tank than the replacement OEM pump, so I agree that when the Dorman is functioning it is a stronger pump than the OEM.

However, the inverter has not overheated a single time since the Dorman was replaced with the OEM pump, and that is the best measure of a working pump.