1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dose the Fuel line go through the CAT ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by LARRYG36, Sep 12, 2022.

1. LARRYG36

LARRYG36 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was told not long after we bought our 3rd Gen in 11 that "Don't do a Cat Delete" because the Fuel line goes through the Cat to heat the fuel, so it's the only vehicle that we've had that i never ''Stright Pipped it" of the vehicle that we had over the past 11 years..................... So my question is, Dose the fuel line go through it or not??

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wth? Straight-piping ruins all the fine tuning of the engine because the sensors are sending bad data to ECU. Every car you've ever done this has gotten worse gas mileage and less reliable performance no matter the made up story you tell yourself about why maximizing your vehicle's toxic emissions is a good thing. And it's not the fuel line that prevents removal in a Gen3, it's a coolant line that's integrated into the cat that prevents it.

2010moneypit? likes this.
  3. LARRYG36

LARRYG36 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well our Ford Excursion with the 6.0 Diesel, With the Cat and EGR Deleted, Stright 4in pipe, went from 12mpg to 27mpg at 70mph, My 1st Toyota LC with that POS Inline 6 was doing around 19 when not fully loaded, very easy delete no 02 senser behind. The other LC had a 02 senser behind the Cat, didn't feel like welding a 02 lifter in the pipe, so i just ordered up the factory TOYOTA CAT DELETE pipes, then cut that Damn 20-pound muffler off the thing, Made a big difference in power and mileage....... SO, IT DOSE MAKE a BIG DIFFANCE!!!!!!!

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The coolant lines are connected to the exhaust heat recovery exchanger, which is behind both cats.

[​IMG]

From left: first cat, second cat, EHRS exchanger (with coolant lines), sub-muffler.

5. LARRYG36

LARRYG36 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks Bud !!!!! Thats the INFO i was looking for. Not the crap i was getting from that LIBTARD TREE FU^*KER !!!!!

6. LARRYG36

LARRYG36 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well our Ford Excursion with the 6.0 Diesel, With the Cat and EGR Deleted, Stright 4in pipe, went from 12mpg to 27mpg at 70mph, My 1st Toyota LC with that POS Inline 6 was doing around 19 when not fully loaded, very easy delete no 02 senser behind. The other LC had a 02 senser behind the Cat, didn't feel like welding a 02 lifter in the pipe, so i just ordered up the factory TOYOTA CAT DELETE pipes, then cut that Damn 20-pound muffler off the thing, Made a big difference in power and mileage....... SO, IT DOSE MAKE a BIG DIFFANCE!!!!!!!

7. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    umm, ok

8. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The Ford excursions in the big diesels the banks and the Cummins and all of them Yes you're right taking off cats and doing all kinds of stuff is legit in that world here in these cars not so much there's so much to fool it's not like plugging in a tech 2 and going on your way. I lived up near one of Gale shops long time ago like in the '80s when he was just getting his start fooling with this stuff and was cool dude cool setup cool garage all that but with these cars especially the hybrids and all that not so much you want to do that you'll be spending your life trying to fool the next something and it just doesn't work that way The electronics people that make aftermarket computers and all they don't even fool with these vehicles because they're so finely tuned. Tree hugging doesn't have a lot to do with it to be honest about it it's just the way the vehicles are made. We have a couple big diesel shops right here in Burlington North Carolina that specialize in all the stuff you're talking about they make big power out of these whatever engines they're working with do all kinds of mods etc etc but for some reason when those things leave out the factory they're almost worse than a Prius as far as running on their own puke goes so guys like Gail Banks and other tuners spend their lives trying to bring these things into the real world if you will That's why I would only buy one aftermarket from somebody that's already dropped all the money to do whatever.

9. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So your Excursion is getting more than 1100 miles between fill-ups. That is fantastic!

I always wanted some big diffance doses.

10. LARRYG36

LARRYG36 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    YEP, AND IT WAS GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!! THE BUS, LOL

11. BiaoH

BiaoH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Keep in mind, diesel and gas engines are different stories. With the diesel Excursion, your delete was mainly on the EGR and DPF. DPF causes huge back pressure to the engine because it's essentially a soot filter. EGR causes the intake to carbon up very quickly and badly.

With gas engines, deleting cat will have minimal improvement on performance. The cat does not work as a filter on gas engines. If you ever cut open a cat, you will see that inside it is essentially some precious metal nets that don't cause back pressure at all. This is why literally nobody do this with gas engine but the EGR/DPF delete on diesel engines are quite popular.

12. LARRYG36

LARRYG36 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I Guess you didn't read my post. I did it on the 2 Landcruiser's we had, the 100 was done with the Toyota factory delete pipes, the other i used straight pipe, no rear 02. Our Daimler/ Chrysler Crossfire, i went to our Mercedes dealer to get the factory delete pipes, they were on crack with the price, found a speed shop online that specializes on Crossfires and the Mercedes coups that the thing is made from, ordered up the bolt on cat delete pipes, but left on the muffler. Pretty popular thing to do in the Crossfire club in Vegas, ALL GOT BETTER MILAGE AND POWER!!!!

13. LARRYG36

LARRYG36 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Some time very late next year, we'll be picking up the new Prius, Gen 5 i guess , 2023. Sense the stealer ship wont give us shit on our 2011, it's either list it or ''Have some fun with it" taking off the Cat. ,doing some reprograming of the cp., 02 sensors placement, rerunning coolant lines, do a EGR delete.