1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Double-stick tape recommendation for bumper protector?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by NewHybridOwner, May 8, 2019.

1. NewHybridOwner

NewHybridOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    When I installed my bumper protector, I pushed it all the way forward -- but against the trunk/hatch lip, rather than (as I think the instructions intended) holding it flat against the top of the bumper and pushing it forward all the way until the sloping rear section was tight against the vertical (more or less) surface of the bumper. It doesn't look right, and in a few weeks I have rubbed the paint off the bottom edge of the hatch at one point where it has been contacting the "rib" on the bumper protector.

After all that, the question is, what tape would you recommend to reattach the bumper protector in the correct position? The original was 3M, I think, but there are many different varieties of 3M automotive double-stick tape.

2. Ed Beaty

Ed Beaty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I would recommend 3m 4229P tape. It's .76mm thick, and comes in many widths. Lots available via search or on eBay. Among other things, it is used on Wellvisors wind deflectors and sticks very, very well if you clean up the mating surfaces properly.

marvingloria2011 likes this.