1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Doug McIntyre: AN APOLOGY FROM A BUSH VOTER

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by IsrAmeriPrius, Jun 23, 2006.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 24 2006, 02:34 AM) [snapback]276247[/snapback]</div>
    One person was killed directly by a Scud and two died from heart attacks during Scud attacks. There were some property losses. That is not the type of damage that we associate with WMD; the reason cited for going to war with Iraq in 2003. Saddam and his Scud missiles did not present a serious security threat for the State of Israel. In the greater scheme of events the Scuds were nothing more than annoying security irritations compared to the type of losses that we legitimately fear from chemical, biological and nuclear weapons. Had the Scuds posed any greater risk, as my sources write, Israel would have taken the initiative and attacked Iraq on its own. I am very sorry about the 29 American service men and women who perished in the Scud attacks on Saudi Arabia during the first Gulf War; however, their tragic deaths do not prove that Saddam Hussein was a serious threat to Israel.

Besides, all that happened in 1991. By 2003 Saddam had no capability to even pose that limited thereat on Israel.

dbermanmd wrote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 23 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]275968[/snapback]</div>
    He is plain wrong. I will reiterate, Israel is not the beneficiary of the Iraq war. Saddam never posed a catastrophic threat to Israel that would have justified the invasion of Iraq. As a matter of fact Israel is now worse off. Iran's natural enemy is now gone. That has freed the Iranians to concentrate on development of weapon systems that do endanger the continuing existence of Israel.

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 23 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]275968[/snapback]</div>
    They are baaack:

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I thought the Canadian army was still there policing the counrty as stated in another thread?.. <_<