1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Down to the Rapture

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewhanley @ Feb 10 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]388156[/snapback]</div>
    They "think" they do.. thats the big lie....

How can they say that when my God teaches different things than thiers?

When you are on your death bed and about to die and need a miracle... I'll let you choose which one to call on.... to deliver you.

One has power, the other doesn't, only lies and deception.. even thier bible and prophecies change to meet the times and hide the ones that never came to pass.

Even as in the days of Old when ELijah faced the 450 false prophets... they too thought they served God... but the real God consumed them all without a trace.... a cool story to read...

Start here and read to verse 40
    (1 Ki 18:19 KJV) Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table.
    (1 Ki 18:20 KJV) So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel.
    (1 Ki 18:21 KJV) And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
    (1 Ki 18:22 KJV) Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the LORD; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men.
    (1 Ki 18:23 KJV) Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under:
    (1 Ki 18:24 KJV) And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken.
    (1 Ki 18:25 KJV) And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under.
    (1 Ki 18:26 KJV) And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.
    (1 Ki 18:27 KJV) And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.
    (1 Ki 18:28 KJV) And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.
    (1 Ki 18:29 KJV) And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded.
    (1 Ki 18:30 KJV) And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the LORD that was broken down.
    (1 Ki 18:31 KJV) And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the LORD came, saying, Israel shall be thy name:
    (1 Ki 18:32 KJV) And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the LORD: and he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed.
    (1 Ki 18:33 KJV) And he put the wood in order, and cut the bullock in pieces, and laid him on the wood, and said, Fill four barrels with water, and pour it on the burnt sacrifice, and on the wood.
    (1 Ki 18:34 KJV) And he said, Do it the second time. And they did it the second time. And he said, Do it the third time. And they did it the third time.
    (1 Ki 18:35 KJV) And the water ran round about the altar; and he filled the trench also with water.
    (1 Ki 18:36 KJV) And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.
    (1 Ki 18:37 KJV) Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
    (1 Ki 18:38 KJV) Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
    (1 Ki 18:39 KJV) And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.
    (1 Ki 18:40 KJV) And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.

I have never seen a devil cast out.. or even heard of it... in the name of Ala... Jesus is the only name that carries that authority in any language.

Devils are subject to that name...... they created Ala.. it would be a conflict of interest for Ala to cast out devils.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewhanley @ Feb 10 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]388168[/snapback]</div>
    Now your getting it!!! LOL!...

The Jews crucified Jesus, even though he was of and was a Jew.. it wasn't the Romans.... but thats not the point about Jews...

Many jews have broken the veil and are believers now.... but the fact of the matter is...
    WE ALL CRUCIFIED HIM... it was humanity.....

If you are me would have been there when it happened, we too would have chanted his death till the bitter end.. because they were blind and could not see.

Jesus knew that.. hence is prayer to the Father to forgive them for they know not what they do.

We all are antichrist..... until we surrender.

That veil that blinds the whole nation of Jews in general, will not be removed until the Second coming of Christ, when they are almost obliterated in that famous last days battle, then thier eyes will be opened as they discover this same Jesus the crucified is indeed thier messiah.

2. Mirza

Mirza New Member

This is absolutely ridiculous - if you don't praise Israel you are beholden to dark Nazi thoughts. Yet looks at this nut... talking so openly about Jews as a 'failed race' of his lord... talk about hypocrisy! I have yet to see anyone condemn windstring's views of Jews. (And if this doesn't count as a condemnation, I don't know what does!)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 10 2007, 04:19 PM) [snapback]388142[/snapback]</div>

Ok... so just because there's a book called the Lord of the Rings and the Bible it means that are equally the same just because they are books. A ridiculous argument you make. You ought to read up about the scientific method.

3. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 11 2007, 02:14 AM) [snapback]388330[/snapback]</div>
    You actually read a post from windstrings or loveit? :)

4. Mirza

Mirza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Feb 11 2007, 02:08 AM) [snapback]388347[/snapback]</div>
    Heh, guess that's a habit I need to pick up lol!

5. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 11 2007, 03:14 AM) [snapback]388330[/snapback]</div>
    Agreed...

I have read the thread again, and once again, I have to say, that windstrings and loveit are at the very least, zealous.

They are at the most, dangerous.

I am reading an excellent book, (Shocking, I know, to read a book other then Bible), by the chair of the Department of Religious Studies, at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

The author, who also went to Moody, points out, rather eloquently, what I have been trying to say for years.
    Which is this:

If the full meaning of the words of scripture can only be grasped by studying them in Greek and Hebrew, does this not mean that most 'Christians', who don't read ancient languages, will never have complete access to what God wants then to know?

And doesn't this, in turn, make the doctrine of if inspiration, a doctrine only for the scholarly elite, who not only have the intellectual skills, but the time, to learn the languages and study the texts by reading them in the original?

Which makes me think: What good does it to say the words are inspired by God, if most people have absolutely no access to these words, but more or less clumsy renderings of these words into a language, such as English, that has nothing to do with the original words?

Which gets even more complicated by the simple fact that we do not have the original, hand written texts. We have copies of copies from scribes-sometimes correctly, but often times, many times, copied incorrectly...

What good is it to say that the autographs (i.e., the originals) were inspired? We don't have the originals! We have only error-ridden copies, and the vast majority are centuries removed from the originals, and different from them, in thousands of ways...

So, for those who question like I do the Bible, yet, maintain faith, this book, brings me to a hope: That we are not alone with this.

Huh. A book that gives me faith that I am not alone, and it's not the Bible...Fascinating.

6. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Like I said before, just because you know scripture, or anything from any book, that alone does not give one salvation. (Even scripture written in Hebrew or Greek, or any language for that matter.) Knowing scripture and studying will point the way to salvation.

That's why it is so important not to just know scripture alone, but to know the one who wrote it.

Now if TJ, says he has read so many different versions of the bible so many times, and I have read the scripture, does that give him or even myself or anyone else salvation? No.

But reading the scripture will say that "Jesus is The Way, (to salvation), The Truth, and The Light. And that no man, (or woman), can come to the Heavenly Father but by Jesus."

So if we come to have a personal relationship with Jesus as a result of reading scripture, that's well; but that's only part of it. Scripture also says that faith, which only comes from God and from hearing His word, (scripture), without works, (or living out the belief in scriptures)
    is dead, (no good).

It is just as important to be careful to live out one's beliefs if one says that he/she is a Christian.

Scripture says that man was created by God to walk in good works. That means we are to be just like God in nature. To go about doing good; not for show but out of compassion.

There is no law against love. Nothing can ever be said against love. For a definition of God's description of love, look in I Corinthians Chapter 13.

There are many that live today as if there is no accountability for their lives because that is what they believe.

There are others who don't know what to believe and so they are confused, and LOST so to speak. They don't know what they are to do with the life that they have. And so they will either spend the rest of their lives looking for purpose and meaning.

If you look at the woman at the well, Jesus expounded unto her, and the people of Samaria, what their lives were to be like. Their questions about life were answered. That's what it means when Jesus said if theywould come to Him and ask Him for living water, He would give them living water that would completely satisfy them; and not just for one time, but every time that they go to Him. That's His promise to each person on the face of the earth.

Scriptures also tell us, that if everything that Jesus did were written down, there would never be enough room in the book to cover it all. That's why He came down to earth in fleshly form to show man how to live.

So if you know Jesus personally, and living the way He expects of you, then that's the personal relationship that Christians talk about having if you say you are a Christian. Faith without works is dead.

Jesus told Nicodemus that just possessing scriptures alone will not give you salvation, or eternal life, but that the scriptures point to the way of salvation. Then Jesus goes on to say: "And you Nicodemus, being a priest who has studied scriptures, don't know these things?" Meaning that the scripture is not salvation in and of itself, but that it points the way to salvation.

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So we're condemning now?..... the Jews are part of the master plan... they are not considered "christian".. they only believe in the Father.. not "Christ Jesus"... they believe in a christ, but have not accepted jesus yet as that one.

Sorry you got so mixed up.

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 10 2007, 04:58 PM) [snapback]388153[/snapback]</div>
    Windstrings~

Accually I have read what you said, I was mearly responding to post 135.

But you just word it better than I did. ;)

9. ewhanley

ewhanley New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 10 2007, 06:44 PM) [snapback]388233[/snapback]</div>
    With all due respect, please don't talk down to me (red font). I have read the Torah and New Testament myself, and I am just finishing up the Q'uran (in Arabic and English ;) ). You still don't provide me any answer, other than scripture and YOUR interpretation/opinion thereof, to the question as to why YOU and your religion are right. Don't you think that Jews and Muslims believe in their view as intensely as you do your own? How is it that you are so certain you are correct?

I asked whether or not Jews could claim Christianity was a false religion in much the same way you claim Islam is a false religion. You kick out yet another quote of scripture and are dead certain that you are correct. Step back for a second, take a couple of deep breaths and imagine you are Jewish or, *gasp!*, even Muslim. Couldn't you, as a Jew or Muslim simply quote scripture from your respective book and claim that the Christians are wrong? Do you understand what I am getting at?

I think your true colors are starting to show. Early on, you tried to convince me that Judaism and Christianity are both valid because they are Messianic in nature. Now it has devolved into Jews selling a big lie, and Allah actually being satan? Also, satan possess some nearly "god-like" powers, which make this whole thing seem almost akin to polytheism. Of course, I am not convinced Christianity is not thinly veiled polytheism anyway. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just seems like a bit of a contradiction.

You are unbelievably stubborn on this subject, and I am curious where all that conviction comes from. No matter how hard I try, there is no way in hell I could convince myself of any belief system in the way that you have. I am interested in many, reasonably educated in some, but still consider myself a strong agnostic. Character flaw on my part, or am I in the grasp of demon possession?

*DISCLAIMER* I am not looking for spiritual guidance, so spare me any proselytizing. I personally don't feel any group is right, though they are all certain they are.

P.S. Have you given the Buddhism (or any other hypothetical, "good" person who does not believe in Christ) question any thought? What is their fate in your estimation?

10. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 11 2007, 12:15 PM) [snapback]388481[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry Priusguy.. guess you caught me in defense mode.... I rarely even look to see who the poster is.. I purposely try not to, to avoid prejudice.. I try to respond to the words alone....

I would have known you didn't mean it that way...

11. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewhanley @ Feb 11 2007, 12:59 PM) [snapback]388509[/snapback]</div>
    Please don't get being "christian" mixed up with believing in the one True God.

Jesus is the Christ and no other... he is the Son on the Living God of whom the Jews believe in.

The Jews are not Christian, niether do they profess to be, neither do they accept Christ as the messiah and "anyone" whether jew or gentile, all crucify him even today when they don't accept him.

The Jews have been spiritually blinded and thier eyes will not be opened until the second coming on purpose.
    Its part of the plan... if they had not rejected the Messiah, the plan of salvation would have never been available to anyone except the "chosen nation".. therefore because they turn him away, its now available to the whole world.

But just because the Jews reject Christ, Christ has not rejected them.. only temporarily blinded them... he will save them when the great Bear of the North "Russia" and all the other nations are pouncing upon and have them almost consumed, then he will return.
    This is not the rapture... the rapture or "catching away" happens before this event.

I suspect the real Church may endure a fair amount of persecution before that happens, but since no man knows the exact hour... all bets are off.

(John 12:36 KJV) While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.
    (John 12:37 KJV) But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
    (John 12:38 KJV) That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
    (John 12:39 KJV) Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
    (John 12:40 KJV) He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
    (John 12:41 KJV) These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.
    (John 12:42 KJV) Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
    (John 12:43 KJV) For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

The proof is in the pudding..... Jesus understood and knew that in the last days there would be many false religions... so as a simple guide he told us to look for the fruit.

counterfiet religions can mimic fruit, but cannot produce it.

Plus there will be power with signs following all those that believe.... hate, and killing is not a fruit of the spirit, nor is it a sign of a true believer.

The Devil always overplays his own hand...... he has many religions that are good counterfiets, but his hate gives him away... something he can't remove or hide for long.

There are many Innocent people following false religions that don't know thier creators motives and intents but as blind sheep are decieved by thier words.

12. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 11 2007, 02:27 PM) [snapback]388525[/snapback]</div>
    At least now you have proven that you are indeed insane. I knew that if we let you spout enough, you would show yourself. I'm sure you could "prove" to me in the Bible where it says that Russia will kill all Jews, and that this will be the sign of the second coming. HOWEVER--your interpretations are absolutely wrong. They are. Accept it.

And your bible quotes, frankly, have nothing to do with your arguments. You haven't answered one question without a blatant attempt at sidestepping by writing a tome on NOTHING that we couldn't look up ourselves.

This is the last time I'll say anything on this thread. A very clever man once said:

"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing."

He also said...

"...one should be gentle with the ignorant, for they are the chosen of God."

Guess that makes my point. BTW--that was Mark Twain.

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 11 2007, 07:25 PM) [snapback]388656[/snapback]</div>
    Your funny!... your're really hoping I'm wrong... How come do you suppose?.. I'll let you answer that....

But are you really asking for a Bible study???
    Do you want a one liner that tells it all?.. .God speaks deeper than that.. otherwise the guilty would be warned.
    His coming to the earth as a baby wasn't obvious either....

I"m not saying I have any direct revelation to myself personally in a dream of the night.. but if you know "anything" about prophecy... it has been widely interpreted by almost "all" prophetic scholars that the Great Bear of the north will be Russia... Its even their emblem!...

Prophecy speaks of what will come to pass:
    I will point out a few things just from "memory".. I am not a scholar, but used to study this quite intently years ago.... you can do the homework and checking if you really want to know...as I am not an authority on the subject....

I used to worry about knowing all the details, but now I rest in the comfort of knowing its all in his hands and I'm his child and no matter what I go through, he will go through it with me......
    some believe this war below may happen "before" the rapture.. but no one knows for sure....

Below is just "one" passage... you think the bible is a waste of time, but its loaded with phenominal information...... I will attempt to interpret some of the lines by writing in Red....

Just because you are unlearned about the Bible, you can't accuse others as insane that know something about it.... you can't get off that easy... sorry...

(Ezek 38:2 KJV) Son of man, set thy face against Gog (Gog is Russia), the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, (Cities in Russia) and prophesy against him, Keep in mind, these were the names back then.

(Ezek 38:3 KJV) And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

(Ezek 38:4 KJV) And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

(Ezek 38:5 KJV) Persia (Iran), Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

(Ezek 38:6 KJV) Gomer (yes.. sad to say, Germany) , and all his bands; the house of Togarmah ( I believe this may be Eastern Turkey) of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.

(Ezek 38:7 KJV) Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

(Ezek 38:8 KJV) After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

(Ezek 38:9 KJV) Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

(Ezek 38:10 KJV) Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought:

(Ezek 38:11 KJV) And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

(Ezek 38:12 KJV) To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.

(Ezek 38:13 KJV) Sheba, and Dedan (Saudi Arabia), and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

(Ezek 38:14 KJV) Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?

(Ezek 38:15 KJV) And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:

(Ezek 38:16 KJV) And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

(Ezek 38:17 KJV) Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them?

(Ezek 38:18 KJV) And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog (Russia) shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face.

(Ezek 38:19 KJV) For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel; (Very Great Earthquake)

(Ezek 38:20 KJV) So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

(Ezek 38:21 KJV) And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother.

(Ezek 38:22 KJV) And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.

(Ezek 38:23 KJV) Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

(Ezek 39:1 KJV) Therefore, thou son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

(Ezek 39:2 KJV) And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:

(Ezek 39:3 KJV) And I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fall out of thy right hand.

(Ezek 39:4 KJV) Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.

(Ezek 39:5 KJV) Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.

(Ezek 39:6 KJV) And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

(Ezek 39:7 KJV) So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

(Ezek 39:8 KJV) Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

(Ezek 39:9 KJV) And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years: 7 years to burn the weapons

(Ezek 39:10 KJV) So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD.

(Ezek 39:11 KJV) And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog.

(Ezek 39:12 KJV) And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land.

(Ezek 39:13 KJV) Yea, all the people of the land shall bury them; and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord GOD.

(Ezek 39:14 KJV) And they shall sever out men of continual employment, passing through the land to bury with the passengers those that remain upon the face of the earth, to cleanse it: after the end of seven months shall they search.

(Ezek 39:15 KJV) And the passengers that pass through the land, when any seeth a man's bone, then shall he set up a sign by it, till the buriers have buried it in the valley of Hamongog.

(Ezek 39:16 KJV) And also the name of the city shall be Hamonah. Thus shall they cleanse the land.

(Ezek 39:17 KJV) And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.

(Ezek 39:18 KJV) Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.

(Ezek 39:19 KJV) And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.

(Ezek 39:20 KJV) Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.

(Ezek 39:21 KJV) And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.

(Ezek 39:22 KJV) So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.

(Ezek 39:23 KJV) And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.

(Ezek 39:24 KJV) According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.

This is just one glimpse of prophecy.... this isn't even Revelations! LOL!

I hope this spurs your interest to dig furthur on your own....

14. ewhanley

ewhanley New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The only thing that concerns me about prophesy is how vague it generally is. It is juuuust vague enough that a few people from every generation claim that the "end times are upon us." Of course people today would say that it is true this time and cite wars and whatnot, but the people from every previous generation who claimed the end was near said the same damn thing. Their track record just isn't very good, and they lose credibility every time. A prime example for the present is Pat Robertson of 700 Club fame, and he is one in a long line of folks who have been eager for the end to come. Those zealous for the end of existence scare the hell out of me, as I am a bit more of a "you only get one life to live, so make the most of it" sort of fellow. I see little difference between evangelicals who are excited about the rapture and fundamentalist muslims who are willing to strap bombs to themselves clinging to belief of a glorious hereafter. The degree of severity between the two differs markedly, though the principle is the same. This life is a mere hindrance to their enjoyment of the paradise to come.

It is all a pretty good read, but I view it more as an interesting piece of literature rather than the literal word of god.

15. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    you're right. it can be very vague.... prophecy is given so that "after it happens" you can look back and know God made it so by fortelling it.

If he made it too obvious, even the Devil himself would try to offset it.....

If the Devil would have known that by sending Christ to the cross it would have stripped him of all his power, he would have never done it!...

thats why Jesus told his diciples to keep some things secret.. yes I can show scripture for that....

Looking at prophecy is seldom 20-20 looking forward.. only backward.

But the Koran...constantly changes its "prophecies" to match what happened .
    They keep revising thier copyright to match the truth.

The Holy Bible never changes.... Gods word always is fullfilled.

the sign of a false prophet is that his words do not come to pass.

The scripture below is one of the most powerful that show the Koran does not worship the same God:
    (1 John 4:1 KJV) Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    (1 John 4:2 KJV) Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
    (1 John 4:3 KJV) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
    Whats the big deal with Christ being the son of God?.. thats the whole crux that defeated the power of Satan.

(2 Pet 1:20 KJV) Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
    (2 Pet 1:21 KJV) For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
    (2 Pet 2:1 KJV) But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

(Mat 24:11 KJV) And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

(Mat 7:15 KJV) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    (Mat 7:16 KJV) Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    (Mat 7:17 KJV) Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    (Mat 7:18 KJV) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

16. ewhanley

ewhanley New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This is beginning to sound very much like a conspiracy theory.

You entertain interesting conversation, but there is absolutely no room for logic. I don't operate well in an environment deficient in logic, as I don't feel a proper argument can be conducted in its absence.

I don't even know where to go from here. You have indeed exhausted my resources with your unwavering belief. To each his own.

17. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewhanley @ Feb 11 2007, 10:37 PM) [snapback]388708[/snapback]</div>
    I agree...it is time to give it a rest. You don't want to get smited!!! :lol:

18. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sorry guys.. but there have been much greater minds than yours or mine that have tried to discount the mysteries of God.... Can't happen!!!

19. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 12 2007, 12:02 AM) [snapback]388718[/snapback]</div>
    You can easily if you require evidence. When evidence doesn't count anything goes.

20. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 12 2007, 12:18 AM) [snapback]388698[/snapback]</div>
    I have pointed out, where it indeed, does change. Has changed.

Again. In 1611, the King James Version of the Bible came out. The one you love to quote. In it was the Apocrypha.

By the year 1726, that very same version, the KJV, had been edited; that section of the Bible was gone.

You blow your own argument away, with that consistent mistake. Congratulations.

Jesus has been known to be quoted, 'You give them eyes, but they can not see'.

Think about that.