1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Down to the Rapture

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 14 2007, 09:25 PM) [snapback]390607[/snapback]</div>
    Yeppers! daronspicher's above quote sums it up in laymans terms so that even the inteligent can understand. Thank you, daronspicher. :)

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 14 2007, 08:30 PM) [snapback]390610[/snapback]</div>
    Faith is her opening her heart to you again, even though she knows you will cheat again......
    yea.. your right. it doesn't make sense.. thats what I've been trying to tell you...

Faith works by Love.

I don't know how old you are, but its sad that it takes most of our lives to even know who we are inside... let alone understand our world around us.
    There is still much to learn..

Good job daronspicher, that was nice, hopefully my commending it does not take away its power... its a fearful thing to think what that conversation may be like.

Many who think they will be on the right side of Jesus who maybe ministered to thousands and spread the word throughout the earth, may be on the outskirts of heaven, while some who were nobodies and insignificant in the eyes of the world, may be the closest.

Who knows.. but being anywhere at all in heaven will be phenominal existence for eternity!!!!
    This life is not worth it... even being the richest, most popular and most influential, is not worth loosing heaven and its eternity of delights, without pain, suffering, tears, rejection, or evil.

Works do not save you, but they're are rewards accordingly... of course we will toss our crowns at his feet anyway! LOL!... anyone who cares about crowns will most likely have little.

Crowns alse depict "authority" that each will carry.

nevertheless..... God will not "beg" anyone to come to him, but he will open his arms of Love for those who will.
    Anyone who needs "begging" is not worthy of him.

God also does not have to prove himself to anyone either, he already has many times over.

Sometime a hardened stone cannot be fractured with only one type of tool... sometimes a sharp stone is not the key.. it takes blunt.. and vice versa......

thanks for your efforts.....

3. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 14 2007, 11:07 PM) [snapback]390632[/snapback]</div>
    This is at the crux of it. Religion is the perfect self-replicating meme.

1. Believe this meme
    2. Questioning the meme is unsavory and must be avoided
    3. Requiring evidence for the meme is not required.
    4. Believing the meme without evidence is worthy of praise.
    5. Convince, shun or kill anyone who does not believe the meme.
    6. Repeat.

[​IMG]

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Feb 14 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]390633[/snapback]</div>
    See there are more christians on here than people think, I believe some here are just trying to sling mud and try to incite others to join.. But for the most part everyones been civil. :)

The Movie: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe is an Alagory of the Christian FAITH.. ;)
    Yes C.S. Lewis is a christian, :eek: quick go burn your books.. :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Feb 14 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]390637[/snapback]</div>

Windstrings's Statement below, seems to best sum up your reply. ;)

5. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Feb 14 2007, 09:11 PM) [snapback]390637[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry you have such a twisted view of religion.. some of that is deserved by some religions.. but let me see if I have this correct....

1. Religion says one thing.
    2. You disagree so feel rejected and shunned because your belief is not accepted as ok?

You seem to take this all personally?

No one is rejecting you.. only your subborn concepts that trap you... you are your biggest enemy..not anyone else...

Gods word reaches out to you.... of course, not on your terms so its no good for you.....

I think your forgot who has power over your next breath and life... you accept his terms which are very loving and fair, they only ask you to release your death and bondage to sin.... He doesn't accept your terms...

You don't even know whats good for you!.....

I have never seen "anyone" who has tasted God and the powers of this world to come, "ever" want to go back... only those who have tasted false religion and found it was empty.
    (Heb 6:5 KJV) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6. Mirza

Mirza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 14 2007, 10:35 PM) [snapback]390656[/snapback]</div>
    O rlly?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9...069&q=islam
    http://www.turntoislam.com/

(NOTE - it should be evidently clear that I am NOT Muslim!!!!)

7. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 14 2007, 10:25 PM) [snapback]390607[/snapback]</div>
    That's about how the conversation would go, no denying it.

All of you keep talking about how I'm doing what I want and not what God wants and that that's where I falter. I'd like to hear from you as to what you do in order to live your life by His wishes, besides accepting God and Jesus into your lives. I'm not asking to be flippant. I'm asking because what else would God want other than to have peace, kindness and compassion within his creation? I'll go back to my Mother who spends an awful lot of time at church, worshiping and accepting God and Jesus into her life; but her life is void of any charitable works. Actually, she can be quite selfish in some ways. I don't understand how none of you can see the contradiction at work here. You're telling me that God will welcome her into eternal life just because she "believed" in Him, while he would shun me when I've worked my free time to provide my efforts to those which are in need? Can any of you not see the error in this?

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 14 2007, 10:43 PM) [snapback]390660[/snapback]</div>
    I see that certain people have a problem with Christians & their FAITH, 'Mizra' Did you know Al Gore is a christian?

Just pointing out a petty fact,

9. Mirza

Mirza New Member

And your point is?

Anyhow I think you got the context wrong - note what Gore is talking about - Carl Sagan's saying.

I'm curious about what windstrings thinks of the former Christian fundamentalists who got greater salvation by converting to Islam... after saying none who turn to a false religion ever 'feel it...'

10. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SSimon @ Feb 14 2007, 09:48 PM) [snapback]390664[/snapback]</div>
    Thats a toughie..... if there is anyway you can forget about her and realize her rendition of What religion is may be far less that what God is calling you to.
    So many are living for God, but walking in thier own ways and not in his perfect will, thus they are miserable, cranky, and never at rest....
    LIving on the fence is the most miserable life.....

the way of the transgressor is hard..... transgressing is simply doing your will instead of Gods... it kills your peace.

Many do good works and are very involved in church and still miss it....
    your relatioship with God is between you and Him... follow your heart as to what he is calling you to do.. don't use your mother as a guide or a point of confusion.
    One thing I can bet.. you mother is praying for you... but if your religion does not look like the what God has placed in your heart to seek, then seek for the real, not the form and ritual.

I'm sure you love her and she may be a wonderful woman... that doesn'''t mean she typifies the perfect christian..... few do.. but the less your on the fence, the more you will.... the more you lay down your burdens and quite trying to fight your battles and give your burdens to him, the more you will find his rest and peace and you will actually see progress in your life in areas you could never do with your own efforts.

Never follow another person as your guide.....
    What God has for you is only limited by your faith to ask him and reach out for it.

You will never be happy till you fullfill what God is calling "you" to do.. not to do what someone else is doing... whether of God or not... thats between them and God.

(2 Cor 10:12 KJV) For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

11. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Feb 14 2007, 11:08 PM) [snapback]390633[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you, fshagan. My interest in religion was slightly peaked when I went to church for the first time in a long time very recently. The Bishop's homily was very interesting, he did a nice job referencing how he bridges the gap between evolution and religion and spoke to the young adults receiving Confirmation in a very open minded manner. His basic message was to live a good, decent life and that if they don't find their way to a lifelong career in the church, that they should try to select employment elsewhere that assists with the betterment of a cause. I post in this thread and get an entirely different thought process. Not that it's wrong, it's just different than what I experienced in church that day.

Your second paragraph addresses the main concern I currently have with accepting your (by your, I mean all of the various posters who share this faith) God. As I've said before, I am not a mal intent. I do not knowingly act in an aware manner against that which I know to be moral, correct behavior. This is my point. If I remain ignorant my entire life of the existence of God, but conduct myself in an upstanding manner, why would God not be able to forgive me? The best analogy that I have is that it's like conditional love. I've lived my life in some very poor relationships and have parted ways with my acceptance of this dynamic in my personal life. I simply care for myself too much now not to be embraced and accepted for my being as a whole. I can't see my way to accepting this conditional dynamic in a religion.

12. Mirza

Mirza New Member

Oh windstrings - I'm stilling waiting for you to answer a few questions......

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 14 2007, 10:21 PM) [snapback]390677[/snapback]</div>
    I already responded to this question, must I do it again?

Carl feels rejected and forgotten as he has no relationship.... hence his statement "forgotten corner of a universe"...

you are still stuck in the physical plane.....

first, lets define that God is a spirit....
    (John 4:24 KJV) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Now lets define that Gods is here now.. not far far away.....
    (2 Ki 6:15 KJV) And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
    (2 Ki 6:16 KJV) And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
    (2 Ki 6:17 KJV) And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

I could fill pages with scripture that show the unseen Angels and forces in the spiritual realm that you cannot see with your eyes.....

Carl is speaking foolishness.... I asked you before and I'll ask one last time.... Is Carl your guide?
    What does he know about God or spirit?.. he is a man limited by his eyes and senses......

100 years ago, you would have laughed to my face if I told you there were messages in the air you couldn't see and picture and images... welcome to satellite tv!!!

There is "tons" out there that your senses can't pick up, yet its real....

Your spirit has a whole different set of senses to navigate in the spirit realm, the same as your body navigates in the physical realm.

Its not till your born again, that those sense are first experienced and then you have to learn how to "interpret" what you sense and see in the spirit realm, the same as a baby who sees his first images.

the kingdom of heaven is among you right now!!!!! you are surrounded by spritual beings all the time.

why are you asking me to explain what Carl sees?

14. Mirza

Mirza New Member

No, you didn't.

What if you're wrong and Islam is the true religion? What if the devil has forged much of what you believe, and you've simply been mislead?

Lack of evidence does NOT equal proof of evidence ;) - besides, you could easily get a Hindu on here and say the same thing to you - you only think in one plane - you say there is only one god but I see many - and point out that before they didn't know of waves outside of our senses - so then you are mistaken there is one god... when there are actually multiple ones!

And here's a little refresher:

Carl (dude in the video?) was a Christian who went Muslim - and never "ever" wanted to go back because he tasted the powers of Allah (according to you, who is a completely different god)... by your very own logic you are actually the one following a false religion.

Let me put it this way - these former fundamentalist Christians went to Islam because they could not taste the powers of your God........ they wouldn't have gone to Islam if they felt your religion was empty (IE false)... therefore they turned to Islam. How do you explain this one? You're probably going to say they are blind or something to that nature...... but entertain the possibility - what if you've been the one deceived and these converts to islam, who did not feel this power and thus by your logic Chrisitanity is a false religion - are right? How do you know that the devil hasn't misguided you? He's very sly from what you've told us - deceiving us ways we couldn't even imagine... would it not make sense that such a decoy could apply at the deepest level too you?

15. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 14 2007, 10:52 PM) [snapback]390687[/snapback]</div>
    Mirza.... you need to go to vegas and watch a good majician show.. .. it will blow your mind.... evidence is weak..... spritual is proof.

Once you've walked in the spirit, you will see that its more real than the physical world by far.

the times I have had spiritual experiences are far far more vivid and real then my physical world while I type to you.

In the spirit realm, you "know" everything about a person or entity, just by looking at them, you feel no weight of gravity, no pain and are free.
    You experience emotions "fully" not just partially.

There is no comparison... if you ever have a true spritual experience where you have a glimspe of heaven as your in the presence of God, you will never want to come back.

the only way I can decribe it is like a really really good dream that someone wakes you out of and your slammed back to the dull world of reality where there is sorrow, pain, fear, doubt, anguish, persecution, etc etc.

Being in the presence of God for one moment is worth a liftetime of wonderful memories in exchange.... there is nothing in this world that compares.

Its so hard to convince someone how wonderful something is when they have ever had is trash to eat and are afraid to give up the vomit they eat everyday for fine fillet minon steak.

Once you've had it, you will always remember and long to be in that presence again......

Estacy in sex is also a mirror of the intimate wonder of being in Gods presence, when every nerve in your spirit is alive with power and fire and love..... if you don't have too dirty of a mind, maybe you can relate....

Like I said, its hard to explain, when there is nothing on earth like heaven, except mirrors and similitudes.

16. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Hi Folks!

I've been digging out from the storm; and thinking about some of the questions which have been posed.

I can only speak, (testify), of my own relationship with the Lord; and yes, He does speak to me, as He does many of my brothers and sisters in Christ. That is what our relationship is to Him is all about when we profess to be Christians.

Agreed, if we are followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, then our lives will change not just for the benefit of ourselves alone, but also for our neighbors as well.

To Mirza, it is called faith. It is the hope of things not yet seen.

It is a belief in a promise, or a trust in a promise.

A promise "is an agreement to do or not to do something."
    A promise is also "to give a basis for expecting".

From Webster's New World Compact School & Office Dictionary

The old saying goes: you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar is so true.

God's promise to the Jew was to send a Messiah. This Messiah would bring about "new kingdom." But it would not only be for the Jew, but also for the Gentile. (Anyone who was not a Jew.)

This "new kingdom" would be the rule and reign of God in a person's life. BUT it would not be a "physical kingdom" such as we know "kingdoms" to exist in the world today.

It would be a "kingdom" where the "rule and reign" of God, and "His Word" would reside in a person's "heart" or "spirit". Now when I say "spirit" I mean, not a ghostly type of thing, I mean one of heart, like when you see a cheerleader cheering on a team to win the game.

It in essence is the "spirit" of the matter.

You cannot see one's "spirit" or "heart" so to speak, but you can absolutely know a person's "spirit" or "heart" by their behavior, actions, and words.

When God created man and woman in His image, their very spirit was much like His, until the woman was deceived by the serpent or Satan, and the man disobeyed when both partook of the forbidden fruit. In that way, their "spirit" or "heart" was no longer like/similar to the "spirit" or "heart" of God, although they were still a reflection of Him in the flesh/body.

As a result of their deception and disobedience on both parties, not only did they believed a lie when they partook of the forbidden fruit, as a result, they chose to obey the evil one rather than God.

Their deception and disobedience resulted in a "parting of the ways" as one might put it. So man and woman were no longer of the "same spirit" or "heart" as God. They no longer had His "type of nature".

It was very unfortunate, but they took on the "spirit", "the heart", "the very nature", of the evil one, Satan. Satan is by biblical definition: The Father of Lies, The Killer, The Robber, The Thief, The Destroyer, and The Accuser of Mankind.

Thus this is known as "man's fall from Grace". In other words, neither the man nor the woman were able "to be expression or reflection" (which is another definition for grace), of God's beauty or goodness or love.

Along with man and woman's fall from grace, they now came under the rule, (the kingdom) of the evil one, Satan; and so took upon them the very nature of the one whose rule they were under.

The authority God gave to man to rule subdue and rule the earth had been passed on to the evil one, Satan, because of the woman's deception, and the man's disobedience. (Eve was deceived, Adam disobeyed.)

Because of their fall from grace, the whole seed of mankind would bare the "nature" of the evil one, Satan.
    This is what is called "the sin nature." Since the fall of Adam and Eve, every person born, would have the "sin nature" residing in them.

The Lord God drove the man and the woman from the Garden of Eden and place angels with swords of flaming fire to guard and prevent them from eating from The Tree of Life. For what would happen now that man and woman had fallen from grace, and every form of disease and sickness come upon their bodies and they should live forever? That is a fate worse than anything.

As a result of their sin, all of mankind would be separated from God. This is why it is often said in the bible that your sin(s) have separated you from God. You are not only separated in nature but also from His presence.

God is a Holy God. He is without sin. But Holy also means that God is a God Who is whole in every aspect. He is lacking nothing. So when it is said, "Be ye Holy as I am Holy", God not only wants man to reflect His nature, He also wants man to be lacking in nothing. He wants man to be complete. And without God, man is lacking and he is incomplete.

That is why God is everything that man could every possibly need or want. It is said, "seek ye first the kingdom, (rule or reign), of God, (in one's life), and all these things shall be added unto you." So when you whole heartedly seek after the kingdom of God, God promises that the things you need and some of those that you desire, He will give you.

Nothing would ever change this "sin nature" unless God did something about it.

But God in His mercy and love for all of mankind did do something about this situation. He was going to "redeem", (get back, buy, or recover), for man and woman, the ability to be able to "be the reflection, expression of God's beauty, goodness, and love.

God, Himself, would be the "redeemer" of all mankind. It was His purpose and intent to do this because He loved His creation; but most of all He loved the fellowship that He had with the man and the woman.

God for a time being gave up His Glory in heaven, and was born of the virgin Mary, as a baby boy named Jesus as was foretold thousands of years before the event took place. (In God's own time.)

It was God's purpose that Jesus, would be the sacrifical lamb to be slain for not only Adam and Eve's sin, but for all sin of all mankind, past, present, and future.

Jesus had to fulfill all the laws of God, and there were plenty; and yet not sin if He was to be the sacrifical lamb. While He lived on the earth, He had 12 disciples, with whom He taught the things of God. Some of those things they couldn't understand but they kept them in their hearts until the understanding would be made known at a later date. Other things were made plain and they could grasp them. Two of the most important things Jesus show His disciples were being baptized and celebrating the Passover, known as the Last Supper.

The baptism, (symbolic of a baby being bought forth from it's mother's womb), was "the new birth."

In essence this is the "seed" of God, His very likeness/reflection/nature would be bought forth in the life of the "disciple" or "believer" in Christ Jesus.

The Last Supper which is now celebrated as "The Lord's Supper" or "Communion" signifies exactly what took place, and the significance of it's meaning to all believers.

The plan of the Father was that Jesus would bear all sin for all time for all mankind; then He would be crucified, and the payment for sin would be satisfied.

God has made it known that He has already paid for each man's sins by the shed of blood of His Son Jesus when He died on the cross.

The only thing we need to do to receive this precious gift is to accept it. Then be baptized in water for the remission of sin, and to confess Jesus as Savior and Lord.

Now when one partakes of "The Lord's Supper" or "Communion" the Lord admonishes us to do this in remembrance of Him. Everytime we partake of "The Lord's Supper" or "Communion" we are standing in agreement with God that we are sinners that have been "redeemed" or "recovered" or "saved" by the shed blood of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Now the Holy Spirit came to disciples after the crucifixion, death, and ressurection of Jesus Christ. Jesus after He died, and rose again on the 3rd day, told the Mary, a disciple that He must ascend to the Father to make atonement for all of mankind's sins; and then He would return. But they would need to go to Jerusalem and wait until the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit would come and fill them with power. Then they would be a witness to all that Jesus had done for them and why He did it.

And so it happened as Jesus said it would. He ascended to the Father, made atonement for mankind's sins.
    He came back and showed Himself to the disciples by cooking an oceanside breakfast for them. And after spending 40 days with them once again on the face of the earth, ascended to heaven. Then the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples 50 days later in the city of Jerusalem. They were filled with the power of the Holy Spirit and went about doing good works and testifying of Jesus all that He had done for mankind.

Jesus also expounded unto His disciples that He would one day return, so that where He is that all His disciples could be also.

"In My Father's House are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for you so that where I am, you also may be. If this were not so, I would not have told you."

In this place, there will only be people who want to be with God and who will do His bidding, and live under His rule and reign. That is why Jesus told Pilate, "My Kingdom is not of this world." It is not a worldly kingdom but a heavenly one.

But there is one stipulation to be a part of that Kingdom, and that's to do it God's way.

No one can come to God, the Father, except through Jesus the Son. He who has the Son, has eternal Life, He who does not have the Son, does not have Eternal life. So one must "receive" Jesus as Savior and Lord.

When we partake of the "Lord's Supper" or "Communion" we are agreeing with God that we are sinners who are "redeemed" or "saved" not by what we did, but only by the shed blood of His Son, Jesus.

Nothing, goods deeds or otherwise, will wipe away our sins; nor bring us into the presence of a Holy God.

There use to be many sacrifical offerings by the Jews on behalf of their sins; 3 times daily. But God decided to do away with the daily sacrifice because they were only a shadow or a type of the true sacrifice which would come, once for all time: Jesus.

However, the Jews with coming back to Israel will set up a new temple. According to biblical prophecy, it will be built when a peace treaty has been signed. Until a peace treaty has been signed, the temple will not be built.

Once the peace treaty has been sign, and the temple rebulit, the Jews will be offering sacrifices again. But these Jews will be deceived, because the ultimate and final sacrifice has been made through Jesus.

There are some Jews today, who believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior. They are known as "Completed Jews." There are many of them not only here in the United States but the world over.

Why will the other Jews be deceived? Because they are still waiting for the Messiah to come and they will be deceived just like Eve was. They will believe a Lie. Because the evil one, Satan will inhabit a man who says that he is God, and will set himself upon the throne in the new temple which has been set up and reserved for God Himself. But these Jews will not be the only ones deceived. The others who do not believe will also be deceived.

The body of "believers" will be snatched away by the Lord Himself, because what happens next is what is known as "The Day of God's Wrath" will be poured out on earth upon the remaining people.

"The Day of God's Wrath" is not for the believer but for the unbeliever.

"The Day of Judgment" is not for the believer but for the unbeliever.

The believer has judged himself, standing in agreement with God about his sins, he accepted God's payment for his sins through the shed blood Jesus Christ is Son, and has passed from judgment into life.

But for the unbeliever, he faces judgment before God. And since he has not agreed with God about his sin nor will he accept the shed blood of Jesus on the cross as payment for his sins, with what will he make payment for his sins? He has nothing. He doesn't belong to himself, he thinks he does, but that is where the devil has deceived him. The devil owns him. And since the man will not accept payment of the shed blood of Christ for his sins, he faces judgment and the penalty is death.

Not just any death, but the 2nd death which is the lake of fire reserved for Satan, himself, and all those who refused to accept God's way of mercy instead of judgment.

And so by words a man will be judged, and not those of anyone else.

First 6, man gives no thought to God, and is not sealed with the Holy Spirit; for a man who does not give himself willingly to the Lord has no mark but the mark of the beast: 666

Second 6, the witness and testimony; in court one must have a witness and testimony, so since man does not accept payment for his sins, he is standing in agreement with the devil that God cannot keep His promise and cannot save him from hell

Third 6, and so by his own words, and testimony a man not only judges himself but also condemns himself

There is no other place for that man to go but to the lake of fire which was never intended for man but for the devil and his cohorts.

If you don't want to be in heaven, there is not much choice. left.

I say this not to condemn but that you might believe in Jesus Christ as the only way.

666 is both a physical and a spiritual mark

17. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You never have a way of knowing if your decieved and if the other is real until you have an "experience"... true there are many things on faith and God "requires" faith.
    But even though he "required" faith for the children of Israel to find the promise land, He still gave them miracles..a burning bush by night and cloud by day, he opened the red sea, gave them supernatural heath so that they didn't get sick, nor did the clothes wear off.

But we are poor receptacles for faith.... we leak it out very easy.

Without an occasional glimse, its hard for faith to have something to hold to.

You can't have "faith" in your instruments in a plane, unless you have first seen them work reliably.

You can't have faith in your spouse, unless you have had intimate times together where you are bonded and you "know" things you love is sure that will carry you through the times when you don't. "Happy Valentines!"

Its relationship..... in any relationship, faith is required.... but if its a true relationship.. buy the nature of the word itself..it means that both parties "relate" to and "exchange" to and from each other.

God will not hold your hand 24/7, he will expect you to trust his word and have faith that what he said will be accomplished, but on the other hand, if you "never" see Gods prescense and "never" feel him and "never" see his hand at work, then you have an excellent point.. you could be living a lie such as those who follow the Koran.

My hat is off to those who Follow the faith of God without ever experienceing his presence... it makes me too wonder if they know anything at all and are not just following a form and ritual they have been taught to follow. I'm sorry to say they don't have a relationship, since they don't know him and can't hear his voice.

(John 10:27 KJV) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

It must be reality at some point or its not real.

(Rev 3:20 KJV) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
    (Rev 3:21 KJV) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
    (Rev 3:22 KJV) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Because Jesus is not longer walking in the flesh, he now can live in each of our hearts through the Holy Spirit... but there will be times of wondering if he really exists when you are in a dry time, and then there will be other times when you know that you know he is real and wonder how you could have ever doubted!

This next scripture shows how there are times of testing where faith in Gods word is the only thing that carries you.

(Mark 2:19 KJV) And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.
    (Mark 2:20 KJV) But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.

And then there are other times where the experience is obviously real.
    (Rom 15:13 KJV) Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

(2 Pet 1:10 KJV) Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Sometimes your walking in the spirit and all things are opened up to you and its so easy, othertimes the Holy Spirit will lead you to the desert to be tempted.... God is still with you.

(Mat 4:1 KJV) Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

18. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What's the saying?

I believe in God. It's his followers that scare the hell out of me.

19. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Withersea, what is it about them that scares you?

20. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Feb 2 2007, 11:02 AM) [snapback]384373[/snapback]</div>

See above.

Also people who hear voices talk to them and slap people on the forehead while screaming to heal others of life threatening diseases kinda scares me a little bit. Or it could be the snake handlers. Pat Robertson's claim of leg pressing 2,000 lbs? Oral Roberts antics and wild claims. Jimmy Swaggart sex scandals. Jim Bakker sex scandals. Catholic priests pedophilia to name a few scary things.