1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Down to the Rapture

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Enemy du jour

<strike> COMMUNISTS</strike>
    <strike>PEOPLE OF COLOR </strike>
    <strike> LIBERALS</strike>
    <strike> THE POOR</strike>
    <strike>GAYS </strike>
    <strike> NON CHRISTIANS</strike>
    <strike> DEMOCRATS</strike>
    <strike> AXIS OF EVIL</strike>
    <strike> US CONSTITUTIONALISTS</strike>
    <strike> OBL</strike>
    <strike>IRAQ </strike>
    <strike> ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS</strike>
    <strike> PEOPLE WHO THINK FOR THEMSELVES</strike>
    <strike> THE WHOLE MIDDLE CLASS</strike>
    IRAN!!!

Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter, "Tomorrow is another day!"

2. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Feb 1 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]383979[/snapback]</div>
    If they were scared of us, they'd do what the international community is telling them to do - stop their nuke development. Then we'd go away, they know that. No, they're either scared of their neighbors (Iran, Pakistan, Israel), want to use it for religious-based terrorism (possibly Iran again) and/or want their peers to be impressed with their capabilities (N.Korea). That's why N.K. keeps going ahead despite their poverty and famines, and spurning multi-nation talks - if they get into one-on-one talks with the U.S. that gives Kim a lot of stature back home - he'll tell his helpless subjects that this proves their little country is as important as the biggest economy in the world.

It's kinda like somebody telling people he should be banned from the message board, and even putting that on his avatar, even when he hasn't been banned. I guess it's a way of making him feel important.

3. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    In a twinkling of an eye,,,yeah, that is what the Bible says, so, if George is standing on a hill, watching it, then he should be afraid...

If you buy all that. Me? I think the Bible is filled with wonderful 'pictures', to draw us a sort of picture of what is to come, but is open to each individuals interpretation.

What bothers me about W, is that he thinks what he is doing is supported by the majority of the USA, which I seriously doubt.

And, since he has worded it so very carefully, that if we would attack Iran, that we would be only doing it in defence of our troops, he already is set for it.

It's not a matter of if he's doing it, it's a matter of when he does it.

Here's a question: What if 'Free and Independent Iraq' was to suddenly form an alliance with Iran? What would the US do then? The mind boggles at the idea. But what if?

4. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nerfer @ Feb 1 2007, 03:55 PM) [snapback]384007[/snapback]</div>
    More foolishness...

...and what, exactly did the international community do to prevent from US troops marching into Iraq/Afghanistan?

ZIP.

So suddenly they're going to abide by what the "international community" suggests out of "fear" of the U.S.? :lol:

Ok, let me put it another way, upon entering prison, what do you do?

Pick out the biggest, baddest thug, and try to beat him down for respect. This, is amongst the lines of what they're doing since they now realize (or have long realized), the 'international community' isn't going to do SQUAT if the US suddenly decides to march into (insert saber-rattling country here). They can either do one of two things: bow their heads down or stand up and make a showing of how if the US tries this with US, we're going to smack their candy asses with one million soldiers and nukes you never knew we had!

but hey, believe what you want, I really don't care...

5. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nerfer @ Feb 1 2007, 02:55 PM) [snapback]384007[/snapback]</div>
    Negative attention is better than none.

6. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Feb 1 2007, 03:24 PM) [snapback]384029[/snapback]</div>
    This belief lends itself to behavioral disorders. Start trying to seek out positive reinforcement to recondition yourself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 1 2007, 03:08 PM) [snapback]384017[/snapback]</div>
    I heard this all the way to work on NPR this morning. The administration is blaming Iran for the failures in Iraq and accusing them of supporting insurgents.

7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SSimon @ Feb 1 2007, 03:33 PM) [snapback]384036[/snapback]</div>
    That's good advice, SSimon. But I was referring to nerfer's observation of Squid's attention-seeking antics. It's not a belief I hold personally. Sorry if my sarcasm is a little obtuse today.

8. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Feb 1 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]384039[/snapback]</div>
    I'm cracking up. I thought it was Squid that was saying negative attention is better than none! Subliminal conditioning must've altered my thought process. Ignore my post Hyo.

9. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Im too lazy to re-type everything so Ill just reply in blue:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 1 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]383954[/snapback]</div>
    I do want to thank everyone else that looked much deeper past my statment and cast your own judgment on my human shield statment, & added your own replies. You may also notice I did not say any derogetory or belittling remarks to livelychick in this or my first statement. B)

I also would like to appologize to the OP for breifly leaning off topic. I will now leave the thread! B)
    ;)

10. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Feb 2 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]384600[/snapback]</div>
    I would like to see some proof that this is a dress rehearsal. Just one small bit of proof. Our time on this earth is just that. We should make the best of it. The grass may not be greener on the other side. I guess all who have died know the answer...but they are not talking. My point of view is that death is just like it was before you were born...nothing. That is a very hard concept for man to grasp. The Egyptians built vast pyramids to try to beat death. It did not work for them either. ;)

11. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 1 2007, 08:46 PM) [snapback]384162[/snapback]</div>

Really? Huh. My ideals (based on Christ's teachings), that we should be getting along with everyone, or at least try? I may be not the best leader in that regard, but I do try to...I fail sometimes, but I do try.

My belief that Christ was real? That He was The Son Of God? That He died for our sins? That He rose on the third day? That He was a man of peace? Which of those beliefs, as a CHRISTIAN, don't you believe in?

One day, Christ was walking along. He stopped, bent over, and adjusted his sandals. At that time, this group of men came up to him, dragging a woman, who had been beaten, and was bleeding.

They stopped, and asked him, 'We found this whore sleeping around; should we not stone her to death?'

Christ started to write in the sand. Some say, He was writing down the sins of each man there. Finally, He looked up, and said to them, 'Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.'

Slowly, surely, each man dropped their rocks, and left. After a whole, the woman looked at Christ, and asked Him, 'What happened here? What should I do? '

Christ looked up, squinting in the noon day sun, and said to the woman, 'Are any of those men who accuse you, still here?'

She looked around. 'No, no they are not...'

Christ stood up, dusted His hands, and said to her, 'Then I don't see any reason for you to be here. Go; sin no more.'

With that, the woman ran away. Christ then resumed His journey.

The meaning of this, is when someone accuses someone of some wrong, some unjust action, they better be free of their own transgressions, unless they want to be put through the same thing.

So when someone doesn't like my views on Christianity, that's fine. But it will invite scrutiny of their view on Christianity.

That's all I'm saying.

12. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 2 2007, 05:59 AM) [snapback]384324[/snapback]</div>
    I believe in the bold , But on other posts you have posted on there where a few views I didnt see the same as you, but thats our right even if we dont see the same thing as a whole.

This quote was a bating quote
    Bating my views against another in order to incite others mentioned to get them angry with whatever my response would be. I guess in the short of it she wanted others to to be angry with me also, But most here have ignored the side rantings which shows they are better people than the three of us, (PG,LC&JD).

On topic I really thought the Rapture picture was quite funny.

13. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Jan 31 2007, 08:27 AM) [snapback]383294[/snapback]</div>
    Of course there is always the alternative Bubba plan which was too do nothing and it instill so much fear and respect that it caused them to hijacked 4 jets and fly them into the WTC, Pentagon and the ground. That was an effective plan don't you think? <_< [attachmentid=6426]

Wildkow

Attached Files:

14. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

They're still working on the architectual drawings, they should be out one day soon.

The project plan is a huge parking lot. Enough to park one US military vehicle in one 1x1 mile parking spot.

The parking lot needs to adhere to the new "Global Warming Initiative" guidelines and not create heat, but be a zero impact project. Therefore, rather than pavement, the surface will be made of glass. Sand is cheap, so the project can stay in budget. Part of the suns rays are absorbed in the glass, some are reflected back out to give a zero thermal impact over the years.

In order to park the thousands of vehicles, we need thousands of square miles. The paving project is so huge that we may need to subcontract out some of the early phases and I hear that Isreal is currently the winning bidder.

No plans have been made final, but the area selected is centered around Tehran. The Sea of Glass will replace the city and hundreds of miles of sand and rock surrounding.

:lol:

15. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 2 2007, 05:59 AM) [snapback]384324[/snapback]</div>
    And, btw, TJ, I sincerely apologize for mentioning you in my rant. You are the first Christian I've had the pleasure of dealing with in a long time who seems to truly attempt to follow Christ's life and teachings. This may seem a surprise to you, but you've reaffirmed my faith in folks that call themselves Christ's followers.

I'm still a secular humanist (who studies ALL religions), but I truly respect your views and your faith. Thank you for that.

16. jtmhog

jtmhog Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Feb 1 2007, 01:22 PM) [snapback]383979[/snapback]</div>
    Iran wants nukes--I say nuke em. Those carriers carry nukes. NUKE EM GEORGE!!!!!

17. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sadly, the many religions in the world today seem to be about war more than anything else. Love your bretheren. Unless of course they believe something different than what you do. Then you convert them or kill them. Sad, sad, sad.

18. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Feb 2 2007, 10:02 AM) [snapback]384373[/snapback]</div>
    I was brought up in a Baptist church "I was forced to go from the ages of 6 to 17. then I quit going . then when I was 20 I decided to see what the other churches where about. In the end I found a non-denominational church to attend, I go almost every sun.

Withersea~
    Your statement is true all the churches I attended had something bad to say about the other except for the last one. I do not impose my religious beliefs on anyone, if they want to know how to be born again I will tell them other wise mums the word....

Cool it seems that as posted in other threads everyone has something they believe in.
    Please remember that secular is not the same as Scientology I have heard some say they are the same in some churches.. :huh:

19. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 1 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]383954[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm...I don't think so, you must have misunderstood, and that's definitely not a picture from any of our literature. As someone else said, the word "rapture" isn't even in the Bible, and it seems that there are many different takes on it, depending who you talk to. The entire "rapture" concept is based around ONE scripture in 1 Thessalonians chapter 4, where Paul is actually reassuring his fellow believers that their brothers who had died would one day experience a resurrection similar to that of Jesus Christ. (read the context)
    Jesus himself said that his followers would still be on earth during the "great tribulation", experiencing the same hardships as everyone else:
    Matt. 24:21, 22: “Then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.†Notice that this does not say that “the chosen ones†will all have been taken to heaven before the great tribulation, does it? Rather, it holds out the prospect to them of surviving that great tribulation on earth.

As I've stated on here several times, the hope of the vast majority of Jehovah's Witnesses is to live forever on earth, not heaven:
    Matt. 5:5, RS: “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.â€

Ps. 37:29, RS: “The righteous shall possess the land [“earth,†Ro, NW], and dwell upon it for ever.â€

Also, the Bible clearly states that flesh and blood cannot enter heaven.
    1 Cor. 15:50, RS: “I tell you this, brethren: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.â€

I might note that Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe that some man, like President Bush, can/will bring on Armageddon, or that it will be a literal war in the Middle East.

20. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keydiver @ Feb 2 2007, 12:34 PM) [snapback]384449[/snapback]</div>
    No, I didn't misunderstand. The picture itself was the same, it just didn't have GWB's face PhotoShopped on it. It was just a regular man looking over the same scene, and it was given to me a few years back, included in several brochures that the aforementioned visitor brought with her.

Thanks for giving some of your perspective!