1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Down to the Rapture

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 17 2007, 03:00 AM) [snapback]391914[/snapback]</div>
    You hate homosexuals.
    You think most of those opposed to you of lesser then average intelligence.
    You belittle others.
    You trample what Christ taught at every turn.
    You refuse to answer the questions of inconsistency of the Bible, that has plagued your arguments.
    You then publish a post that essentially throws out 'shout outs' to those who you agreed with, while once again throwing dirt on those you disagree with.

Wow.

Well, if that is truly your last post on this thread, then it has indeed been an education to me.

It has taught me why so many people don't like Christians, if you do indeed represent them.

It has taught me that despite the light switch on the wall, with a sign, an arrow, and a instruction manual, you still can't figure out how to turn on the light.

It has taught me that I am in the minority when it comes to me and my type of 'Christianity' and that I am better off for it.

Sorry. Don't mean to sound bitter; when in actuallity, it has been very enriching, this experience. I have learned some lessons that I will carry with me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 17 2007, 05:19 AM) [snapback]391944[/snapback]</div>
    As for the others not mentioned by you, are we to take it to mean, 'screw you hippies; if you don't get it, no prayers for you!', is that what you mean? No prayers for the wicked then?

Really. An eye opening experience.

2. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 16 2007, 03:24 PM) [snapback]391675[/snapback]</div>
    Your actions speak louder than your words. You are not CHRISTIAN.

3. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Sorry, Wingstrings, about my last post, it was referring to the quote by Miraz, not you.
    I am not quite sure how to use the quote thingy but I will try next time.

But it explains a lot when he says that he has an education in pyschology.

Of course, God's counsel.

4. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 17 2007, 02:31 AM) [snapback]391946[/snapback]</div>
    You always take it personal... I would like to finalize myself before leaving.. but it may be necessary to simply leave misunderstood.

You attach so much identity to your sin, you feel you "are" your sin, so that if your sin is attacked, you are too?

I don't know if your homesexual, or merely support them, But Gods "hates" sin... it blocks him from this children and the ability to get through to them.

So many of us want to whitewash and still our heads in the sand concerning who we associate with.
    Hollywood supports homosexualism, lesbianism and soom to be other horendous sins.

Homesexualism takes away the role of the man and the father from a protector and lover of the weak "As our Father God", to a infeminate helpless little excuse of existence thats afraid to confont or challenge the devils in this life. He tramples underfoot all the authority God gave him to to carry dominion.

I"m sorry you can't see whats wrong with the sin.

We never want to "really know" what they do, but its ok to play volleyball with them and joke with them and go to work.... all the while assuming they are normal.
    Yes, they are indeed people too, they are not "gay" people but very sad and hurt, twisted and wounded.
    They have adopted an alternative livestyle that is at best a "freak" of nature as it cannot procreate to continue the species.
    In other words.. if everyone on the planet were Gay, life would stop as no one could procreate, so they have to break thier own rule and have sex with the opposite sex to even do that.
    Its a perversion from the original.

Mirza.. I hope that scripture I gave you answered some questions.... but you must be of the same spirit to know what another spirit is like. Your spirit is the real you...and your identity is your spirit combined with Gods breath.. that makes you a soul.......not your fleshly body.

If you want to know yourself, you have to be in touch with your own spirit.... Is the spirit of a man thats the inward candle of the Lord.
    (Prov 20:27 KJV) The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Likewise if you want to know the what Good is verses evil, you must have that spirit within you thats the author of good....
    Without the spirit of truth, truth is only a fairy tale and can't be manifested are real in your life.

Without Gods spirit in you, you cannot properly discern good and evil.. your sense of justice if off and your measurement for good is based on your own values system rather than the Creator that made you. His value system is perfect.. thats why those who are pure in concious still have the ablity to know good and bad.

Some have considered the sex crimes etc of others and have made statements of "how they just could not understand" how someone could do something like that?

There are many varied spirits loose in these last days.... Men have taken on spirits that are not of God and are evil.... the personalities of those spirits so overlay the spirit of man that it takes authority and takes authority over them and mask itself as the spirit of that man.
    There are 3 levels of influence....
    1. Oppressed.... christians too are subject to this that are under the protection of the HolySpirit if they don't know how to fight it.
    2. Obsession.... Christian who are oppressed unrelenting without ever letting up fall into this.... they are loosing the battle and are consumed.
    3. Possession.... Holy Spirit filled christians are protected from this.. but the above two levels can make you "feel" like your possessed, but a christian "always" has authority to cast out the devil and the choice to do so if they get fed up enough.

True possession is true "bondage".
    You are not in "bondage" if you can break free should you choose to. Even your person is hidden in the background in a dungeon while the evil spirit maskarades as you.
    True bondage means you are entrapped and in control by another entity. You need deliverance by another who is stronger than you and the "strongman" (evil spirit that has authority and has let all the othere "lesser" spirits in) which controls you.

Homesexuals who feel they have no control and this is just the way they are, have surrendered to an infeminine spirit.

(Rom 1:21 KJV) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    (Rom 1:22 KJV) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

(Rom 1:23 KJV) And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
    (Rom 1:24 KJV) Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
    (Rom 1:25 KJV) Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
    (Rom 1:26 KJV) For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    (Rom 1:27 KJV) And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
    (Rom 1:28 KJV) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Does this mean God hates them?.. or thier sin?
    (Rom 1:29 KJV) Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
    (Rom 1:30 KJV) Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
    (Rom 1:31 KJV) Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
    (Rom 1:32 KJV) Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

(Prov 8:13 KJV) The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

(Jer 44:4 KJV) Howbeit I sent unto you all my servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh, do not this abominable thing that I hate.
    (Jer 44:5 KJV) But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear to turn from their wickedness, to burn no incense unto other gods.

I"m sure you still think
    I'm sorry, I can't make it any clearer..... Christ is of his Father and his works is what he does.

5. Mirza

Mirza New Member

Genesis 19:5-8:
    They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so
    that we can have sex with them."
    Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing. Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof."

6. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 17 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]391999[/snapback]</div>
    Ha, now you are truly spinning out there, lost in your mind. For the record, I am not homosexual. However, I have friends that are. And are Christians at that.

See, CHRIST never said ANYTHING negative about HOMOSEXUALITY. He actually said negative things about DIVORCE, but the modern uptight 'Christian' would rather take a one line from the OLD TESTAMENT, that recent studies PROVE was not even in the original translations, and use that as a weapon against what they see as a perversion.

What is sin? Sin is everything that is not pure to God. However, CHRIST died for ALL SINS. Not just the ones of the chosen; ALL.

You can quote the Bible all day. You can believe since 1975. You can think I am homosexual, because as other 'Christians', that know me in the real world, know I am married without (and have no desire for), children, so I must be gay (yeah, I have had that thrown at me)...

I am a Preacher who not only rattles the cages here online, but also in the real world. And I have Pastors on my side as well. SO I am not alone in this.

You go on, hate. Cover your hate, wrap it up with the Bible, feel all snugly and warm, content that you are correct.

I can't, nor will I ever, change your mind. The only one that will ever change your mind is you.

7. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Boy! The delusion-meter has been running high in this thread. Let's take it back a little. This is a small challenge that posed a while ago that the delusioneers have not met.

What in all those ramblings about religion or god, has been elucidated from the natural world? Is it possible its all in your head? Is it possible the whole bible is a work of fantasy?

If you are brave consider this for a minute. Face the universe the way it really is. It will set you free.

This chart best explains my position:

[​IMG]

PS: Don't bother posting bible quotes or illogical non-sequitors. I would appreciate if you try to engage my questions logically.

8. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Feb 17 2007, 11:10 AM) [snapback]392016[/snapback]</div>
    Spock missed many things in life because he was vulcan only of logic.... the humans around him had to enlighten him on many things.... although logic has its place and with ultra perception and intelligence can be useful.. in the spritual word it is a waste unless you understand spritual laws and precepts, then logic can work again.....

but you don't even have the building blocks to do that... so don't bother wishing to.

I"m glad you piped in Alric... I thought you had left.

I challenge you to start seeing past your logic into the hearts of people.

Your logic will never teach you the inner workings or a woman.. or a man for that matter.... let alone God and creation....

Although God works off of order and structure, he also is not limited to the "order" you understand.

Remember he set up all the order you see in the first place for his own pleasure and purposes.

Your mind is a poor tool to understand what i've been talking about... and its more than faith too.. its experience too....

Just like any healthy relationship is more than faith and logic...it takes bonding and experience together to know the heart of each other... a touching of spirits.

I have gone out of my way to really try to explain allot to you, but its gone way over your head.

I"m not talking "down" to you to make your feel inferior, I'm merely telling you there is "allot" you don't see and miss....

I encourage you to copy all my posts in this thread and ask God to give you revelation... then give yourself one week and go back and read them and see if they all read the same to you.

If that works in the least... do the same with the Bible.

9. Mirza

Mirza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 17 2007, 03:27 PM) [snapback]392080[/snapback]</div>
    Your god let Lot's two daughters get raped by a group of men... so much for "seeing into the hearts of people."

Genesis 19:5-8:
    They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so
    that we can have sex with them."

Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing. Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof."

10. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 17 2007, 04:27 PM) [snapback]392080[/snapback]</div>
    Ok. I am going to do this once. It applies to all the previous post. I will point out what you accept for real in each statement of yours, for which there is no evidence.

"spritual word"
    "spritual laws and precepts"

By the way, Spock was a fictional, unidimensional character.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 17 2007, 04:27 PM) [snapback]392080[/snapback]</div>
    "Hearts of people" is a metaphor for what? Their emotions? Desires?

Logic won't. I have feelings for that.

There is no evidence for "God and Creation"

You or someone else made that up. No evidence for it.

I agree since what you have been talking about has no basis in reality and its delusional.

I think personalities and knowing each other will do fine. No need to invoke a non-existent "spirit" for which there is no evidence

Again. There is nothing to understand in anything you said, except that as a curious individual I am interested in learning what is the source of your delusion, and how we can contain it in order to alleviate much suffering in this world.

11. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 17 2007, 02:00 AM) [snapback]391914[/snapback]</div>
    I've explained a bit to you about my individual approach throughout this thread. So you're perception that I'm so close is solely based on what you've learned about me thus far. I'm really not much different than TJ and the others (you guys will all have to forgive me if I've misinterpreted your philosophies) that you've had such problems with, however. I don't wish to judge others on their sexual preferences, so long as these choices are made between two adults that both consent to the association. I have absolutely no problem when people want to live out their lives in a homosexual relationship. My only problem would come into play when children's lives are touched with this. For instance, if a homosexual couple wanted to raise children. I'm not convinced this is the best arrangement for children. It doesn't, however, mean that I cannot be open minded to individual circumstances. I also wouldn't want my own children (if I had them) open to homosexual public displays of affection. This same statement, however, could carry over to heterosexual public displays of affection as well, so I don't think I'm being particularily prejudicial on this matter.

Also, I believe in a woman's (and man's) right to choose abortion. I don't relish the thought of this but I recognize that short of eliminating rape, incest, the slight percentage of inefficacy of birth control, the unavailability of birth control to many individuals in many nations, the lack of a proper system to provide acceptable care to those children born into the system and rectification of our problems with biological fathers complying with their financial responsibilities, I recognize that abortion serves an necessary function.

So, based on what I've read from you concerning your positions on various matters, it seems I'm a long way from being "so close". And, I'm ok with this. It just means that I'm following my heart and living an accepting, forgiving life. If God chooses to frown upon me on my judgment day for these attributes, so be it.

12. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 17 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]392102[/snapback]</div>

There are things to learn from this exchange, but it isn't that God allowed Lot's daughter's to be raped. The men didn't take Lot up on his offer, and they weren't raped. And, God wasn't involved in the exchange at all. The text doesn't say that God whispered into Lot's ear to offer his daughters.

I see two possible explanations for the issue you raise: one is a fairly modern one that says women were not well regarded in that culture, so the loss of two daughters to a violent, raping mob was less important to Lot than losing honor by allowing his guests to be harmed. That explanation does take into account the important cultural factors of the semitic socities of that day (and later the Prophet's ... didn't he say that men should not bury their daughters alive in the sand if they displeased them, because Allah loves all the children, both boys and girls?)

The other explanation is that Lot knew they weren't into girls; they wanted to rape the men. Offering his daughters was a "safe" way to show the men how much he wanted to protect the visitors. Anyone in the mob, with a tinge of conscience, would think 'Good lord, he's willing to give us his beloved daughters to protect these men? He really means this,' and then say to Lot "OK, I understand. We'll go to the bathhouse and have sex with some willing partners tonight. Tell us if any ballet troupes come into the city, though, will you?"

So which explanation rings the most true to you? Even if you don't accept the validity of the story, the author had a reason to write it, so there is a meaning. What do you think the author was trying to convey?

13. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  14. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 17 2007, 03:34 PM) [snapback]392102[/snapback]</div>
    Common Mirza.. I'm gonna give you the benifit of a doubt and not call you flat out demonic for wanting to twist the scriptures around as assume you just didn't read the next scriptures.. you stopped at verse 8... how come?

Did you think no one would read the rest?.. or are you just stirring contention again?

(Gen 19:9 KJV) And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.

(Gen 19:10 KJV) But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.

(Gen 19:11 KJV) And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.

(Gen 19:12 KJV) And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place:

(Gen 19:13 KJV) For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.

No one was allowed to be raped... true Abraham offered his daughters to be raped "instead of the men that were of God and really Angels" but Abraham is just a man... he feared God enough that he saw no other choice...

Remember, this is the same man that feared God and obeyed his voice enough to almost kill his own son as an offering.....

He is just a man with limited sight...not God.. don't get the two confused.

The Angels were ambassodors of God.. they did not let that happen but smote them all with blindness instead....

I was going to ask you to answer "honestly" whether that was an oversight or whether you were playing games.. but I realized you wouldn't tell the truth anyway.

Maybe you just found what you wanted and stopped there since you thought you had something juicy to accuse God with?

Do you realize what you're doing at all?

Whose side are you on?

Here is is in another version so its easier to read:

(Gen 19:9 NKJV) And they said, "Stand back!" Then they said, "This one came in to stay here, and he keeps acting as a judge; now we will deal worse with you than with them." So they pressed hard against the man Lot, and came near to break down the door.

(Gen 19:10 NKJV) But the men reached out their hands and pulled Lot into the house with them, and shut the door.

(Gen 19:11 NKJV) And they struck the men who were at the doorway of the house with blindness, both small and great, so that they became weary trying to find the door.

(Gen 19:12 NKJV) Then the men said to Lot, "Have you anyone else here? Son-in-law, your sons, your daughters, and whomever you have in the city; take them out of this place!

(Gen 19:13 NKJV) "For we will destroy this place, because the outcry against them has grown great before the face of the LORD, and the LORD has sent us to destroy it."

(Gen 19:14 NKJV) So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who had married his daughters, and said, "Get up, get out of this place; for the LORD will destroy this city!" But to his sons-in-law he seemed to be joking.

Remember Lot wasn't the most spiritual person...neither was his family... nor his wife... Lot is the one that judged after the flesh and chose the green fields to go to rather than what God directed.

(Gen 19:9 NIV) "Get out of our way," they replied. And they said, "This fellow came here as an alien, and now he wants to play the judge! We'll treat you worse than them." They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.

(Gen 19:10 NIV) But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door.

(Gen 19:11 NIV) Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

(Gen 19:12 NIV) The two men said to Lot, "Do you have anyone else here--sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here,

(Gen 19:13 NIV) because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the LORD against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it."

And one more version.... I hate to rub your nose in it, but can you admit you made a boo boo?

(Gen 19:9 NLT) "Stand back!" they shouted. "Who do you think you are? We let you settle among us, and now you are trying to tell us what to do! We'll treat you far worse than those other men!" And they lunged at Lot and began breaking down the door.

(Gen 19:10 NLT) But the two angels reached out and pulled Lot in and bolted the door.

(Gen 19:11 NLT) Then they blinded the men of Sodom so they couldn't find the doorway.

(Gen 19:12 NLT) "Do you have any other relatives here in the city?" the angels asked. "Get them out of this place--sons-in-law, sons, daughters, or anyone else.

(Gen 19:13 NLT) For we will destroy the city completely. The stench of the place has reached the LORD, and he has sent us to destroy it."

(Gen 19:14 NLT) So Lot rushed out to tell his daughters' fiancees, "Quick, get out of the city! The LORD is going to destroy it." But the young men thought he was only joking.

15. Mirza

Mirza New Member

Moral of the story: fundies will do anything for their imaginary friends... one of them who has random, insane spouts of anger.

Look at the type of person your imaginary friend (the angry version) decides to "save."

Yes here's another brilliant moral - you can do anything - incest, whatever - but as long as you're "saved" it's A-ok!

16. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 16 2007, 01:50 PM) [snapback]391655[/snapback]</div>
    What are the Christians calling you? False Preacher is what I say you are.

It might be worth considering that it may be true if all of Gods people are telling you that you ain't one of 'em, and all of the followers of satan think you got game. You got the oil & water thing with the Christians and you fit right in with the people of the antichrist. Says a lot about where you really are.

17. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    my belief is better than your belief.
    neither is based upon any kind of rational thought process, however, mine is inherently better and yours fails to deserve a second thought.
    in my belief, you're going to hell, a place that does not exist in your belief, because you do not follow my belief.
    people who believe anything slightly different than me are bad and are to be treated like s**t, despite the originator of my belief and supposed role model being nice to everyone.
    my belief wants to spread its exclusionist ideals around the world [cough]
    my belief says you're bad simply for not holding my belief so you must be.
    my belief says i'm good simply for holding such belief so i must be.

excuse me while i go throw up.

18. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 18 2007, 02:09 AM) [snapback]392248[/snapback]</div>
    False Preacher would be one thing I have been called by so called 'Christians'. Another would be a nice person licking clown, a penis slurp er, a womanizer, and other wonderful things, from people who don't know me. I have had death threats made to my house, to the point that I had to change numbers...by 'Christians'.

ON THE OTHER HAND, though, some Christian Pastors from churches such as New Life, Vineyard, Baptist, they have not only accepted me, as I am, have worked with me.

For not all Christians are blind and dumb. Some can, and do, accept other ways to think. TO think with our wonderful God given brains.

So, not nearly all of God's people are telling me 'that I ain't one of them'; on the contrary, most are willing, and able, to accept Freedom of Thought.

A concept, that some 'Christians' have decided is not biblical, and thus, they try to put down through a regiment of hate that is filtered through a misinterpretation of what Christ Himself taught.

I do not do this work to convert anyone; far from it. I do it because the promise of Peace that Christ taught, well, it's worthy of sharing. I would rather a 1000 Muslims disagree with me on Christ, then have one of them think I am trying to convert them.

If one is to truly be honest with ones self, then one must be honest to what drives them. I personally choose to follow Christ. But I would not want anyone to do it just because I said so, or a book says so. You have to come to that decision yourself.
    Not because you fear hell, or Satan, or whatever. If you choose to follow Christ, it's because it fits you.

If calling me a 'false preacher' makes you happy, then that is fine. Call me a liar next. And when you are done, spit on my face.
    Your actions, your words, will say more about your true nature, then anything I could say about it.

19. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 18 2007, 02:05 AM) [snapback]392274[/snapback]</div>
    Which is what he doesn't get. He doesn't get that his actions are usually antithetical of his beliefs. Weird that this doesn't resonate with him AT ALL.

Well, I guess, based on his belief system, he'll get his wake-up call on judgment day. Using the same scenario he's used before, so he's there, talking to God, and God says:

"Hey, bro, thanks for telling people you believed in me and my son and all that. It was great that you told people that, and if that belief system made you feel better about yourself, then I was happy to help."

PG04: "Yeah, it truly gave me a center in my life. Found my true North, if you will. So can I come in?"

God: "Uhh...see that's the problem. You said you were a believer and a follower. You even went to church and had a good relationship with your pastor. However, if I may be frank, you were a jerk. You called people names, accused good people of evil deeds, advocated war, and advocated killing. Those behaviors don't support your beliefs. And, apparently you forgot I'm the only one that's allowed to judge--you got above your raisin' on that one. I'm trying to figure out if I should be a forgiving God, or if I should slam the doors shut right now..."

20. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 18 2007, 01:05 AM) [snapback]392274[/snapback]</div>
    If you go on making up your own version of God and Jesus while continuing to do your own edit on God's Word, I suspect you'll find plenty of Christians who are comfortable telling you that you are confused at least, a false preacher if you're certain of what you are saying.

Getting the endorsement of that baptist church only kills their credibility, it does nothing for yours.

You wouldn't want anyone to convert to the Christ you endorse. Your made-up fake Christ has no power over death to offer to anyone you're talking to, so it's probably best the muslims and others you talk to don't get the idea you're trying to convert them. Hopefully those people can meet the real Jesus one day.

I don't think you're lieing so I won't call you a liar. I think you are to a point where you believe what you're saying. I'm not much on spitting and I think distance may be a factor, so all you can get is the false preacher. I could go with false teacher if that rings any better?

You don't get any kind of special treatment on this. Anyone who self identifies as a preacher who's so far off base would hear it from me, so I promise I'm not picking on you and you don't get to claim marytr status for this.

There's nothing wrong with making up your own versions of some religion for your own purposes. If you'd just call your God "The flying Tuna Monster", then there's no need to identify you as a false preacher.... unless the other flying tuna monster followers know that you are off base on the tuna moster faith basics. Name your version of Jesus to be Larry. Then, nobody will feel like you're trying to convert them to belief in Larry and people who are followers of the real Jesus won't have to feel like you're false teaching a bastardised version of Christianity. At very least, stop telling people you are a 'preacher'. Then, you'll just be a very confused individual. There are a lot of those who just need time to figure out the real thing.