1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Down to the Rapture

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 22 2007, 12:19 PM) [snapback]394587[/snapback]</div>
    Once again, the discussion comes back to the argument that you can kill folks, or threaten them with a shotgun, but because you THINK Christ is on your side, you're covered. BUNK! Just because someone says they're sorry does NOT relieve them of their sin, especially if it was a repeat violation.

For me, I know that when I do something that needs forgiving, I ask for forgiveness from the party I've injured. If they won't forgive me, then I try to make amends. If that doesn't work, then I'm sad, but I learn NOT to do whatever it was again, and then I'm covered.

I also forgive those who trespass against me, and don't use a shotgun to express my "forgiveness."

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Even after explaining, you still missed it.... must the that liberal mind of yours that makes it so tough.

Or it could be that you cannot assimilate anything spiritual with only a carnal mind to work with.

We fight not against flesh and blood, but against spirits, principalities in high places etc...

The scripture also says "The Lord is a man of War" and he teaches his children to make war and to fight as its only the violent that can take the kingdom by force.

Put that in your liberal pipe and smoke it!

You really need to get your attention off of me and put it on Christ... I can't save you.. but He can.

3. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 22 2007, 01:29 PM) [snapback]394646[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, man, he already did. 'bout 2000 years ago or so.

And which kingdom is going to need to be taken by force? I dread asking, because you'll probably spew some offpoint scripture again, but I am curious.

Jesus was a liberal/progressive!!! Put that in YOUR pipe and smoke it!

4. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 22 2007, 03:29 PM) [snapback]394646[/snapback]</div>
    Man, you are something. 'Put that in your liberal pipe and smoke it!'
    :blink:

If having a liberal mind means thinking, then thank God for liberal minds.

'Or it could be that you cannot assimilate anything spiritual with only a carnal mind to work with.'

:rolleyes: Sheesh. So, if this is correct, before you were saved, you too, must have a 'carnal mind'. How then, did you ever grasp anything spiritual enough, to know that you needed to be saved?

Oh, and that picture that loveit posted...is that how you two see Christ? As a white guy?

I bet you do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 22 2007, 04:44 PM) [snapback]394708[/snapback]</div>
    Now now..don't lower yourself to his level. He is 'on the dirt, writhing about, with locusts to feed off his flesh.'

Or something equally King James-ish.

5. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 22 2007, 01:49 PM) [snapback]394711[/snapback]</div>

If you research the word liberal in the bible, you will find that it denotes those who cling to what if "vile" and call it "ok".

They are among the judges, and pastors that allow anything without boudaries and pervert whats holy verses whats not.

They have no heart to separate the holy from the vile but want them both....

since they can't make Holy vile, the just make vile holy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 22 2007, 01:44 PM) [snapback]394708[/snapback]</div>

Sorry, livelychick but I can't teach someone with legos how to build a jet... you will have to actually study and read some of the stuff I've already written....

You guys keep asking the same questions over and over and refuse to get it like a child who wants to eat and be spoon fed, but doesn't want what your giving them.

It pretty easy to find a bible... read about it yourself.... you may be surprised what you find.....

If I see your actually researching and still have any questions, I'll be glad to help, but I'm not going to show someone hidden truths who is not seeking in the first place.

They were hidden on purpose so they would only be apparent to those who seeked... Jesus promised is you seek you will find.. but he doesn't want you to have it if you don't want it....

Its not right for the dogs to eat off the masters table, niether is it right for those who seek to undermine God to know his treasures.

The bible is no secret.... try reading it. If you ask God and are hungry and humble, he will teach you.

But you will never seek light, if you love darkness.. only those who hate thier darkness will seek light.

6. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    As a Buddhist, it is contrary to the path of enlightenment to debate and fret over what God, if one exists, wants you to do, its origins, its intentions, anything.

A common misconception that Christians have with Buddhists is that we worship "Buddha" or that we deny the existance of a higher power. Both are false. We do not deny, or admit the existance of a higher power - only that it is likely that one, or many, exist. The fret about such things helps no one and only causes confusion. Acceptance that we do not know or even that it is not plausable for us to even be able to comprehend a higher power is the gist of it.

We don't worship Buddha, Buddha was a man, he never claimed to be divine, the Son of God, or any of that. He was just a man with a desire to help others be happy.

ps - Jesus was brown. :)

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 22 2007, 04:37 PM) [snapback]394856[/snapback]</div>

that makes perfect sense if you really don't "know" and if you don't have a relationship... Jesus said my sheep know my voice and they will follow, it is also talks about being led by, taught by, comforted by and enpowered by the Spirit of God.

A belief system cannot argue with "experience"...

True, you can squabble over unknowns, but when it comes to the known, there is no squabbling.. only denying by those who don't know...those that are "smart" as yourself at least admits the probrability.

Even in days of old, they set up an alter to "the Unknown God" so as to not offend him if they missed him... and the true living God was that "unknown God"....

Yes there are indeed many gods, but only one God.

I guess its all according to how you define it....

Is any entity which has powers beyond our "natural" powers a god?

Doesn't a "god" rule and govern over something or do we live in a comic book where there are tons of unseen gods that work together for good? Who runs the show anyway?

And by definition of God as being the "supreme being".. there is only one...

Anyone whos argues with that will be of the same crowd that believes you can love several different people "the most" and be faithful to them all as "the only one that matters above all".

I appreciate you chiming in.. its good to have another viewpoint... I"m sure there are many who are silent out there and your presence adds color to the mix which is good.. even it its not "brown"! LOL!

We do know Jesus was a Jew.. so most likely he looked like a Jew.. but skin color, length of hair and whether he kept himself bathed is of little merit as its not what goes in a man that defiles him, but what comes out.

John the baptist was labeled the greatest of all prophets.. yet lived in the woods and wore and skin and ate bugs.

The worlds image of what is "holy" is exactly that.. all about image... most don't have a clue...

If fact, its impossible to know what Holy is.. without the "Holy Spirit" within you to bear witness.

8. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You're an interesting character, Windstrings. :)

9. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 22 2007, 09:48 PM) [snapback]394921[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

That is one way to put it...I would say what first came to mind, but then, that would just add fuel to his pyre.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 22 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]394839[/snapback]</div>
    If you read the Bible, then you would know a lot more then you do.

But, then again, you don't really read so much as you swallow what is fed you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 22 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]394839[/snapback]</div>

HMM. Like you do, by perverting what Christ had to say...

As you would,if you did..

Now those who don't agree with you, are dogs, and you are saying that only you (and those like you), can 'eat off the masters table'.

I would rather lie down with the DOGS any day then sit at the table with nits that put down everyone.

Why don't you try reading it, really. But you won't.

You will continue to talk down to those you don't like, or agree with, and you make more enemies out of those who would be allies...oh well.

10. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 22 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]394927[/snapback]</div>
    At first glance "Oh pot to kettle" ;)

11. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 22 2007, 11:44 AM) [snapback]394708[/snapback]</div>
    You must be joking; Jesus was a conservative/traditionalist and believed every word of the scriptures.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfil.

The Law and the prophets are testified too in the Bible would Jesus come to earth to sacfrice himself for our salvation if the book was only 40% correct? He came to turn back the hand of the liberal/progressives from the notion of works to the teachings of faith and justification through Jesus, as accounted and testified to in the Bible. The religious elites (Pharisees & Sadducees) had gone so far a field that they thought they could earn salvation and taught that through works and good behavior they could earn salvation. Much the same is being taught today by the liberal/progressives. Jesus taught them that this was not the way. It could only be by faith and belief in Jesus, the only means of salvation.

Rom 4:2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not toward God.
    Rom 4:3 For what saith the scripture? And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned unto him for righteousness.
    Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh, the reward is not reckoned as of grace, but as of debt.
    Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is reckoned for righteousness.

As we see above in Paul's view on faith and justification even in the Old Testament times was salvation by faith in Jesus and the shedding of His blood. Not through sacrifices, or good deeds or good behavior.

God Bless

Wildkow

12. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 22 2007, 10:43 PM) [snapback]394953[/snapback]</div>

Yeah, yeah, we are black.

You two get the worse of me. You two are arrogant, selfish, and so sure you are right, that it drives me past the point that I like to be pushed.

You speak as if you have read the Bible, yet, you don't get the point of Christ. HE would not have tried to convince anyone that HE was correct.

As He hung there on the cross, and that other criminal derided him, put him down, not at one point did Christ tell that guy he was wrong. He could have, but He did not.

You and windy, you just slam everyone over the head, you call who you don't like 'liberal'...would it surprise you that I vote Republican? That I voted for that twit Bush? Once, I did. But then I got smart, and voted for Kerry.

As a Republican, I voted for Clinton. Twice. The point, that I am trying to make, is that one can be a Christan, and question things. It does not make you any less of a Christian. Just like I can be a Republican, a Republican like Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt...and vote outside the party...It does not make me any less of a Republican.

The challenge is to think. To open ones mind. If one still comes back to the Bible is 100% correct, then fine for you. But why try to force your views onto others? Why not let others think for themselves?

Maybe I am the pot...Maybe I am the kettle. But at least I know I am one or the other.

Do you?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Feb 22 2007, 11:17 PM) [snapback]394973[/snapback]</div>

You must be joking. He was the biggest liberal mind of His time. He questioned the authority of the time.

He was not a conformist.

But whatever.

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 22 2007, 09:06 PM) [snapback]394986[/snapback]</div>
    Jesus honored authority and even taught to obey the laws of the land and to rend to Caesar that which is Caesar's.....

What he questioned was false truths, misconstrued doctrines, and lies within.

He actually rarely debated with non-believers as we are doing here.... He realized that until a heart is prepared it cannot comprehend the things of God. His beef was with the established church that misrepresented his Fathers words.

The danger of trying to share truths of scripture with people who have no heart for it, is they only get condemned and take things personally as they defend thier identity.

Christ spent his effort on those to whom reached out in faith and whos heart were prepared to recieve truth.

The world didn't argue with him when he was teaching.... and if they did, he avoided them.
    Thats whats giving meat to dogs means... or throwing pearls before swine...... the words sound harse but it was part of the Jewish language back then... anyone not of the chosen nation was considered a dog...similiar to how the "counterfiet Koran" considers all non believers "dogs".

Don't take it personal... you not a dog.. but when speaking spiritually... that changes things.

He did spend time in the synagogue trying to relate truth to the scribes, but he did not share things of heaven with those who could not comprehend things of the earth.

You don't get a majic badge to be able to hear God... but when you openly accept him into your heart and recieve his spirit, you are like a baby with new ears, new eyes and a new brain to comprehend what was invisible before. Its a supernatural "event" that happens to you.. It is not in control of your mind or will.... giving your heart to God is a whole different event from recieving the "baptism of the Holy Spirit" which quite often is accompanied with signs and power and the person is never the same from that point forward.

Just as a baby takes time to assimilate and interpret what it sees and hears.. even so a new christian has to be taught of the Holy Spirit and older brother and sisters who have obtained wisdom before them through study of scripture and countless hours in meditation making melody in thier hearts every day while working, playing and just living.

The lord teaches his word and even adds new revelation that always confirms what he has already said.

TJ.. you didn't "study" the word liberal like I asked, but you just spouted off at the mouth as usual and exhibited your ignorance. Jesus is not the one who spoke of liberals, it was Isaiah.. an old testament prophets being moved upon by the Holy Spirit to speak.
    Note there is a difference in a person "who is" a liberal.. verses someone who is liberal. Being liberal means your generous to give... "being" a liberal means anything goes and your a law to yourself.

(Isa 32:5 KJV) The vile person shall be no more called liberal, nor the churl said to be bountiful.

(Isa 32:6 KJV) For the vile person will speak villany, and his heart will work iniquity, to practice hypocrisy, and to utter error against the LORD, to make empty the soul of the hungry, and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail.
    (Isa 32:7 KJV) The instruments also of the churl are evil: he deviseth wicked devices to destroy the poor with lying words, even when the needy speaketh right.
    (Isa 32:8 KJV) But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand.

I am a little more stern with you because of your arrogance and attitude... if you go back through my posts of those who have asked out of an honest spirit, I have been very gracious to.
    So quite feeling persecuted and picked on and taking everything everyone says as personal.
    If the shoe fits.. be a man and big enough to wear it... if it doesn't fit.. dont' freak out and let it go.

If you would just ask questions without trying to prove things wrong you don't understand about, you may get a better response.

You will never get God to teach you and speak to you being arrogant.

(James 4:6 KJV) But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

14. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 22 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]394986[/snapback]</div>
    Well I do agree that Christ was not a Conformist except when it comes to the Word of God. I respectfully disagree on the rest of your premise, Jesus taught straight out of the Bible and said Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass away from the law, till all things be accomplished. I never said He was a conformist those are your words. Questioning authority is not the exclusive domain of one party or the other all have question authority at one time or the other whether they be liberals or conservatives. This strict adherence and use of the Bible by Jesus convinces me that he is both a traditionalist and a conservative.

That’s the whole reason he came, to correct the errors of the day! To tell everyone that they had, misunderstood His character and His teachings. He came to warn the people that they were on the incorrect path an following the wrong teachers and that He was the way and the only way.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.[/i] In other words your good deeds while impressive and pleasing to G-d will not earn you eternal life without faith and belief in Jesus.

I am jetlagged out and very sleeply and hope to continue this discussion tomorrow.

Wildkow

15. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 23 2007, 01:25 AM) [snapback]395018[/snapback]</div>
    John 18-20
    Look, here it is: If you find the world is hating on you, then dig this: It got it's start, on hating me. Now, if you live on the hood's terms, the hood would love you as one of it's own peeps. But, yo, dawg, I picked on you to live like GOD, on His terms, and no longer on what goes down in the hood; so, yo, the hood is going to be dissin' you.
    Now, when that happens, I want you to remember this: Hos don't get treated better then their pimps. And man, if they be hatin' me, beating me and all, they will certainly beat on your sorry punk nice person. If they did what I told them, then they will be doing what you tell them, yo.

I am a NON CONFORMIST. I am different. Because I am different. I say, quit blending into what you are not of. I am set apart in the name of CHRIST, and I am called unto HOLINESS...

Can you dig that?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 23 2007, 01:25 AM) [snapback]395018[/snapback]</div>
    So do I windy. So do I.

Don't need to, brother. I know it. Here you go...
    No more will fools become celebrities, nor crooks be rewarded with fame. For fools are fools and that’s that,
    thinking up new ways to do mischief. They leave a wake of wrecked lives and lies about God, turning their backs on the homeless hungry, ignoring those dying of thirst in the streets.

And the crooks? Underhanded sneaks they are, inventive in sin and scandal, exploiting the poor with scams and lies, unmoved by the victimized poor . But those who are noble make noble plans, and stand for what is noble.

Ah, see, not so bad from memory.

Well, be gracious to all, and all might be gracious to you. I am a little more peeved with you and lovittoomuch, since you two seem to be the ones leading the crusade, and we all know how the crusades went.

You don't get it. You won't. What you are working from, and I'll admit, it's a disadvantage, is you don't really know me at all. You don't know, that I have not only lead people to Christ, I have helped start churches, that are Christ centered, believer filled. And a lot of those I lead to Christ, I lead by being honest, and by being one of them. When in Rome, do as the Romans.

I go to bars. I have a beer with people. I speak like people. I will tell them my story, of how I was not always a Preacher, and hardly a man of God. I will walk away if they ask me to. I won't try to stay there and bash them over the head with the Bible, and all. I will allow them to make their own minds up, one way or the other.

I had one guy, who is now a Pastor of a church in North Carolina, spit in my face when I first talked to him. He cussed me out. Told me to do something with a piece of my anatomy that is physically impossible. So I left him alone. Five years later, he seeks me out a retreat. Tells me that that conversation with him, pissed him off so much, he went home and looked up the verses and all that I was talking about in the Bible. And that prompted him to seek further. And now look. He is a Pastor of church with over 500 people.

And all because I did not slam him over the head that day with the KJV.

16. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

God speaks to us all; He just speaks to me in a way I understand.

If you are French, and only speak French, then God will speak in French to you.

I speak in slang. I speak, well, a bit like I did when I was in the NAVY. Less cussing, but mostly the same. So God speaks to me like that. And He not only speaks to me, well, He leads me.

What the difference between in how you speak to God, and how I speak to God, is that God does not stop me from questioning.

It would be a waste of the brain He gave me to just stop when a book says, 'Believe in me because I say so'. No, you would have to be an idiot to do that, at least in that regard.

There are facts about the Bible, that you ignore. Facts like we do not have the original hand written texts. Facts that the Bible has been hand transcribed down through the years. That mistakes in translations happen, and continue to be discovered to this day. Facts are, that for a book that is as old as The Bible, it's amazingly accurate. It describes events that outside historians have confirmed. If nothing else, we know that the Pharaohs did really exist, and that at one time, the Israelites were slaves of the Egyptians.

And there are facts in the Bible that are just wrong. Parts that have been edited out. I can't give you in the course of one post, a complete history lesson on the way the Bible is the way it is today, but it has undergone some major rewrites through out the years.

So what if it has? My faith is stronger then a book. If Bibles were to be outlawed today, I would still have faith. I don't need a Bible to tell me Christ died for my sins, and your sins, and every ones sins, no matter their race, or color or sexual orientation.

If this was a discussion over in the 'real world' and not one on the internets, I would be just as tough, just as much of a royal pain in the nice person to you as I am here. Nothing would change, except my hands would not tire from typing.

17. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not that I would prefer it for myself... but you ought to write a new version for the street gangs.... then your next challenge will be to get them to read it... but you may could.

I cannot and am not judging your heart at all.. only the words you broadcast at me.

I hope you are seeking truth in your own way else you would not still be here in this discussion as some others are here just to be cute and smart.... I hoping you too are considering the angles and possibilities that there is much more that surrpasses your understanding that you are still missing.

I'm telling your right now.. you can get distracted with your loved ones and toys and working, but deep inside where you live... Life on this planet is not worth living without Christ and his Holy Spirit within you giving you peace and comfort, inspiration, encoragement, enlightenment and teaching you along the way.

(John 14:26 KJV) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

He's truely a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

If you profess to be a preacher in the name of God.. thats good if your heart is right, God will guide you on your way.

But that alone has no merit nor credentials as so do half of the blind leaders in the middle east who are bent on hate crimes and rage also think they are of God.

You say your faith superceeds the Bible..... all that tells me is you have no God and you worship your intellect and trust in your own understanding.. regardless of what else you proclaim, there are some absolutes that discern the differences.
    Thats why Gods word separates the thoughts and intents of the heart... you can talk smokescreen all you want, but it doesn't help.

(Mark 9:39 KJV) But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
    (Mark 9:40 KJV) For he that is not against us is on our part.

(Luke 21:8 KJV) And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
    (Luke 21:9 KJV) But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.
    (Luke 21:10 KJV) Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
    (Luke 21:11 KJV) And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
    (Luke 21:12 KJV) But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
    (Luke 21:13 KJV) And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
    (Luke 21:14 KJV) Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
    (Luke 21:15 KJV) For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
    (Luke 21:16 KJV) And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
    (Luke 21:17 KJV) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
    (Luke 21:18 KJV) But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
    (Luke 21:19 KJV) In your patience possess ye your souls.
    (Luke 21:20 KJV) And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

If the Holy Spirit teaches us all things... do you think we could put it in a book so others could learn and know the same things and "bypass" the HolySpirit?...... This is why you still cannot understand things of the spririt, even though they are written..... the wires are not connected in your heart and there is no juice till you have the Holy Spirit within.

18. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Wildkow, well said.

If the Lord didn't fulfill all the laws, then His death on the cross would have been in vain. Why? Because He would have broken the law and so would have "sinned".

He did something that no one else could do.

People of that time did not understand that Jesus was not coming to set up an earthly kingdom but a kingdom in one's heart where He rules and reigns.

In essence, it means that such a person will live his life according to specifications set down by the king: Jesus.

Basically, it means that when one reads the bible that with the help of the Holy Spirit you can pretty much understand the ways of God and how He wants things done.

That is why the bible was written. It is to teach, equip, and edifiy all people to do good works.

In one of the Pauline espistles, it says that God created man to walk, (do), in good works. When man lives for Christ and for God, and does good works it glorifies Them.

What are the good works? Loving your neighbor as you love yourself.
    We are suppose to emulate what Jesus did. Jesus went about doing good works and HEALING people.

Jesus was very controversial in that He said He was the Son of God. So most people would fall in one of two classes. (2 classes is just an example)

One class would be those who hated Him; the other, those who loved Him.

The ones who hated Him, feared Him because of the power that was entrusted to Him by the Heavenly Father. Also, because they feared losing their positions of authority, when all authority has been given to man by God Himself. (Thus God can give authority to someone and He can take it away. So when you see someone in authority, pray for them, that God would have His way with them.)

Now the ones who loved Him, DID NOT FEAR Him. As the bible says, perfect love casts out all fear. These folks evidently could see Jesus for the good things that He did for the people. Some were very sick, some even dead, and He gave them health and life. But He also gave them much more, He showed them how to live life. Sure there were folks who would take advantage of Him, (so to speak), by getting as much as possible what they could out of Him.

But the bible says that "it is the goodness of God that leads men to repentence."

When Christians allow the love and mercy of God to flow through them to mankind around them by the good works that they do, then mankind has a chance to step back and look at the situation and take note of it. This is where introspection of one's life begins to take place.

Repentence just means agreeing with God. It means agreeing with God about what He says, about a lot of things. So how does one repent or agree with God? Read the bible. Then you know what God thinks. Then you can decide for yourself whether or not you agree with Him. If you agree with Him that you are a sinner and need to be saved, then you have repented. If you agree about any of the other things written in the bible, then you have repented. BUT when you don't agree with what is written, then you are not agreeing with God, and in that area where there is disagreement, you have NOT repented.

Why would anyone want to do good? Two fold, it not only blesses the receiver but it blesses the giver. God says that it is more blessed to give than to receive. In the end, the Lord sees the heart of man.

That's why it says "It is the goodness of God that leads men to repentence." So it means that when the goodness of God touches the hearts of men, then they begin to repent, they begin to agree with God.

This is what it means when it says: "Taste the Lord and see how good He is." It doesn't mean eat Him, but it means to know Him and understand how wonderful and marvelous He wants to be to all mankind.

Many people attribute a lot of things to God today and it's not His fault. A lot of stuff that happens today, is man's inhumanity to one another; not excluding the work of the Evil One.

So when one receive's the Lord in his heart not only as Savior but as King, then we will be empowered by the Holy Spirit to overcome the existing situations and circumstances in that we have peace.

If one is living according to the edicts of God's written Holy Word, then their life will be an example. They will be walking in the light as Jesus is in the light, and they will be reflecting that light: Jesus.

19. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Maybe its just me, but the Scriptures that Windstrings is including in his posts seem to reach out to me.
    And I learn and see something new every time I read the posts.... ;) B)

20. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 23 2007, 06:52 PM) [snapback]395555[/snapback]</div>
    Ha!.... you must be trying to incite a riot!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Liberalism is the cancer of todays lost.. like a last days plague........

It infects the mind and you never know you have it until you have lost all sense of right and wrong and you whole life is a wreck and in shambles and you look around and are baffled because your such a "good" person!!!!
    How could a God in heaven allow such a cruel thing!

When nothing is right and nothing it wrong.. it allows free sin to reign without a sense of justice or discipline.

IN the last days when it all hits the fan and the rewards of evil are being poured out, the lost world with thier liberal vices and mentality will blame the loving living God for thier pain.. even as they do now.

They accept no responsibility for the wages they have recieved from the evil works they have defended all thier lives.

They say.. why do we have to have right and wrong... why can't we just all live in peace?.... like the hippies of woodstock.

When they lay on their hospital bed and they see thier last days dwindling through thier fingers like sand, they cannot have peace because they know there is none... so they blame God "if there is a God" for things not being better and say "love" should be a blanket that covers all mistakes.

Well love is a blanket that covers all sins, but you still reap what you sow.
    And the rewards of sin is death.... and just because God loves you changes "none" of that.... UNLESS the curse of sin is removed by allowing Jesus to take your sins and in exchange you take his righteousness.

Its beauty for ashes, glory for shame and light for darkness.

Truely... what does it "profit" a man recieves is he gains the whole world in this life, but loses his own soul?

(Mat 16:26 KJV) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
    (Mat 16:27 KJV) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Seems now aday, its taboo to speak about God and the bible.. its become pornographic and and porn has become the bible in this spiraling world of liberalism.

As we refuse to openly talk about God, so the lawmakers take hold and make law what we have begun in our personal lives.

Its a spiritual battle to the death!.. its for your lives!!!!!

The last days are upon us.. I don't know how much longer it will be before the "rapture" or when Armeggeddon will begin, or when one thing is for sure... every day is one day closer!.....

Its getting exciting!..... this world is finally going to change for the better "after" it gets worse!
    And Heaven will be joined with earth.

Don't freak out and get mad at me for hurrying the day upon us!.. I"m ready and I''m just not at home in this world anymore!!!!

Those that are lost and love evil will dread the terrible day of the Lord... but I'm saying.... even so Lord come quickly!

If you are part of the "Bride of Christ" you too will have a yearning in your soul to finally see your beloved face to face!

(Mat 13:48 KJV) Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
    (Mat 13:49 KJV) So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
    (Mat 13:50 KJV) And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    (Mat 13:51 KJV) Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.

(Rev 3:13 KJV) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
    (Rev 3:14 KJV) And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
    (Rev 3:15 KJV) I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
    (Rev 3:16 KJV) So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
    (Rev 3:17 KJV) Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
    (Rev 3:18 KJV) I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
    (Rev 3:19 KJV) As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
    (Rev 3:20 KJV) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. (Sweet communion... beyond understanding)
    (Rev 3:21 KJV) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
    (Rev 3:22 KJV) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Wow.. what a choice!