1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Down to the Rapture

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 23 2007, 09:52 PM) [snapback]395555[/snapback]</div>
    :rolleyes:
    Are your eyes brown?

'Caue your lips are...from kissing windy's butt.

Man, priusguy, loveittoomuch, and windy, are you three, you know, lovers?

;)

But seriously, you three are so much in agreement. It's as if you are the same person.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 23 2007, 08:50 AM) [snapback]395092[/snapback]</div>

Gee, now that I have thought of doing. I am not sure if I should take that as a compliment from you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 23 2007, 08:50 AM) [snapback]395092[/snapback]</div>
    As He does. Strange, but not so strange, that He leads me down a path that you are not on. I suppose mine requires no map as yours does.

My faith requires no Bible, as my faith is in GOD, Christ, Yeshua.

I have Yeshua as my God. You?

As far as worship, I have none in my own intellect, for the man who follows his intellect follows a fool. The man who follows his faith, now that man follows God.

Now, here is all your Bible verses, in a way that is easier to read.
    ================

Jesus wasn’t not pleased. “Don’t stop him. No one can use my name to do something good and powerful, and in the next breath cut me down. If he’s not an enemy, he’s an ally. Why, anyone by just giving you a cup of water in my name is on our side. Count on it that God will notice.

Jesus said, “Watch out for the doomsday deceivers. Many leaders are going to show up with forged identities claiming, ‘I’m the One,’ or, ‘The end is near.’ Don’t fall for any of that.
    When you hear of wars and uprisings, keep your head and don’t panic. This is routine history and no sign of the end.”

He went on, “Nation will fight nation and ruler fight ruler, over and over. Huge earthquakes will occur in various places. There will be famines. You’ll think at times that the very sky is falling.
    But before any of this happens, they’ll arrest you, hunt you down, and drag you to court and jail. It will go from bad to worse, dog-eat-dog, everyone at your throat because you carry my name.

You’ll end up on the witness stand, called to testify. Make up your mind right now not to worry about it. I’ll give you the words and wisdom that will reduce all your accusers to stammers and stutters. You’ll even be turned in by parents, brothers, relatives, and friends. Some of you will be killed.
    There’s no telling who will hate you because of me. Even so, every detail of your body and soul—even the hairs of your head!—is in my care; nothing of you will be lost. Staying with it—that’s what is required. Stay with it to the end. You won’t be sorry; you’ll be saved. When you see soldiers camped all around Jerusalem, then you’ll know that she is about to be devastated.

I love reading the Bible, I do. I love reading the parts that are true, and hold up to scrutiny. I love challenging the Word, because it puts up a good fight. The parts that are correct are so true, and hold up. The parts that are more of man, well, they don't, but that is okay. They make the rest stand out that much more.

2. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, that does it. I'm a believer now. Who said there's no such thing as eternal life - this thread should have died a peaceful death before it got to page three and here we are closing in on post #500 and still hammering along with the vitality of a well fed five year old (or a bunch of five year olds) and even this crusty rusty relic of an atheist (me) is tossing a holler into the playground. Christamighty this thing will live forever! I believe! I believe!

Mark Baird
    Converted in Alameda CA

3. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Feb 24 2007, 04:39 AM) [snapback]395733[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

4. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 24 2007, 01:32 AM) [snapback]395727[/snapback]</div>
    Tis sad that that even enters your mind as a form of intimacy and friendship that you understand.
    Especially between men... "assuming loveit is a man".

Wouldn't you love to escape that perverted world that swirls around in your head?

You can actually have a heart thats free from all that crap, where the air is clear and so are your thoughts.

Where your heart "rests" in peace rather than turmoil all the time?
    If you don't know peace, you don't know God... He is the prince of peace.

I expect you may have never known a glimse of peace to even compare whether you have peace now?

(Isa 59:7 KJV) Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths.
    (Isa 59:8 KJV) The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.

(Isa 57:20 KJV) But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.
    (Isa 57:21 KJV) There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

(Prov 13:15 KJV) Good understanding giveth favour: but the way of transgressors is hard.

Before you can approach God, you must first admit your a sinner.

5. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 24 2007, 12:42 PM) [snapback]395792[/snapback]</div>

And
    This
    Is
    The
    INTERNETS

Words
    On
    A
    SCREEN.

Made
    In
    JEST.

Seriously. If however, it bothers you to love another as Christ taught...

Why don't you admit it? I have. I know I am a sinner. Been saved. You? Are you a sinner? Or does qouting the KJV just save you?

6. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 24 2007, 11:33 AM) [snapback]395849[/snapback]</div>
    There you go getting all defensive again... I'm not saying these things to prove anyone "better" than you or assalt your self worth.. its for you!....

Its to help reveal to yourself whats in your heart.

From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks....

If you feel everything is cool with that.. then no biggy... sorry I mentioned it.

I don't dislike you at all.. in fact if I met you in person.. I'm sure I would feel good feelings toward you... just not the kind you think of... no kisses... etc.

We all joke around and the heart is desperately wicked and who can know it.... everyone has thoughts pop in thier heads from time to time... that doesn't mean the thought came from them, but rather from other sources ... its what we do with those thoughts that count.
    When we entertain and make a home for bad thoughts is when they grow and usurp authority.

It gets back to what Jesus said about "its not what goes in a man that defiles him, but what comes out.."
    the same with thoughts.......

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. "or another way of putting it.. . your thoughts".

7. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So windstrings... do Buddhists go to hell? :rolleyes:

*throws fuel to the fire*

8. ewhanley

ewhanley New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I cashed out on this thread many pages ago, but I couldn't help but follow it. I don't think there is really an argument here, as one cannot rationalize faith. If someone has faith in something, it is unlikely that they will be talked out of it. Hence, no rational argument here. Anyways, windstrings, all I can say is:

جهاد <-- in reference to your spiritual battle to the death.

I know you supplemented your gleeful statement about the end times with a disclaimer, but surely you can see why others would find your viewpoints at least bizarre if not completely insane.

Though you believe muslims (among others) to be followers of satan, do you not see the parallel between your views on spiritual battle and eagerness for the end and those of extremist muslims?

Now for my disclaimer. I realize that you claim that everything you say from spritual battle to shotgun vigilence is in the figurative sense, but surely you understand how others find this odd?

9. Mirza

Mirza New Member

I think we should respect all beliefs... I'm sure OBL would appreciate religious correctness :rolleyes:.

10. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 24 2007, 08:21 PM) [snapback]396012[/snapback]</div>
    I realize I am speaking what appears to be fables to those who don't know God.

I Used to think going to hell was the thing that motivated me the most to find God.. it was my fear and it haunted me..... My parents had just split up and broke apart my happy childhood when I was 12. Then I was very alone and I could hear the voice of God calling me. When I was 15 I accepted the Lord and it was an extremely powerful experience even though I had been around church all my life.. I never "knew" God at all.
    Now that I know the Lord, I am not afraid of Hell anymore except to know that Jesus would not be there.. my biggest fear now is to miss Heaven for eternity. To miss the one I"ve grown to know that means more than anyone I know in this life.
    Even though I have a wife of 28 years now and love my children, nothing compares with the bond in my heart with Jesus.
    Knowing your children, your spouse, your parents or anyone you could imagine that you love the most.. being in their presence and feeling the comfort and joy of their company is still so shallow compared to God. They are in a different body and they have thier own thoughts and feelings and don't really know me. They don't see my fears, my joys, my hopes and things about me I cannot even understand myself.

Only Jesus can get inside my self so deeply that I am continually comforted and truely he sticks closer than a brother ever could. Then he shares his heart and mind with me and bathes me with his love.

Heaven and Hell are a reality that doesn't exist till we get there.
    The here and now is all that exist to us now and its the only reality we know for sure.
    If you don't know God here, you will never know him in heaven either.

(John 10:4 KJV) And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
    (John 10:5 KJV) And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

(John 10:27 KJV) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    (John 10:28 KJV) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

(Eph 3:17 KJV) That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
    (Eph 3:18 KJV) May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
    (Eph 3:19 KJV) And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

(2 Th 1:7 KJV) And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
    (2 Th 1:8 KJV) In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
    (2 Th 1:9 KJV) Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

(James 4:4 KJV) Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
    (James 4:5 KJV) Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
    (James 4:6 KJV) But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

(1 John 4:2 KJV) Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

This is not about heaven and hell.. its about "do you know him".. are you part of his family?
    Are you married to him?
    Is he a part of you and you a part of him?
    Thats what its all about...

Not serving and worshipping a dead guy or god that has no power, but one that sees your every concern and has power to rearrange your life and circumstances and loves you more than himself.
    Life is so dark without his light to illuminate my path.

The only ones who can relate and chime in and confirm what I speak are the ones who have been there.
    Until you have experienced it. it seems like a fairy tale far too good to be true.

Some say Hell, is not knowing Jesus.. because once you know him, you can't imagine not being without him.

If I don't have Jesus... I could care less if I'm in Hell... life will be torment anyway.

(Mat 5:20 KJV) For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

(Mat 10:28 KJV) And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

The last days are a very confusing time.. it tends to make one say "Will the real God please stand up?"
    Living in a world of so many voices and distractions that all profess goodness and godliness, How is one to know who is the "real voice" to follow?

In these last days. there will be great lying wonders... those that judge only by sight will be decieved the easiest as they cannot discern spritually and know right and wrong.

Who has power over diseases, devils and sin?... He that sins is the servant of sin... even though all things are lawful..... you cannot come under the power of sin or you serve it and its your god as you serve it as a slave.

If you are saved... what are you saved from? Hell?... are you still in bondage to everything in this life.. including sin? Does your God only have power to save once you die?.... what about now?

Just in case you think things are bad now and confusing now.. if you can't tell right and wrong now.. you will have no chance later... NOW its easy!... this is the day of salvation.. the Lords arms are open wide to accept those who fall before him and accept his forgiveness and mercy.

Here is a tiny picture of the times to come soon on the horizon.

(Rev 13:3 KJV) And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
    (Rev 13:4 KJV) And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
    (Rev 13:5 KJV) And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
    (Rev 13:6 KJV) And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
    (Rev 13:7 KJV) And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
    (Rev 13:8 KJV) And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
    (Rev 13:9 KJV) If any man have an ear, let him hear.
    (Rev 13:10 KJV) He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
    (Rev 13:11 KJV) And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
    (Rev 13:12 KJV) And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
    (Rev 13:13 KJV) And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
    (Rev 13:14 KJV) And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
    (Rev 13:15 KJV) And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
    (Rev 13:16 KJV) And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    (Rev 13:17 KJV) And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    (Rev 13:18 KJV) Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

11. Mirza

Mirza New Member

I have to wonder what windstrings would do if he saw someone throwing a bible in the trash... taking it out... and then dumping it in a toilet. I bet it's been done.

Whaddya know....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgLh6hkT18w

12. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 24 2007, 10:16 PM) [snapback]396050[/snapback]</div>
    I don't recall any punitive actions taken on anyone destroying the word... except in Revelations where God promised to take someones name out of the book of life who tried to "change" his words.

(Rev 22:17 KJV) And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
    (Rev 22:18 KJV) For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
    (Rev 22:19 KJV) And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

(Rev 21:27 KJV) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Paper is paper... if I was dying of cold and only had a bible for fire.. I would burn it.... but as God knows my heart, it would not be a statement against him.

The paper of the bible is not whats Holy.. its the "words" therein.
    The power is in the "words" and its the "words" that God performs and fullfills.

God judges the heart.

Even if you do Good works.. it means nothing if your heart is not in it... even so if you were to destroy a bible, it means nothing if your heart is not in it.

What you do in this physical world means little... its all about what your heart does... from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks and works without faith means nothing just as faith without works means nothing... both are dead without the other.

Where is your heart?... thats the real question.... for where your treasure is.. there is your heart also.

they tried to judge Jesus in the same manner for healing on the sabbath.

If you get caught up in laws.. your missing God... laws were made for man...not man for the law.

The ones who loves "laws" are the ones who try to use it to hide behind while they sin under the radar and their heart is corrupt.

The false religious.. Love laws... true religion loves.

If you want to burn a bible..... "why" you are burning it will be your judgement.

13. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So, what do you believe will happen to Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, and followers of other religions, those that do not believe Christ is the Son of God/Savior?

14. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 24 2007, 02:43 PM) [snapback]395858[/snapback]</div>
    Ephesians 4:32
    Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you.

15. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 25 2007, 01:11 AM) [snapback]396047[/snapback]</div>

Ah, but windy, if nothing else, you should know, you are not going to miss heaven at all.

So you have nothing to fear at all.

Matthew 10:28
    Don’t be bluffed into silence by the threats of bullies. There’s nothing they can do to your soul, your core being. Save your fear for God, who holds your entire life—body and soul—in his hands.
    Forget About Yourself

16. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    (John 10:4-5) When he gets them all out, he leads them and they follow because they are familiar with his voice. They won’t follow a stranger’s voice but will scatter because they aren’t used to the sound of it.â€

(John 10:27-28)My sheep recognize my voice. I know them, and they follow me. I give them real and eternal life. They are protected from the Destroyer for good. No one can steal them from out of my hand.

(Eph 3:17-19) That Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you’ll be able to take in with all Christians the extravagant dimensions of Christ’s love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.

(2 Th 1:7-9) His coming will be the break we’ve been waiting for. Those who refuse to know God and refuse to obey the Message will pay for what they’ve done. Eternal exile from the presence of the Master and his splendid power is their sentence.

(James 4:4-6) You’re cheating on God. If all you want is your own way, flirting with the world every chance you get, you end up enemies of God and his way. And do you suppose God doesn’t care? The proverb has it that “he’s a fiercely jealous lover.†And what he gives in love is far better than anything else you’ll find. It’s common knowledge that “God goes against the willful proud; God gives grace to the willing humble.â€

(1 John 4:2 ) Here’s how you test for the genuine Spirit of God. Everyone who confesses openly his faith in Jesus Christ—the Son of God, who came as an actual flesh-and-blood person—comes from God and belongs to God.

(Mat 5:20) Unless you do far better than the Pharisees in the matters of right living, you won’t know the first thing about entering the kingdom.

(Mat 10:28) Don’t be bluffed into silence by the threats of bullies. There’s nothing they can do to your soul, your core being. Save your fear for God, who holds your entire life—body and soul—in his hands.

(Rev 13:3-18)One of the Beast’s heads looked as if it had been struck a deathblow, and then healed. The whole earth was agog, gaping at the Beast. They worshiped the Dragon who gave the Beast authority, and they worshiped the Beast, exclaiming, “There’s never been anything like the Beast! No one would dare go to war with the Beast!â€

The Beast had a loud mouth, boastful and blasphemous. It could do anything it wanted for forty-two months. It yelled blasphemies against God, blasphemed his Name, blasphemed his Church, especially those already dwelling with God in Heaven. It was permitted to make war on God’s holy people and conquer them. It held absolute sway over all tribes and peoples, tongues and races.
    Everyone on earth whose name was not written from the world’s foundation in the slaughtered Lamb’s Book of Life will worship the Beast.

Are you listening to this? They’ve made their bed; now they must lie in it. Anyone marked for prison goes straight to prison; anyone pulling a sword goes down by the sword. Meanwhile, God’s holy people passionately and faithfully stand their ground.

I saw another Beast rising out of the ground. It had two horns like a lamb but sounded like a dragon when it spoke. It was a puppet of the first Beast, made earth and everyone in it worship the first Beast, which had been healed of its deathblow.

This second Beast worked magical signs, dazzling people by making fire come down from Heaven. It used the magic it got from the Beast to dupe earth dwellers, getting them to make an image of the Beast that received the deathblow and lived. It was able to animate the image of the Beast so that it talked, and then arrange that anyone not worshiping the Beast would be killed. It forced all people, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to have a mark on the right hand or forehead. Without the mark of the name of the Beast or the number of its name, it was impossible to buy or sell anything.

Solve a riddle: Put your heads together and figure out the meaning of the number of the Beast. It’s a human number: six hundred sixty-six.

========

See, windy, I too know what you know. I just don't speak in such old stale words...

Are we that much different then, you, and I?

17. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 24 2007, 11:12 PM) [snapback]396072[/snapback]</div>
    Its clear you must be written in the book of life..
    (Rev 21:27 KJV) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

What does it take to be in that book and "stay" in that book?

(John 14:3 KJV) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
    (John 14:4 KJV) And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
    (John 14:5 KJV) Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
    (John 14:6 KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

(John 10:9 KJV) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

(1 John 2:22 KJV) Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    (1 John 2:23 KJV) Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
    (1 John 2:24 KJV) Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
    (1 John 2:25 KJV) And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Many religions are copys and counterfiets, but the key that gives them away is thier denial of Jesus as the son of God that died for the sins of the world.
    Therein is the power and the key that stripped the power of "death" so you can go to heaven.

(1 John 4:3 KJV) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

(2 John 1:7 KJV) For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

(Mat 7:21 KJV) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    (Mat 7:22 KJV) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    (Mat 7:23 KJV) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

(Col 3:2 KJV) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
    (Col 3:3 KJV) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
    (Col 3:4 KJV) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Now, I"m sure you will ask me that question again, because I'm not telling you the words you want to hear.
    I have made it easy for you.. look at the parameters and you decide.... you won't believe what I say anyway.

I'll give you a clue in case your still confused.... Notice the theme throughout.... Christ Jesus is the cornerstone of it all.... so how do your other religions relate to him?
    He is the power that broke the cluthes of sin to reign over your lives and the earth.

He is the second Adam.

(1 Cor 15:45 KJV) And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
    (1 Cor 15:46 KJV) Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
    (1 Cor 15:47 KJV) The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
    (1 Cor 15:48 KJV) As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
    (1 Cor 15:49 KJV) And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
    (1 Cor 15:50 KJV) Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
    (1 Cor 15:51 KJV) Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
    (1 Cor 15:52 KJV) In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
    (1 Cor 15:53 KJV) For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

(1 Cor 15:54 KJV) So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
    (1 Cor 15:55 KJV) O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
    (1 Cor 15:56 KJV) The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
    (1 Cor 15:57 KJV) But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

18. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  19. Loveit

Loveit New Member

TJ, I can't believe that, you, of all people would say something like that about Windstrings, PriusGuy04, and me.

Yes, we love the Word of God.

It's evident by your posts that you believe only just parts of the bible because, according to your way of thinking, it was written by man.

If that's the case, how do you know whether or not the part where it says that Jesus died on the cross to save you from your sins is true?

You just can't accept parts of the bible you don't understand.

When there is something I don't understand, I put it on the back burner so to speak and let it percolate for a while. I also ask the Lord what it is that He wants to show me about it. He eventually does in His time and in His own way.

I took something that was very precious to me and shared it with you.
    The revelation of the number 666.

I always wondered about it since I was a little kid and it wasn't until about 2 years ago that the Lord asked me, without me asking Him about it, if I wanted to know what the significance of the number meant, and I said yes. I was very excited. All that He told me about it matches up with what the meanings of numbers are, and how they are significant both in the physical realm in which we live in now, but also the spiritual realm.

You might want to take a second look. Do you understand what it was that I wrote about the number 666?

I don't know if Windstrings agrees with me on it, but I shared it because I thought he would be interested in it, and for PriusGuy04, and you, and for all the others that are out there. You can accept it or leave it.

Because I have a personal relationship with Jesus doesn't mean that I am better than anyone else; but that I put my trust and my life now and for all eternity, in His hands.

Yes, I have attended church for many years, and still attend. I've read the bible a number of times, in several different versions, sat under some very good teaching, and listened to a number of godly men and women as they shared their walk with Jesus with me. But most important, I have with God's help put into practice those things that I have learned. In order to do that I had to learn how to be humble too. I ate a lot of humble pie I can tell you that!

TJ, it was for man's benefit that the bible was written. Without it, you would have never come to know the Lord, because chances are the person that led you to the Lord read it too.

It is the only book that has existed for thousand of years and has consistency throughout it; and it has been this way ever since; and it will always be until the end of the age has come.

A lot of times people will say there are so many contradictions in it, but that is called teaching by contrast. It sometimes shows us how God will not act. That's because He wants us to see how much He does love us.

We need to be very careful about the things that we say, especially to one another. We need to speak the truth to one another in love.

God tells us that we will be held accountable for every idle word that we have spoken or written. We are told that we need to guard those things that come out of our hearts. It says "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks", and so we will live to "eat the fruit of our lips."

I am really disappointed that you would even think that way, much less say it with written words.

Alric, when you find yourself in a pit so deep that you cannot get out of it, remember that this day I have prayed that the Lord would be merciful to you, and show you how mighty His hand is to draw you up from the miry clay in the bottom of that pit and set your feet on the rock.

20. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Feb 25 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]396366[/snapback]</div>
    I have been there and came out with the help of family, friends and a positive attitude. No deity involved. And before you say "That was god carrying you" or some other nonsense, remember that if he exists he had to put me in the "deep pit" to begin with.