1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Down to the Rapture

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Proco, the rule and reign of Christ is to take place in a person's heart.

When a person's decides to live the way Christ has asked them to, then that is when the Kingdom of God has come upon a person.

Jesus spoke about the kingdom of God coming near to a person when they start to understand what it is that He is teaching them. But the Kingdom of God takes place when a person lives for God alone.

There will be many people who, for whatever reason, do not or will not want to live for God alone. That is their choice. But that's why there are wars.

Thousands of years ago, Christians literally laid down their lives in the coliseum and were mauled by the lions, tigers, bears, and even the gladiators for sport.

That shows where their beliefs were, and they willingly died for them.

The bible speaks of the Kingdom of God as not drinking and eating or materialistic things we possess but the Kingdom of God is: righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.

It means that when a person gives his life to Christ Jesus, he is given a new nature one exactly like God's nature. He imparts His spirit to live inside of us. It is His nature, a sinless one.

However, man still has his flesh to deal with, the body, and the soul, (which is the intellect, the will, and the emotions.)

But the battle has just begun. If you read the book of Romans, Paul talks abou this very thing. He wants to do what is right but does wrong, and so who will deliver him from that body of death? Christ will.

It means that you have the power of God living inside of you to help you live your life according to His Word, the bible.

Just like a body, you must exercise it if you want it to be strong. And so like wise, you must exercise what we call the "spirit man" inside of you to do those things which are pleasing to God. The more you follow/perform God's word, the stronger one becomes. Thus you are "walking in the spirit."

There will always be wars until the end of this age comes.

I hope this helps.

2. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

3. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 27 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]397199[/snapback]</div>
    I was the one talking about putting away the shopping carts, and no, I don't think God frowns on people for not putting away the shopping carts.

I think not putting away the shopping carts is an example of people being lazy, and selfish. If we took care of the little things, like putting away the carts, then the bigger things might take care of them selves.

It is a philosophy that is of my own, and I did not read it from the Bible. Unless in John he spoke of Jesus putting away the carts...

As to the kid who makes $5.15 an hour, they get paid more then that, (I know of a kid that does this), and if they did not have to pay that kid, the savings would be passed down to us, which would make the economy that much stronger, even by a little bit.

4. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 27 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]397391[/snapback]</div>
    Dude, if you really think they'll pass the savings on to the consumer you're crazy. You think the grocery store will lower its prices? Hah! I understand what you're getting at, but companies aren't in the business of passing on savings, they're there to make money! PROFIT is the bottom line.. not lowering your peaches 2 pennies a pound.

5. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Feb 27 2007, 10:38 AM) [snapback]397316[/snapback]</div>
    Exactly - virtually every war is some form of "christians" or "muslims" or "catholics" or "hindu" attacking and killing anyone who has chosen to disbelieve the god of the moment. Without self-righteous religion, wars would be rare indeed. Look at what's savaging the middle east right now: religious hatreds. Don't look to the disbeliever for what causes war, buster, look at yourself and your religious brethren so self-righteous and sure of yourselves that you'll commit murder in "god's" name without a tremor of conscience. Until mankind learns that superstition cannot be coerced, you're right,
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Feb 27 2007, 10:38 AM) [snapback]397316[/snapback]</div>
    and they'll be waged by religious fanatics every time.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

6. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 27 2007, 02:58 AM) [snapback]397122[/snapback]</div>
    Bosh.

Karl Schmika hasn't been afraid to let us know who he is.

I find hiding behind the cloak of anonymity cowardly. If you don't believe in your stance enough to sign your name to it, it makes your stance look rickety. And it certainly allows you to spit abuse you'd never do in face to face conversation, another reason I despise anonymity.

I don't fear my fellow man, and I've lived half a century and been around the world. The likelihood that there's a nutcase on this chatboard that'll take the time and expense to look me up and hunt me down because I've something I'd written is infinitesimal, not worth the worry. Meanwhile, signing my name is a courtesy, a gesture of respect, and it keeps me honest.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

7. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Feb 27 2007, 04:56 PM) [snapback]397458[/snapback]</div>
    The hard-liners and moderates just killed 14 of each other in Pakistan over a kite festival. These people are NUTS. :blink:

8. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    More wars have been waged and more deaths have occured in this world due to theistic religion than any other reason.

MY GOD SAID IT IS OK TO KILL YOU IN HIS NAME!
    NUH UH! MY GOD SAID I CAN KILL YOU!!!

9. Loveit

Loveit New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Feb 27 2007, 04:56 PM) [snapback]397458[/snapback]</div>
    AirportKid, that's not always necessarily true. I disagree. Many people will just fight over materialistic goods, such as: land, valuables, and authority.

Government calls us to fight to defend our country. So what do you do? Do you fight? Run away to another country like Canada? Do you go to jail? Or what? You have the freedom to do any of those things but many people shed their blood for the freedom to choose.

Some will not agree with fighting elsewhere so that the war is not fought on the frontlines of the homeland. My heart goes out to those in that situation. There, but for the grace of God, go I.

Sure there are some wars that are fought solely on a religious basis alone, but not all wars are.

As a matter of fact, those that do fight "religious wars" do not want to give up their power/might/greed/authority whatever you want to call it.

But as I was pointing out to Proco, there were Christians many years ago died not fighting. They were living out their belief. Jesus said that those who live by the sword will die by the sword. So it's like saying if you stomp on a sleeping dog's tail, you are gonna get bitten, no doubt about it.

Likewise, when the Twin Towers in New York were destroyed by terriosts flying jets into them. So you think that the US of A should just be a sitting duck and not do anything?

But then again, Hitler slew millions of Jews, not to mention gypsies, imperfect people, among countless of other types of people including homosexuals. Sad thing, Hitler was a Jew himself by Jewish law. His mother was a Jew while his father was not. And that made him a Jewish in the eyes of the Jewish law. But did he act and live like a Jew? Certainly not.

Unfortunately, the world stood by, including the "church" and did nothing. But there were many godly people who did reach out took many Jews into their homes to hide them from such atrocities. Some of them died for doing so. Corrie Ten Boom and her family were one of them.

So as Jesus said, "There will be rumors of war, and wars, but the end is not yet come."

But come it will one day, we just don't know when.

But the point is, that it is really up to each person to decide for himself how he or she will live their life. In the end, we will all be held accountable for the way we live; barring none, including Christians.

"The day of judgment will begin in the House of The Lord. If the righteous barely be saved, what hope do the lost have?"

10. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 27 2007, 01:48 PM) [snapback]397327[/snapback]</div>
    I love the Avatar!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Feb 27 2007, 05:21 PM) [snapback]397472[/snapback]</div>
    GOOD for YOU!!! I have noticed, that it appears only 5% out of 100% post their real names on PC.. :eek: It must be a conspirisy, I guess by your statement everyone else on PC that doesnt post thier real names are cowards and their stances are rickity THATS 95% of the members of PC... :rolleyes: ;)

I am more than willing to spout my opinion in person, let me know the next time your in O-town and we'll have a beer ;)

thank you,
    Fred G. Sanford. ;)

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

12. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Fred rules. :lol:

Really though, if a lot of people would just take a moment and "Meditate" or "Pray" or "Self Reflect", I think the world would be a much better place.

People like windstring.. It seems like his mind is going at 100MPH. Just passage after passage of Old Testament fear mongering. I would hate to live my life always worried about trying to appease a God.

One can claim that they have a personal relationship with Jesus and that they speak with him in one way or another.. but to me, that sure is an easy way to "justify" your beliefs.. By claiming that you had this divine personal experience in which you felt the touch of God.. Dopers in the 60's used to say that kind of stuff when they'd take LSD. People with major mental health problems claim to have relationships with imaginary characters. Many children actually have imaginary friends.

Just because I get that funny feeling in my stomach or that wave of energy, or whatever other experiences people have, it doesn't mean it was the touch of God.. But it sure is easy to try to explain it that way. It sure is easy to explain things you feel as being "God" talking to you.. I don't know guys.. it just seems like bullocks.

The only problem I have with most Christians is.. what most of you believe if it wasn't so.. Well, I can't think of the adjective but the word would describe one who would say that their path is the only path to "Holiness", that anyone who believes otherwise is blinded by evil, so on and so forth.. on top of all that, the man whom Christians idolize was supposedly conceived without sex, was never married, could levitate, walk on water, so on and so forth..

How one could say the millions of peaceful Buddhists, millions of Hindus, millions of Jews, are DOOMED to an ETERNAL HELL for not believing what you believe, well, I hope that in the end we all live in peace together.

13. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 27 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]397530[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you,
    Fred G. Sanford

14. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey Fred Sanford. B)

You're a really good guy. Maybe one day I'll be giving you backup on the beat. :eek:

Until then, I thought I'd share something from the Dalia Lama.

" Of the many problems we face today, some are natural calamities and must be accepted and faced with equanimity. Others, however, are of our own making, created by misunderstanding, and can be corrected. One such type arises from the conflict of ideologies, political or religious, when people fight each other for petty ends, losing sight of the basic humanity that binds us all together as a single human family. We must remember that the different religions, ideologies, and political systems of the world are meant for human beings to achieve happiness. We must not lose sight of this fundamental goal and at no time should we place means above ends; the supremacy of humanity over matter and ideology must always be maintained.

By far the greatest single danger facing humankind – in fact, all living beings on our planet – is the threat of nuclear destruction. I need not elaborate on this danger, but I would like to appeal to all the leaders of the nuclear powers who literally hold the future of the world in their hands, to the scientists and technicians who continue to create these awesome weapons of destruction, and to all the people at large who are in a position to influence their leaders: I appeal to them to exercise their sanity and begin to work at dismantling and destroying all nuclear weapons. We know that in the event of a nuclear war there will be no victors because there will be no survivors! Is it not frightening just to contemplate such inhuman and heartless destruction? And, is it not logical that we should remove the cause for our own destruction when we know the cause and have both the time and the means to do so? Often we cannot overcome our problems because we either do not know the cause or, if we understand it, do not have the means to remove it. This is not the case with the nuclear threat."

15. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 27 2007, 08:14 PM) [snapback]397551[/snapback]</div>
    Nice B)

16. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Feb 27 2007, 12:38 PM) [snapback]397316[/snapback]</div>
    OK..loveit.. its my turn to congratulate you .. .. that was an excellent rundown of the lowdown.
    This whole spirit man is hard to understand until you experience, and even then it takes years of maturity to even begin to understand it..... Understanding only gets in the way of working with God...

Once a person learns to listen and obey "without" understanding, God then reveals truths and let them have some understanding to.... as long as they don't rely on it and trust in it, God gives them more and more so they can more efficiently work with God.

Similiar to riches or any other of the gifts of God... wisdom is one of them that is promised to be given freely to those who ask and seek it.

But those who seek it so they can control and foresee and not have to blindly obey and let God be God will not get it.

Isn't it hard to work on a project with your kid when they won't do anything unless they understand why your asking them first?.. . they don't trust and there is no faith when they have to be in control and "approve" everything first.

This is one reason that "without faith it is impossible to please God".

Jesus went about doing good working "with" what the Father was doing.

So many Christians don't understand and try to devise things and go about doing good works and expect God to bless it... God will bless his word and those who respond to it in faith, but those to carry that word can still be out of line and miss God if they are running the show and God is thier puppet or Jennie in a bottle that is supposed to perform their good bidding in his name.

God is not our majic Jennie so we can show off or attract attention to ourselves, he is our God....and he sees all things and we are to listen and obey his word.. then the kingdom of God flourishes as "he" builds it.

We are so limited in sight and understanding and wisdom and we don't know What God is doing in hearts... so when we do what we think is best out of good intentions, we can totally work against what God is doing.

Again, without the Holy Spirit, we cannot work with God.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 27 2007, 02:07 PM) [snapback]397391[/snapback]</div>
    I"m on your side on this one TJ.....its a matter of character....
    (Luke 16:10 NKJV) "He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much.

Even before the bible was written, Abraham could hear God speaking and obeyed and it was counted to him for righteousness.

We too can know whats the right thing to do without having it written in the bible...

If fact if you cannot tell whats right without reading it, you cannot tell anyway.

17. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Windstrings, just says it better..... :D

18. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Feb 27 2007, 03:56 PM) [snapback]397458[/snapback]</div>
    When someone breaks into your house to steal your little girl and wife, will you just sit back and say "peace baby!...love and happiness!.... get you head out of the sand man!

Its no wonder women don't want men anymore.
    .. so many men seem to be sissies and have nothing to live for!

If you have nothing to live for, you have nothing to die for...... a worse life is having nothing precious to protect from the wolves who try to ravage ands steal it.

Where are the "men"? who live life with a passion and believe in something?
    Where are the "men" who God gave dominion over the earth and evil?

We have enough pantiwaists girly men who let themselves and thier families get ran over by every jackal that comes along.

Where are the warriors when evil knocks at the door?.. are they all women now?

Where are the defenders? the protectors? the Fathers?.. you know,... the men?

I"m sick of people trying to make peace when war is at hand..... just go to sleep and play like everything is ok... it will just go away and when you wake up, it will be all gone.

(Eccl 3:1 NKJV) To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:
    (Eccl 3:2 NKJV) A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted;
    (Eccl 3:3 NKJV) A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up;
    (Eccl 3:4 NKJV) A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance;
    (Eccl 3:5 NKJV) A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
    (Eccl 3:6 NKJV) A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away;
    (Eccl 3:7 NKJV) A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;
    (Eccl 3:8 NKJV) A time to love, And a time to hate; A time of war, And a time of peace.

19. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Feb 27 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]397484[/snapback]</div>
    I think you meant to say Catholic in place of Jew(ish), otherwise the snipped above is 100% fact. Hitler was not ex-commiunicated for political reasons, but Catholics and other Christians alike would gravely doubt he died a believer. Gobbels diary recorded Hitler desires progressing from modifying, to undermining, to aboloishing Christianity. Check Wikipedia - he wished Germans had a faith of dying for their Emperior like the Japanese, or Islam.

If you look candidly at most wars, you will find most men doing it in the name of religion are corrupt - not pious. To mention another name - Osuma is another bad example, but that does not make 1.2 billion follwers of Islam bad (althoug groups sympathtic with al Queda are still too many)

20. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 27 2007, 06:23 PM) [snapback]397530[/snapback]</div>
    Blessed are the peacemakers..... but also cursed is the man who keeps his sword from battle when war is at hand and he should be fighting and protecting.

David was one of the mightiest warriors and called, ordained and anointed of God to do so.... and it all started with the slaying of Golieth.. but because he was a man of war.. the Lord kept him from building the temple and gave that honor to his son Solomon.

Sampson too was ordained to fight.....

Its not so much as what you do that gives you honor, its whether you "obey" what God has called "you" to do will determine whether you hear the words.. "well done thou good and faithful servant"..

(Mat 5:9 NKJV) Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

(Jer 48:10 NKJV) Cursed is he who does the work of the LORD deceitfully, And cursed is he who keeps back his sword from blood.

(Mat 25:21 NKJV) "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'