1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Down to the Rapture

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Loveit

Loveit New Member

There is a big difference Airport Kid. Some people choose to let God be God in their lives, others don't.

In the Book of Daniel in the bible, his 3 friends, when they were in Babylon, chose not to bow down to the king.

The interesting thing is that these young men said that their God was able to save them if He chose to do so; but they also said that if that was not what God wanted to do, to save them, then that was fine by the young men also.

So the king's decree was that the furnace be lit, and 3 times hotter than it normally was. Then 3 young men were bound up and thrown into the fiery furnace.

The soldiers that threw the men in the furnace were burned up, but when the king and others looked at the furnace they saw 4 men walking around in the furnace. The 4th man was like the Son of God.

When the men came out of the fiery furnace, they didn't even have the smell of smoke on them.

Yes, our God is able to do more than what we ask. But like the Good Heavenly Father that He is, He only wants what is best for us.

Romans 8:28 "All things work together, for the good of those who love God." It says all things, not some or part, but all things.

So, my point is that there will be believers who will willingly give up their lives to the Heavenly Father to do with as it pleases Him.

It is also said that when Abraham took his son, Isaac up to the mountain to offer him up as a sacrifice, that he withheld NOT HIS ONLY SON but was willing to slay him because God asked him to.

Why would Abraham do such a thing? He was thoroughly convinced that even if he had slain his son, that God was big enough to bring him back to life.

And because Abraham was obedient to what the Lord had asked of him, it was counted as righteousness unto him.

God did provide a sacrifical ram which was caught in the bushes, and that was offered up in place of Isaac.

You cannot put God in a box; but you can know Him and His ways.

When they were out in the boat on the Sea of Galilee, the wind arose, and Jesus was sleeping in the bottom of the boat. And the disciples were sore afraid. They woke Jesus and cried unto Him, saying that they were about to perish. Jesus spoke to the winds and said, "Peace, be still."

The winds stopped, and the sea grew calm.

The disciples then said, even after being with Jesus for some time now, what is this that even the winds and the seas obey Him?

Even the disciples recognized where this power is coming from: God.

I tell you, I don't care how many degrees a person has, how smart he think he is, but only a fool says there is no God.

When the end of this age comes, many will be looking for God to save them, but it will be the anti-christ, the devil from hell itself that will come. And he will deceive many into believing that he is God.

People who won't, or don't, believe in God will be sent a delusion because that is what they have been believing all along, that God is non-existent. And so they will swallow up another lie: the anti-christ.

They will not know the true God and so they will have nothing to compare the True God with the one who is not.

For example. How do you know a dollar bill is real? If you handled enough real dollar bills, when the fake one comes along, you know it's fake.

Likewise, when a person has a personal relationship with God, walks with Him, and talks with Him, studies His Word.

Then when the false god or the devil, the antichrist comes along, he or she will know it.

It's the people who don't care about knowing God at all who will have the trouble discerning the True God from the devil.

But you cannot discern spiritual things until you are made new or born again, with God's spirit living inside of you unless you give Him permission to do so.

You do that by asking Jesus to forgive you of your sins, that you believe He died on the cross for your sins, and to ask Him to come into your heart to live there as a part of you.

And so this person has been sealed with the Holy Spirit, which is God's own spirit living in that person. That is God's mark on this person and it is only a down payment of what this person will receive since he gave His life to Christ and is now living for God alone.

You need to be very careful about worshipping anything other than God, especially the devil. You definitely do not want to go there. You will open more than a can of worms with that.

The things that you see are temporary, they will pass away. But the things which are unseen are eternal.

All things on this earth, will decay and pass away.

Love, peace, joy, long-suffering, patience. These are the fruit are the Holy Spirit. These are the things the come to a person who has allowed Christ to live in their hearts. BUT NOTICE, these things are ETERNAL.

Just because you can't see love, peace, joy, long-suffering, patience doesn't mean they don't exist. They do. And these are manifested by the actions of those people who have these fruits residing inside of them.

Notice I said FRUIT. A fruit pops out of a fruit tree. It just is. It means that it doesn't have to do anything but remain attach to the branch or the root from where it draws it's nourishment.

Likewise, Jesus said, "And you will know them by their fruit." Look at their fruit. If they don't have love, peace, joy, patience, long-suffering, then I would really question that person's walk with God.

If they manifest the opposite, it should give you an excellent idea of what that person is coming from

We wrestle not with flesh and blood but with spirits.

Likewise, man cannot enter into the kingdom of God by works. It just doesn't happen that way. It's not what you do for God, it is what God has already done for you. That's why it says that it is not by works alone that a man receives forgiveness/salvation for his sins, it is a gift freely given to man from God. The gift is just to receive payment for your sins. The only thing that will satisfy that payment is accepting what Christ's death on the cross as payment for your sins. It is as simple as that.

The bible says that there once was a poor man named Lazarus. He sat out the gate of a very rich man begging for crumbs to eat. Then one day he died and went to paradise and rested on Abraham's bosom. But the rich man died and he went to hades where there was torment and burning fire. The rich man saw the poor man and said to the poor man, dip you fingers into water and put the drops on my tongue that I might quench my thirst. The poor man said to the rich man, there is a chasm that separates us and I cannot reach over to do that. Then the rich man in angush tells the poor man to please send someone back to life on earth to tell his brothers about this awful place so that they too willl not fall victim to the place called hades. But the poor man said, if they will not believe someone who lives, why would they believe someone who will come back to life?

And so, there are many, many, people in that boat today, who do not believe in Jesus, His death on the cross, that He was the Son of God, nor do they believe that He came back to earth for 40 days before ascending to sit at the right hand of God the Father.

The bible also says, that when Jesus returns that the people on earth who denied Him will want to hide from Him, and pray that the rocks and the mountains will cover them, but that will not happen.

If you are not sure about what you believe, then pray that the Lord will open your eyes to see.

The bible says: now is the day of salvation, seek the Lord while He may still be found. When you seek the Lord with all your heart, if you draw near to Him, He will draw near to you.

He is a God of love, and a God of mercy. He is not slow in returning but patient in that He wants no person to perish.

2. Mirza

Mirza New Member

I had a dream I killed your god. It was a vision, therefore it is true because what I conceive in my mind happens in reality. I am serious. Tough luck not having to rely on an imaginary friend to cope with life.

3. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Thank goodness He's not imaginary. :lol:

4. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 28 2007, 07:10 PM) [snapback]398085[/snapback]</div>
    If it makes them happy to have a personal relationship with Jesus or God, then so be it. If someone claims to be one with God/Jesus then probably they are.

I cannot confirm, nor deny, the existance of God, Jesus, or any other divine entity. If I cannot confirm, nor refute this - how would I, or anyone, judge or mock one that has confirmed it within themselves?

5. Mirza

Mirza New Member

desynch,

I can agree with that...but the problem is when they are imposing their beliefs (look at loveit's message about being saved and whatnot)... which have absolutely NO grounds for basis in reality.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Feb 28 2007, 06:24 PM) [snapback]398090[/snapback]</div>

Too bad for you he's dead. Hence why he's imaginary now.

I killed God and I am proud of it.

6. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 28 2007, 07:30 PM) [snapback]398095[/snapback]</div>
    Mirza, while it may seem offensive or egotistical to proclaim that your "way" is the only right way - it is their right to believe so. If it makes them feel better to belittle other cultures/inviduals beliefs, then so be it.

Just as it is my right to smile, and continue living the life I want to lead, a life full of happiness and contentness - even whilst they proclaim I am jaded by the "Devil". :lol:

7. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 28 2007, 05:10 PM) [snapback]398085[/snapback]</div>

LOL!.. your a mixed up puppy!

There is no death for God.... death is the absence of God and eternity in torments.

Those who die and pass on to be with God, it is not death but a continuation of life forever!

We are eternal beings... we all will live forever somewhere..... when we die, we just don't cease to exist as if we never were..

Your a dreamer alright!.. you have no basis for any of your reality.

One bum sits on the corner and is sad as he considers the woes of his life, another sits on the corner and is high from his last hit and see's a wonder world of pink butterflies and pink clovers?... whos reality "is" reality?

Answer?... niether..... God is the only reality.. as else is an illusion of mere molecules and energy interpreted as you like.

Real life is not flesh and blood nor physical properties, but exist in the spirit realm.

Your spirit will live forever somewhere!... you can dream it away if you want, but its still true, you are an eternal being made in the image of God.

8. Mirza

Mirza New Member

I am sorry dude... I killed God. Life continues on/away from the way he purportedly created it. I entered the spiritual realm when I elicited the vision from the spirit energy within my biological material cells. He was in an emotional fit and was distracted when I used my spirit in the afterlife to strike him like a thunderbolt from Zeus. It was an easy kill to say the least.

9. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    BOOM HEADSHOT! lol

10. Mirza

Mirza New Member

LOL... literally so! No one was around to hear it when I used my energy to move my spirit into Heaven, but I have all the proof that it happened.

Desynch... pray that all liberals die.... windstrings, loveit... everyone... try it... and watch what happens...

............. (nothing, because I killed God and he can no longer carry His will)

Luckily for you windstrings, you get to reside in the afterlife with my spirit. We could have tea together and finally meet.

11. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 28 2007, 05:27 PM) [snapback]398093[/snapback]</div>

Thats extremely insightful and intelligent on your part to be open to the possiblity and not discount it just because you don't understand it.

There was a place in the bible where men were preaching and they were trying to decide whether to try and shut them down and one smart person stood up and said... "if these men are not from God.. all they say will come to nought, but if they are of God.. who can fight against God?... so leave them alone!"

Your statement was a breath of fresh air and gives me hope that God is indeed speaking to you.

God is always trying to get through to us, but we are so dull of hearing and so blind when in our normal earthy nature.....

There is scripture that says "God speaks once, yea twice, in a dream, in a vision of the night, yet man percieveth it not".. God bombards us with beautiful parables and messages in the universal language of pictures and stories in our dreams and even in our waking life, but we don't know how to listen and how to interpret.

Daniel was reverred for his ability to interpret dreams of God..... anybody can have a dream or get a word from the lord.. they will most likely miss it and not be able to interpret it, unless it is so strong and so bold as to knock them off thier feet like the Saul/Paul experience.

I have often wished God would just knock me in the head and make me see, but at the same time I'm scared to request such a wish as I don't know if I could handle it as it could come in many forms.

I really see the mercy of God when he executes miracles as a bolt of lightening striking the ground in front of us from the spirit world to get our attention.

Miracles are not for signs to the believer, but given mercifully as signs to the unbeliever in hopes to capture thier attention.

But we leak faith so bad, miracles alone still will not make us believe in God.

12. Mirza

Mirza New Member

I don't think you get it windstrings... I killed God... the Bible was true up until a couple of days ago. Now it's kinda worthless... but feel free to follow it... we can argue forever once we meet in eternity. I don't suppose anyone will open the pearly gates for us though.... ummmmmmmmmm with God dead and all. I'm pretty sure we can have tea together though... I definitely saw some relics of our material life up there.

13. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Mizra, I truly pray that you will not become like King Nebby! :unsure:

14. Mirza

Mirza New Member

God didn't get the chance to say anything before... well anyways tell me about this King Nebby.

15. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I think someone's still upset about the Monkey Spanking comment, in Post #443... :lol: :lol:

16. Mirza

Mirza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 28 2007, 07:21 PM) [snapback]398151[/snapback]</div>
    I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

17. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Mirza, since you took god's place, why don't you tell me who King Nebby is?

18. Mirza

Mirza New Member

I didn't say I took God's place... no one has that place now... as far as I know.

It should be evidently clear that I did some bedside repentence before I did away with your emotional ruler.

19. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 28 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]398110[/snapback]</div>
    I just wish they'd quit being such big weanies. They try to ban video games because they're violent, I mean, come on.. :rolleyes:

Think of the Children!!!

20. Mirza

Mirza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 28 2007, 08:06 PM) [snapback]398189[/snapback]</div>

Now come on dude... I'm a huge video gamer (well not so much anymore). I'm guessing you might know something I don't, but I have to wonder if it's really a "liberal" thing to bad\n violent video games... I would think it's overly concerned parents - whether liberal or conservative. That being said, I would be interested in looking at some studies showing how kids' brains react to violent video games vs ones that aren't so violent (in a controlled experiment). Not that I want to get a kid... but if I had one I'd probably be concerned too... even though banning violent video games - imho - crosses the line.