1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Down to the Rapture

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Mar 7 2007, 06:14 AM) [snapback]401536[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry. Not true. They may have Jewish ancestry, but they are not Jews according to their Jewish faith. Ask your local neighborhood rabbi. jews for Jesus or "Completed Jews" are Christians. The two ARE mutually exclusive.

It would be similar to me claiming to be a Christian. No Christian faith would accept me because I don't believe that Christ is the Son of God.

The only time I've disagreed with you TJ... :( But I know you ain't mad... :)

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Mar 7 2007, 07:07 AM) [snapback]401547[/snapback]</div>
    i've been seeing that in the posts of many others as well, and i just don't get it.

i even asked it straight out... "who's to say that worshipping god is exclusive to the christian faith?"

not a single answer from the all-knowing posters on THAT question. that alone speaks volumes.

3. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Mar 7 2007, 06:30 AM) [snapback]401603[/snapback]</div>
    My position is that it is not exclusive to the Christian faith, and in fact, for converts to the faith, worship always predates conversion. The act of seeking god ... always the prelude to a true conversion ... often involves worship and prayers to the unknown god to reveal himself to the supplicant. It is that longing for god that leads people on a spiritual quest.

I have a hard time thinking that God the Father will simply ignore all the good deeds and praise from his children of other faiths; as a father, I wouldn't be offended enough to kill my child if they didn't know my first name. The question, of course, is whether that worship, good deeds, and all the rest meet the minimum entrance requirements ;)

4. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 7 2007, 12:30 AM) [snapback]401378[/snapback]</div>
    For those who d not understand when I say "spiritual things are foolishness to the unbeliever". desynch said it very well here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Mar 7 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]401603[/snapback]</div>

Sorry, I didn't see that and sorry I missed that question. Worshipping god is not exclusive to Christians. Worshipping God is not exclusive to Christians. Worshipping God, and believing Jesus is the Son of God and accepting jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour...is exclusive to Christians. Make sense now?

5. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Mar 7 2007, 09:00 AM) [snapback]401616[/snapback]</div>

Good points.. speaking of firstborn... they were killed who did not fall under the mandate to put blood over the doorposts... another precursor to dying without the protection of the blood...

But anyways... I know God seeks those in all places.. he sees the heart seeking him the best they know how and He attempts to send messengers and his spirit to reach them, but they are often distracted with the enemies substitutes.

Nevertheless, God seeks the lost... many are called "and don't hear" but few are chosen "and do hear and respond...".

I don't understand the demise of so many souls in the end.. there will be tons that miss it and miss him.... His heart breaks for them.

I don't always understand the soverignty of God.. but he gives life, so he has the right to withdraw it anytime he sees fit.

We do not have a "right" to life. Thats the liberal mentality.

All that we have is a gift of God.. the air, our health etc.

So many would rather serve a rock or a statue or an unknown idea to substitute their call to worship a God, rather than the living God.

Good deeds are rewarded to those who are saved, but since they cannot buy salvation, they do no good for rewards without salvation first.

The Bible says if a man lives good his whole life and in the end turns from God, when he meets is maker, all his goodness will not be counted or mentioned to him.

Yet if an evil man who lives evil all his life turns at the end, when he stands before God, all his evil will not be mentioned to him.

The state of relationship we are in when we die is critical.

We all have choices.... although God has the "right" for your life, he does not superceed you will to take it except in death... he wants to give opportunity for souls to find him... but his spirit does not strive with man forever.

6. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 6 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]401279[/snapback]</div>
    If you are willing to expand the concept of "enlightenment" to include something that doesn't necessarily come to us from somewhere up above, I would say that humanists and atheists are also seeking the same thing.

7. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Believe what you will, but Jesus was Jewish. He was also called the Christ.

So not every follower of Jesus is a Jew, but those who are Jew by birth and follow Him are called "Completed Jews" because Jesus has made them complete.

Sure, there is a split within the Jewish commmunity. Many of them do not believe.

But you would have had to be a witness to the miracles which Jesus performed to believe. Most people won't believe anything unless they see it.

But there were 12 disciples who lived with Jesus for 3 full years when Jesus started His ministry.

As a result, He after the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus, the disciples were able to do many miracles in Jesus' name which alone testifies of God's wonder working power and majesty.

Even today, there are many mighty wonder working powers being done in the name of Jesus. Name above all names.

As I said before, it is up to each person to seek the Lord out for himself.

The bible says draw close to God and He will draw close to you.

8. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Mar 7 2007, 09:14 AM) [snapback]401621[/snapback]</div>

Yes, and even the Devil and his fallen angels and demons will all bow the knee too to God before thier done!

What is true worship without giving your heart?

Thats the whole tip that marriage swings on.. as truly marriage came from heaven as it pictures Gods relationship with us.

What is a marriage is you hold yourself back and don't give your heart?

Is that the two becoming one?.. of the two just co-existing together???

Thats what the World wants with God.. .spritual prostitution... all the benifits of having a relationship with God, but without the relationship and intimacy.. they want thier sin too which cannot co-exist together!

As we know.. the Demons believe in God and Jesus too and tremble when they hear his name, that doesn't save them.

Knowing the reality of a presence or entity enough to acknowledge, does not mean one is married to.

The devil had done all he can to pervert every picture of Gods relationship with us by attacking marriage and the family so that our youth will grow up without a concept of Gods love as a father and being part of a loving family thats bonded together for life.

the devil hates marriage and thats why its on his agenda to attack it.

Todays society already feels there is no commitment needed for any relatioship and that its ok to share full intimacy and bonding of hearts, just to turn and walk away for the next lover.

that alone has damaged our society more than we realize with fatherless children, broken hearts, scarred emotions and perverted trust that force people to the same sex to avoid all the complications and expectations of opposite sex relationships. Now their offended they don't get the legal benifits of marriage too?.. they don't even have a clue what being married is in the first place?????

But the more they can make it look like being married means nothing by " mocking marriage" with same sex relationships, the more they don't feel out of place and condemned by society.

Now that they have come out of the closet, now they want to climb in the marriage bed with us too!

9. Mirza

Mirza New Member

Wow I can't believe this thread is still going on... it's a good laugh though, seeing all the nutty things being said!!!!

BTW, a local psych ward had 3 Jesuses at one time :p

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Mar 7 2007, 10:14 AM) [snapback]401621[/snapback]</div>
    see, i can follow that. and this seems to be among the gentler views held around here, along with fshagan's feelings on the subject.

the exclusionists seem to be insisting that the christians and the jews and everyone else are all worshipping different gods, but that there cannot be more than one god so everyone but the christians are worshipping something false and therefore... you get the idea. it all seems to contradict.

i just have a hard time with people who are so willing to condemn everyone to this hell place, when it's not even their job to do so according to their own belief system...

11. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Mar 7 2007, 09:34 AM) [snapback]401645[/snapback]</div>

Almost "every" psych ward has someone who thinks thier Jesus... or I've also seen others so possessed wtih devils they thought I was!

Before you ask.. no I wasn't a patient! LOL!....

12. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Mar 7 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]401621[/snapback]</div>
    Who said I wasn't spiritual? I sure didn't. I just don't believe that a man, supposedly born via immaculate conception, was sent here by "God" to sacrifice himself for "Sins" that I personally never committed. I don't think this man walked on water. I do acknowledge that there may have been a man named Jesus Christ of Nazareth that taught a way of life. Is it possible that he could fly around, walk on water, and heal the sick? Sure, ANYTHING is possible.. but I do believe it? Nope.

You and windstrings and loveit can spew all the Biblical Scriptures you want, I've probably already read them ALL and discussed them ALL in class with Biblical SCHOLARS, and not a bunch of "Dooms-Day Revelations" types that twist the interpretations to suit their needs. I mean seriously, the way you guys talk is that you should be walking up and down the town center with signs that read "THE END IS NEAR".. There have been Christians like you guys since the beginning always claiming that the END IS NEAR and how you had better BOW TO JESUS CHRIST because if you don't you're going to burn in hell FOREVER. All through my years of Religious Schooling I had NEVER heard any of my teachers or instructors condemn another for their beliefs like you all do. You should be ashamed of yourselves. You should sit down and have a nice talk with your Pastor.

None of you walk the walk, or even talk the talk. It's all just nonsense. You think you know your own Religion, but to me, it sounds like you're spewing the same garbage I hear Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, and Ann Coulter spew. Hate, bigotry, anger, and end-of-times banter. Intolerance, disinformation, negativity, and ridiculous assumptions.

I'm through with this thread. If anyone has any questions about Buddhism feel free to PM me and we can talk more. I just can't handle seeing misinterpretted scripture after scripture, with 3 blank lines between each one, pasted over and over again. Mixed in with misunderstanding, FUD, and intolerance.. in all that scripture.. Wow. Just wow. Jesus-like, you are not.

13. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 7 2007, 10:30 AM) [snapback]401641[/snapback]</div>
    I was lazy, my replies are bolded :ph34r:

14. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Mar 7 2007, 12:31 PM) [snapback]401739[/snapback]</div>
    So, I guess, based on this post that's totally off-topic, you believe that divorce should be totally banned, too? I mean, if you want to protect marriage, isnt' this what you should do? After all, divorce leads to single parents, too. As does death. Nothing wrong with single parenting if the parent is committed and capable.

15. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 7 2007, 01:05 PM) [snapback]401720[/snapback]</div>
    I'd be interested in continuing the discussion of Buddhism in another thread, if you want to start one. I've read a bit about it, and I am interested in learning more. From what I have studied about it, I don't necessarily see a contradiction between being an atheist/humanist and learning from Buddist teachings.

16. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 7 2007, 02:05 PM) [snapback]401720[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I hope some of us, walk the walk...I enjoyed reading your posts.

I hope that your journey is filled with peace, and understanding.

17. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 7 2007, 01:00 PM) [snapback]401756[/snapback]</div>
    I'm in. Buddhism doesn't actually contradict any religion that I've seen. Well, maybe the gospel of the FSM--I don't think that beer (in a volcano or not) isn't exactly something to aspire to, at least not at the higher levels.

That being said,

RAmen

I think I'll go the same road as desynch and not get sucked into the uninformed rantings of loveit and windstrings again (whose beliefs I respect, even though I don't respect the two as people. A person can only tell me they hate me so many times before I decide to stop giving them fodder).

Too bad, really. I may have been able to learn something from them...

Keep the faith, TJ. I have no doubt you will! I love reading what you write; as I've told you before, you give me hope and happiness. Thanks for that!

18. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Desynch, He died for YOUR sins, as well as everyone else's sins, including mine, Windstrings, and PriusGuy04.

If a person said that he has not sinned, he is lying and so the TRUTH, (meaning Jesus), is not in that person.

And so that person is none of Jesus', meaning that person doesn't belong to Jesus.

So basically you are saying that you are WITHOUT sin, and so you are without/or do not belong to Jesus, correct?

19. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Mar 7 2007, 01:29 PM) [snapback]401682[/snapback]</div>
    Galaxee, I don't mind at all responding to you sense you seem to be open...and searching. No MAN condemns anyone...God does not condemn either. Man will condemn himself to hell and the lake of fire. Mans own words and choices.

Look at it this way....there is a law (speeding, theft, murder, whatever). you break it, are caught, tried , and punished. Are you going to say the judge, or the policeman, or the jury condemned you? Not in this sense, your own actions condemned you. If God were right in front of you and said....You shall believe in me or go to hell. If you choose not to believe, you condemned yourself. In the end time, some men, even though they have been living IN JESUS' kingdom...will choose to rebel and serve satan.

So, God says simply, the earth is not your home. Satan rules here...I allow satan some lee-way here...your home is eventually with me. Believe on me and you will inherit that life.

When I decide it is time, I will remove all believers, past and present, remove the Holy Spirit and Satan will have TOTAL reign.

Oh, there is more, but I want to address your concerns. Why do people think everything should be perfect here and now. If it were, who would need God? God wants to be needed. Your price is simply a split second in eternity where you have to suffer. Small price to pay huh!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 7 2007, 02:05 PM) [snapback]401720[/snapback]</div>

'nuff said!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Mar 7 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]401766[/snapback]</div>

Loveit...he is blind!

20. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Why are you people still talking about me?

I am a Buddhist.

Calling me "blind" is insulting. I don't believe what you believe. Neither do the other 10 million Buddhists living here in the United States.. or the 340 other million throughout the world.