1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Down to the Rapture

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah? Well I don't believe in your tooth fairy because I have never seen documented proof of his/her existance. Now the Meter Fairy IS real. I have seen him on tv and in pictures so I KNOW it's true.

[​IMG]

2. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 12 2007, 02:31 PM) [snapback]404361[/snapback]</div>
    Not bad, but your spelling and grammar weren't in the same league and so gave away the game. I suggest next time hitting the keyboard with your fist about twice a sentence, for emphasis, and the resultant spelling & grammar will be more of a match.

To Windstrings: If you believe the effort necessary to clean up your essays (spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.) is "too much effort", you're simply proving you're too selfish even for your own "god." You claim to be the vessel for "god's" message, yet you can't even give your "god" the courtesy of conveying "his" message in anything other than a dirty, cracked and leaking bowl, making the message exceptionally unappealing to anyone trying to "drink" it all in.

Writing is a shared responsibility: the reader must do some work to put himself in the writer's frame of reference, and the writer must make that frame of reference easily accessible. Since it is the writer, not the reader, who is attempting to convey some message, it is up to the writer to help the reader along, not frustrate him.

And if the spelling and grammar are slovenly, there's a strong likelihood the ideas are slovenly too; not thought through, not clearly and concisely expressed, not even coherent.

Take some time to make your essays more than keyboard barf. Show some courtesy not just for the reader, but for your "god" too, that "his" message is worth your time to convey in a manner that attracts attention, not repels it.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 12 2007, 05:31 PM) [snapback]404361[/snapback]</div>
    snipped for mercy on some eyes...

WOOHOO... you got ALL the terminology down! you might have even mastered the skewed logic that makes up the whole "i know it to be true" using intuition rather than facts (because as we've been told, facts are indeed not our friends) argument... but i'm not enough of an expert in it myself to know for sure.

[​IMG]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Mar 12 2007, 05:04 PM) [snapback]404340[/snapback]</div>
    see, the logical way in my mind is to say "hey, whatever works for you is great but leave the rest of us the hell out of it." really i'm happy to leave it at that. but that will never happen. people can believe whatever they want as far as i'm concerned. just let me come to my own damn conclusions rather than spew this muck in my face...

4. Loveit

Loveit New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Mar 12 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]404328[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, so you don't agree with the definition of the words: "Completed Jew"?

And that's what you see as condesending? Sorry. I didn't see it that way, honestly.

However, that's what my friends call themselves, and so when in Rome do as the Romans do.

So, I call them "Completed Jews" also.

But, I asked a question and maybe you can answer it for me as I am trying to understand where others are coming from.

I believe that the Messiah has come. You, on the other hand do not, and that's okay by me.

My question is, how will you know when He comes? What given sign(s) are you looking for to know or how to know when the Messiah comes? So far, no one has answered that question.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Mar 12 2007, 05:02 PM) [snapback]404382[/snapback]</div>
    Mark, what does that have to do with anything? It's like saying, because a rich man is rich, and a poor man is poor, that the rich man is better than the poor.

In God's eyes we are all the same. Now whether or not we believe the same, that's another story.

5. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Mar 12 2007, 06:14 PM) [snapback]404389[/snapback]</div>
    Peruse this entire thread and I think you'll find that you're not the only one trying to tackle unanswered questions. Many questions concerning your God, both His existence and His principles, remain unanswered.

6. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Mar 12 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]404370[/snapback]</div>
    Your Meter Fairy is a false prophet!!! You are blind because the FALSE PROPHET has jaded your vision!@

THIS IS THE TRUTH!!!! Maybe one day you will be smart enough and see the TRUTH because that Meter

Fairy is totally wrong and FAKE. .. that Meter Fairy isnt even a Fairy!!!!! It's actually the DEVIL just lying to

you. If you could see the TRUTH about the Fairy and Santa Claus then you would stop all the suffering!!

You would be one with The Fairy Kingdom and have a place waiting for you when all your teeth fall out. It is

all the TRUTH!!! Because I have this book that says so!! I felt the presense of the tooth fairy!! DONT YOU

BELIEVE ME?? WHY DONT YOU BELIEVE ME??? I'm SOOO persecuted!!! You are all FOOLS for not

believing what I believe! DAMNED TO HELL FIRE FOOLS!!!!! MY BOOK SAYS SO!!!

ps - give my tooth fairy organization your money when you come to visit us.. so we can build bigger tooth

fairy alters and worship to tooth fairy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Mar 12 2007, 05:08 PM) [snapback]404383[/snapback]</div>
    There is only one TRUTH !!! THERE IS NO NEED FOR FACTS! Just believe!!! KNOW that this Holy Tooth Fairy

book is the TRUTH.. the ONE AND ONLY TRUTH!

All those millions and millions of Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Taosists.. they're all WRONG AND BLIND TO THE

WAY OF THE TRUTH!!!!!@ They don't have a tooth fairy because they haven't accepted the tooth fairy into

their mouths to reclaim what is rightly the tooth fairies!

THIS IS THE TRUTH WHY ARE YOU SO BLIND?

SEE LOOK! Here is my PROOF!! PROOF OF THE TRUTH!!!!!

Chapter 34:21.8 from Old Book written by hallucinating village idiot:

"BE WARNED YE THAT THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH AND THAT THE TOOTH FAIRY IS THE ONLY TRUTH REGARDING WHERE YOUR TEETH GO. BE WARNED!!!! YARR!!!!! If you don't

see the TRUTH then the sky will fall and you'll all die during the TOOTHLESS RAPTURE!!!!!!"

Chapter 12:55.9 from Old Book Written by lying harlot:

"I gave birth to the TOOTH FAIRY via immaculate conception!!! But I got ghonorrea from riding a tractor! .. this is THE TRUTH!!!! THE ONE AND ONLY TRUTH!!!!!! BELIEVE ME OR

YOU WILL SUFFER!!!!"

Why should I have to sugar coat the TRUTH if you dont like it well you shouldnt because you are WRONG!!!! Just because I am saying what you dont want to hear doesnt mean

you're right!!! SEE!!! I'm totally right and you dont like the fact that I'm right because you're WRONG!!! IT has _NOTHING_ to do with my terrible atitude or the way I twist words

around in my parables. THE TOOTH FAIRY SPEAKS THROUGH ME!!! I AM THE TOOTH FAIRIES MESSAGE CARRIER!!!!1one
    dlkeugw9oadsvfb;'ldjf';lsr09u43
    DVbl,sjdg;lsgd

s;flkjas;lfk39023f <----- banged keyboard for emphasis as suggested.

7. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Mar 12 2007, 04:02 PM) [snapback]404382[/snapback]</div>
    Long posts are nice to weed out those who are not really hungry for the truth anyway.... as they don't deserve it... as well as bad grammar......

I have no obligation to make my reading pleasant....nor to be non offensive to everybody as non man has ever pleased everybody.....

If I break from the truth to please, then those who love the truth would be offended.... if you don't like the truth, like what you want.. thats between you and God.

I am a busy person and it would be ten times worse if I didn't re-read it.... you lucky your getting what you get......
    If you want to grade my paper for grammer and ignore the content.... have at it... it really won't make me lose sleep.

And if you have to resort to picking at my grammar to find any error.. I'll take that as a compliment!

When you dig for Gold, you usually have to go through a little mud and dirt and rock to get to it.... if your too lazy to dig, you can just have mud.

I have absolutely no responsibility to "make" anyone believe anything... you will never get it unless your hungry and ask of God and he prepares your heart anyway.

If Jesus couldn't penetrate those who would not see... who am I to do better?

You better fall on your face and pray to God what I say is off base and that your not decieved.... but since I know your decieved.. I also know you won't pray to God that your not!

8. Loveit

Loveit New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SSimon @ Mar 12 2007, 05:19 PM) [snapback]404392[/snapback]</div>

Well, if you really want to know something and I can answer it, I will.

But if I can't answer it, I will tell you so.

9. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 12 2007, 05:36 PM) [snapback]404399[/snapback]</div>
    Brilliant! Make your posts so unintelligble and offensive so people that actually try to hold a conservation with you are put off and possibly leave feeling offended and alienated.

Thats totally would Jesus would do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 12 2007, 05:36 PM) [snapback]404399[/snapback]</div>
    See, error can only be found in actual factual statements..

10. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The more y'all write about religion, the more like gibberish it sounds.

Keep it coming!

11. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Mar 12 2007, 05:55 PM) [snapback]404415[/snapback]</div>
    Thats because you are BLIND!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

12. airportkid

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 12 2007, 03:36 PM) [snapback]404399[/snapback]</div>
    Got it, Windstrings. Loud and, well, loud anyway. Anything more than barest minimum effort is not part of your repertoire, and screw anyone left short by your lack of responsibility.

MB

13. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Mar 12 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]404389[/snapback]</div>
    Misrepresenting what I said yet again loveit. I do not agree with YOUR definition of "Completed Jew." Last time I checked, I am indeed a completed Jew. By MY definition.

As to the arrival of the Messiach, well, try reading THIS. There are some stylistic problems with the exposition, but you should be able to work out why most Jews are still waiting. What signs and portents do I await? When? I do not know, but reckon we'll get a tip off or two and be smart enough to figure it out when the time comes. And you have the rapture already ticked off in your daytimer?

As to your statement: "In God's eyes we are all the same. Now whether or not we believe the same, that's another story," I fail to comprehend how you can face yourself in the mirror, given how many pages you have spent telling all of us who YOU see as damned for all time ARE "different."

I have said it before and will say it again, it is your entire TONE I find condescending...as well as your not-so-very between the lines message to me that, because your friends, with their beliefs, call themselves "completed Jews," I, with very different beliefs, cannot possibly be such.

Have I answered your questions to your satisfaction? Can I go to MY heaven without the blessing of YOUR god, but with that of MINE, who appears to ME to be an entirely different entity. For one thing, my god is WAY less persnickety than yours. Mine will accept you, warts and all, as long as you do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Period.

14. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Mar 12 2007, 06:14 PM) [snapback]404420[/snapback]</div>
    "Anytime a person represents God's voice, or acts as a teacher, or claims to..... they are held to a more critical standard before God."
    --windstrings

15. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 12 2007, 04:53 PM) [snapback]404410[/snapback]</div>
    You don't know Jesus... how do you know what he would do?

He spoke in such a way that it would go over the head of the merely intelligent and logical and it would only be revealed to those the Father intended to know it.... seems you guys are even more simple than that???

I can explain in explicit detail "not in parables" and you still don't get it!

(Mark 4:9 NKJV) And He said to them, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"
    (Mark 4:10 NKJV) But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable.
    (Mark 4:11 NKJV) And He said to them, "To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables,
    (Mark 4:12 NKJV) "so that 'Seeing they may see and not perceive, And hearing they may hear and not understand; Lest they should turn, And their sins be forgiven them.'"

(Luke 8:9 NKJV) Then His disciples asked Him, saying, "What does this parable mean?"
    (Luke 8:10 NKJV) And He said, "To you it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is given in parables, that 'Seeing they may not see, And hearing they may not understand.'

You see.. God is not "begging" you to come to him.... he loves you and is giving the opportunity... its your loss not his if you don't.
    If you want truth, you need to pray earnestly for it and seek it as silver..... otherwise, I can promise you.. no one can cramm it down your throat against your will!... its not that easy!

Its very precious like finding a vein Gold to find the Lord.... you treat it as if its garbage.

Truth is far more gracious and precious to go where she is not welcomed.

16. airportkid

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Mar 12 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]404389[/snapback]</div>
    No, Loveit, I'm not saying a rich man is BETTER than a poor man. But a rich man is decidedly more ABLE than a poor man. Now, if you're living in poverty, are you gonna wallow in your squalor, or are you going to try to improve your condition and increase your ABILITY? You may not attain Rockefeller wealth, but ANY increase in ABILITY lifts you out of the paralysis of INABILITY.

You can't spell - use a spellchecker. You find grammar challenging - use a grammar checker.
    But more important, LISTEN to your own argument by proofreading. How's it SOUND? Paying attention to how your writing SOUNDS improves it 500%.

Is your essay a sequence of ideas that logically follow and reinforce one another - or are you just rambling random ideas off the top of your head as they occur to you, with no effort whatsoever toward weaving them into a strong, coherent argument?

None of this stuff requires any more ability than simply PAYING ATTENTION.

And show your reader some courtesy. You've taken time to make a statement, presumably because you want it heard. If you insult your reader (directly, or by making the reading a painful chore), you can't reasonably expect your statement to be heard. Why bother making it at all, then?

Is courtesy one of those moral ideas not covered in the bible, so you evangelists don't think it matters?

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

17. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 12 2007, 05:23 PM) [snapback]404434[/snapback]</div>
    I"m fairly confident Jesus would not have given you the "effort" I already have as your rejecting him.....

It will be your loss yet furthur If I feel I am to not respond to your posts any further either.

Just say the word.. and I won't bother you any more with my grammar!

The only reason I am still on this thread is I haven't been released to leave yet by the Lord... it may be for someone besides you.. I can't judge.

yes.. I'm saying I have already gone far above the call of duty to strive with you when you don't want God anyways, nor do you want anyone else to have him as that might make you feel your missing something!

You have no idea who you are serving and who is your master!... and such a puppet you are.... I"m sorry!...

18. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 12 2007, 04:29 PM) [snapback]404440[/snapback]</div>
    Windstrings, YOU explain next to nothing. You parrot your party line, you cut and past bible passages. Try using YOUR OWN WORDS to really EXPLAIN and SUBSTANTIATE your views and maybe some among this audience might be more receptive. And, please, don't bother saying the bible is god's word, so you don't need to have your own. That might fly in your church. That ain't here. If you hope to convince people that your way is THE way--tell us what YOU think. We can all google all the chapters and verses you cite. Try something new for a change.

19. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Mar 12 2007, 05:47 PM) [snapback]404453[/snapback]</div>
    LOL!.... .your acting pretty dense... go back and look at how long my post are... only less than 20% is taken up with scripture... maybe less!

Here is some more examples of even longer posts... I've been nice on this thread!... LOL! http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=1...mp;#entry404428

Just how long would you like my post to be now?

I don't talk out of my opinions.. I must back it up with word... otherwise I will be on the same level as you... just another guy with an opinion.... about as valuable as what you wipe everyday....

20. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 12 2007, 06:35 PM) [snapback]404446[/snapback]</div>
    Oh heavens--calling another one of us an evil puppet.

I hereby am giving you the word to stop bothering us with grammar.

Does that mean you're going to start typing in tongues? That would be pretty cool.